• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Dayscope + NV Questions

TXCOWDOC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Aggieland (College Station, TX)
Getting close to pulling the trigger on a clip on (Armasight CO-MR). That said, I have a couple of questions concerning the day scope.
1. does the reticle type matter? For example, I have a Leu 4.5-14x50 w/ ILL Duplex. Does illumination help you see the reticle when using the NV? Same question with another scope I have (NF NXS) also having illuminated reticle capability.

2. Distance from day scope front obj to rear of NV device? Does this matter?

Thanks to all for the help-

CAn't wait to get this done.

TX COWDOC

Last edited:
The lighting outside and what you are shooting at will determine whether or not you want your reticle lit.
As far as spacing, it's not super critical. You don't want it waaay out there, but chances are, you won't have enough rail space to move it so far out that it's unusable.

I have both co-MR's and CO-x's and can usually beat most advertised prices if you are interested.
If you have any questions, please let me know!

... Distance from day scope front obj to rear of NV device? Does this matter?

For NVD, I'm going with .75 to 1 inches, which is what Morovision read to me over the phone out of their PVS-22 manual. I cover the gap with gorrilla tape if other means are not available ...

Thanks Gents-
So here's my anticipated scenario:
Dark night, no moon. Black pig. 100 yards out. Do I see the black reticle against the NV image on the pig? DO I need to turn on the reticle?
Thanks-

I've never gotten benefit from turning on ill ret with NV ... not to say it is impossible ... but I've turned it on several times to see if there was any benefit ... but even at low illum .. the obscuring of the target negates the increased ability to see the reticle. In twilight conditions or with tac lights .. I've gotten about 0.1% of cases where ill ret on is better than ill ret off ... but so far, with about 1500 rds down range in past 18 months with NVD, haven't seen 1 case with Ill Ret adding more value than it removed.

Of course, in the scenario you mention, if you have thermal, then even less of a reason for Ill Ret. :)

We never use a lit reticle and never have any issues. On a pitch black night I'm generally using a illuminator so the target is bright.