• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dbm for 223?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
i'm considering starting a new build 223. i noticed alot of the dbm manufactures offer dbm's in short action while other offer caliber specific setup's. will the short action dbm's work with a 223. more specifically will the badger m5 setup work with 223?

Re: dbm for 223?

It wasn't until a month or so ago that there were dedicated .223 magazines to gun in an AICS-type bottom metal (Badger, CDI, AICS, Surgeon, etc).

With the development of these mags, it is simple to run a DBM 223 now.

Yes...the Badger will run the new AI 223 mags.

Also, it is my understanding that Seekins either has or is about to have a DMB system with a 223 mag as well. If your heart isn't set on the Badger (which is an EXCELLENT bit of kit), then give Seekins a try:

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/

i'm going with badger because the stock i'm planning or ordering is already inleted for the m5.

I will have mags available soon from AI guys, the Badger M5 Short Action looks like this with an AI 223 mag in it:

100_4300.jpg

Of course the AICS will also work along with any other DBM that accepts AICS mags:

100_4297.jpg

100_4298.jpg

Cheers,

Adam

tuna921, mags will be in shortly shoot me an email with how many you need if you are not already on the list and I will get you taken care of as soon as they arrive.

cmnspwr, yes we do have M5's in stock ready to go if you need one along with extra mags as well.

I saw this awhile back and thought it was a great idea then. I need to get in touch with you about getting one of these systems for my ackley and maybe for my 6br. Not having to single load is a very good thing.

I'm going to be running a M5 with AI 223 mags from Adam here shortly. He got money today, so I'm hoping they're on the truck my way by this time next week.

Rich