• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD mk18 or LMT MRP piston

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Getting my first SBR and plan on runnin a QD can on it. Lookint at the DD mk18 upper or the LMT 12" piston. Which one would be a better for an SBR. I have been told heat transfer is bad with the piston SBRs, even backing into the forearm.

I do like the weight better on the DD as the pistons are a little heavier.

Which one is he better way to go for a suppressed SBR AR.

thanks for the help.

Re: DD mk18 or LMT MRP piston

2011-02-10%252016.13.22.jpg

I would go LMT. I've had one of their DI guns and currently own one of their piston guns - both were/are excellent. I would also think the piston setup would give you the advantage running it suppressed. (Unless you had a switchblock or something like that on a DI gun.)

I own an LMT MRP CQB 12" and the gun is awesome. I'd recommend them as they've been reliable with me. If you decide to run and SBR and decide to suppress it, make sure you buy a can that has a mount that will let you remove the piston rod (in case you need to clean it). I'm running a Gemtech with a bi-lock mount now. I use to run a AAC on it but couldn't remove the piston rod with it. You had to remove the barrel to take it out from the other side.

Hey Ben, as far as suppression goes, that piston will be nice. Its not going to throw as much (if any) gas back into your face as the DI will. The gas is all held up in that piston so its definitely going to be more pleasant to shoot suppressed with the piston system; however, if you want that MK18 upper, give me a shout, I'll get it in here for ya
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluegrass Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you thought about the LWRC SBR's? </div></div>

+1 for the LWRC . . . or a PWS. DMack's thread on his PWS 5.56 is one of the most informative and educational threads I've read. I came real close to pulling the trigger on one a while back.

+1 on the LWRC!! The LMT is also a very nice weapon only downfall is the shortest MRP Piston is 12" you can get the M6A2 in 10.5..makes a nice little package when suppressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMBradshaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ben, as far as suppression goes, that piston will be nice. Its not going to throw as much (if any) gas back into your face as the DI will. The gas is all held up in that piston so its definitely going to be more pleasant to shoot suppressed with the piston system; however, if you want that MK18 upper, give me a shout, I'll get it in here for ya
smile.gif
</div></div>

I wish I had just ordered a complete mk18