• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD Delta 5 feeding problems

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
A friend of mine bought one of these in 6.5 creed. He asked me to help him set his rifle and scope up and we ran into feeding problems.

After starting to push a round into the chamber with the bolt, the round will slide under the bolt and cause a jam with the round a quarter of the way into the chamber. We tried a Magpul mag and AICS mag, same feeding problems while using both.

The bolt binds very easily in the action. Honestly it feels like a piece of crap, and I recommended he sell it and get a Tikka. Is there any fix for this?

The only thing I can think of that would help is opening the feed lips on the mag to try and make the rounds sit higher. Maybe then they wouldn't slide under the bolt. I wasn't going to try and bend the feed lips on my mags for his rifle though.

Is this a common problem with this rifle?

Picture worth a thousand words.
I didn't take a picture of his rifle. Here is a picture of someone else having the same problem.

Attachments

• photo_.JPG.jpg
    photo_.JPG.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 119
Well you could try using metal mags and see if it works/bend them around. But DD sells these guns with magpuls so that means this is a warranty issue in my opinion. It does not function as received from the manufacturer and they need to figure that out. I can understand if hes disappointed and wants to sell it :(

I shot one of these yesterday at the Ducks Unlimited Expo and the bolt on that gun felt like garbage. And this was a gun that was getting tons of rounds through it so it was definitely broken in. Honestly I was really disappointed, especially because you could buy and set up a tikka for less.

Ah this old chestnut. Cheats way... Hold the magazine up, try again.

If it magically works, the mag latch needs to be tweaked. I see this a lot.

You want the rim of the cartridge to come up past the bolt face by at least 3mm when the bolt is pulled back.

As the nose of the cartridge goes up, the base of the cartridge goes down slightly. You need the 3mm over lap to combat this.

I did a video on it a few months back clearly showing what's going on.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
Well you could try using metal mags and see if it works/bend them around. But DD sells these guns with magpuls so that means this is a warranty issue in my opinion. It does not function as received from the manufacturer and they need to figure that out. I can understand if hes disappointed and wants to sell it :(

I shot one of these yesterday at the Ducks Unlimited Expo and the bolt on that gun felt like garbage. And this was a gun that was getting tons of rounds through it so it was definitely broken in. Honestly I was really disappointed, especially because you could buy and set up a tikka for less.
Thats funny because I told him he should sell it and buy a Tikka. I think he should have DD look at it before he sells it though.

Reactions: moosemeat
Thats funny because I told him he should sell it and buy a Tikka. I think he should have DD look at it before he sells it though.
For sure. If the gun is accurate that is the most important part aside from the reliability issues, I'd agree that he should make DD get it figured out first and maybe complain that the bolt is binding. Its likely an easy fix for the mag as iceng posted. I had a bergara once that had a similar issue as this with an out of spec mag catch.

IDK what was up with the binding and sloppy bolt tolerances on the DD gun I shot tho. I was expecting the action to be more on the level of my Tac A1 I had.

For sure. If the gun is accurate that is the most important part aside from the reliability issues, I'd agree that he should make DD get it figured out first and maybe complain that the bolt is binding. Its likely an easy fix for the mag as iceng posted. I had a bergara once that had a similar issue as this with an out of spec mag catch.

IDK what was up with the binding and sloppy bolt tolerances on the DD gun I shot tho. I was expecting the action to be more on the level of my Tac A1 I had.
It wasn't just the one you shot. It was his too and I've read some reviews that said the same thing.