• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead Air Sierra 5

Clayman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2021
AZ
PBjVqB2.jpg

Saw this floating around Instagram. Looks like this is the new 5.56 offering from Dead Air.

I think I need one. Looks like it checks a lot of the boxes for a versatile 5.56 can.

Reactions: Boomslang57
So, basically, it sounds like a HUB-threaded 5.56 bore Sandman-S... I'd be down for the KeyMo version. 👍🏼

Yeah, it appears to be. Sounds like it might take some inspiration from the aem5 as far as it's exterior appearance.

Yeah, it appears to be. Sounds like it might take some inspiration from the aem5 as far as it's exterior appearance.
I haven't seen any pictures. Today was somewhat crazy at work, so not a ton of time on the internet.

13.3oz is a heavy ass full auto no barrel length restriction can?

Sandman S is basically 18 oz
RC2 17oz
Turbo T2 13.5
Rugged Razor 13.4
Oss 17oz
Helios QD 19oz
Saker 14.7
Kac qdc 17oz
Griffin m4 17.4
Dominus SR 12.5oz. 30cal can

don't see anywhere that says the Sierra 5 is full auto rated

funny what happened to the dummy who released the leaked info though

The Nomad 30 weighs about the same as well. These were clearly intended for different uses, compared to other hard use 556 cans it's lighter or in line.

What happened? I saw this on Instagram.

Reactions: b6graham
The Nomad 30 weighs about the same as well. These were clearly intended for different uses, compared to other hard use 556 cans it's lighter or in line.

What happened? I saw this on Instagram.
supposedly they got banned from some suppressor FB groups and lost their distributor ties

Reactions: Clayman
13.3oz is a heavy ass full auto no barrel length restriction can?

Sandman S is basically 18 oz
RC2 17oz
Turbo T2 13.5
Rugged Razor 13.4
Oss 17oz
Helios QD 19oz
Saker 14.7
Kac qdc 17oz
Griffin m4 17.4
Exactly... 👍🏼 That's actually fairly light for what it is. Solid Stellite baffle stack and a stainless tube... F/A rated, with no barrel length restrictions, that's really not bad at all for a can that's THAT hardcore.

That's not even in the same ballpark... Dominus SR might be tough, but it's not a hard-use can like the Sandman is. And judging by the specs, weight, size and dimensions of the Sierra5, it's basically a 5.56 dedicated Sandman-S with HUB mounting. Nobody is going to use Stellite baffles incased in a 17-4 stainless tube on something that's not full-auto rated.

supposedly they got banned from some suppressor FB groups and lost their distributor ties
They deserved it. Privileged information is a privilege...Not a right for the public to know before it's deemed the proper time by the producer of the privileged information.

Now if someone would find the leak at the Supreme Court, and hang the traitor scumbag. Along with all the Soros paid actors harassing, stalking, and attempting to intimidate the SC justices at their own homes with LEAKED addresses that were private information.

I can confirm this is indeed a hard-use can. If you ran any titanium suppressor like this one is meant to be then it would kinda not be a suppressor anymore.
😂 That's what I was thinking by looking at the specs! I was like, dude, nothing against the TBAC, they're great cans, but it's not even in the same ballpark as far as purpose-built design for extreme heavy duty usage. I'm excited about this new can... I'd love to demo and test one of the KeyMo models someday. 👍🏼

Reactions: b6graham
Wow super excited to come across this!... to whoever leaked it, quite frankly they just persuaded me to wait for the official release of this instead of buying a surefire.

I can confirm this is indeed a hard-use can. If you ran any titanium suppressor like this one is meant to be then it would kinda not be a suppressor anymore.
That’s my only regret getting a Sandman Ti, great for my heavy ass bolt guns but I’m paranoid to run it on any semi autos too much.

Reactions: 30calDeath
That’s my only regret getting a Sandman Ti, great for my heavy ass bolt guns but I’m paranoid to run it on any semi autos too much.
I've ran my Nomad-LT on AR's for a couple thousand rounds of different cartridges both subs and supers (no mag dumps or anything crazy or stupid), but it has gotten pretty warm on my 14.5" 5.56 after a relatively quick 30 round mag, and after a 15-shot string through my bolt-action .260 Rem (22")... I've checked the blast baffle and no erosion. Edges are still sharp. 👍🏼

Don't mag-dump with it, but don't be scared to shoot it. You can shoot some decent shot-strings, timing a few seconds between your shots. Just let it cool completely between mags. The goal is to not get titanium cans over 800ºF, according to most manufacturers.

I've ran my Nomad-LT on AR's for a couple thousand rounds of different cartridges both subs and supers (no mag dumps or anything crazy or stupid), but it has gotten pretty warm on my 14.5" 5.56 after a relatively quick 30 round mag, and after a 15-shot string through my bolt-action .260 Rem (22")... I've checked the blast baffle and no erosion. Edges are still sharp. 👍🏼

Don't mag-dump with it, but don't be scared to shoot it. You can shoot some decent shot-strings, timing a few seconds between your shots. Just let it cool completely between mags. The goal is to not get titanium cans over 800ºF, according to most manufacturers.
But I want to go full retard so I just don’t put it on my semi autos lol. Eventually I’ll get some built like tanks, I carry around a 26lb rifle what’s a 18oz can on an AR?

But I want to go full retard so I just don’t put it on my semi autos lol. Eventually I’ll get some built like tanks, I carry around a 26lb rifle what’s a 18oz can on an AR?
Sounds like you need a Sandman-S. Or, if you want a 5.56 dedicated can, this new Sierra5 sounds like the ticket. 👍🏼

Reactions: akmike47
Sounds like you need a Sandman-S. Or, if you want a 5.56 dedicated can, this new Sierra5 sounds like the ticket. 👍🏼
I wish, I’m a poor I was thinking a YHM Turbo lol. They aren’t the quietest but it’s hard to kill a surefire can, sold a ton back in the day. Just not worth the cost.

I wish, I’m a poor I was thinking a YHM Turbo lol. They aren’t the quietest but it’s hard to kill a surefire can, sold a ton back in the day. Just not worth the cost.
I'm a poor, too. Save your pennies bro... The Sandman-S is worth it over the Turbo. There were a couple of younger guys (early 20's) shooting a Resonator-K on a .30-06 at the range, and it was as if they weren't even using a can. Total waste of a tax stamp. 😂

Might catch hate for this...But... IMO, the only thing Surefire makes worth buying are flashlights. 😂 They are solid cans, just not quiet, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of spending hard-earned money on a suppressor, right? To make stuff quiet... 🤷🏼

I'm a poor, too. Save your pennies bro... The Sandman-S is worth it over the Turbo. There were a couple of younger guys (early 20's) shooting a Resonator-K on a .30-06 at the range, and it was as if they weren't even using a can. Total waste of a tax stamp. 😂

Might catch hate for this...But... IMO, the only thing Surefire makes worth buying are flashlights. 😂 They are solid cans, just not quiet, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of spending hard-earned money on a suppressor, right? To make stuff quiet... 🤷🏼
To be fair I’m mostly deaf anyway lol. My buddies turbo is pretty quiet on his AR, surefire definitely isn’t the quietest but it’s a tank seen a bunch of them launched down range and just keep going. I miss dealer discounts lol

Reactions: jb0311 and FuhQ
I like my Surefire RC2 556s. They are far quieter if you use a 3-prong flash hider vs. the warcomp.

I am highly likely to buy one of these Sierras as well.

No hate but I'll bite...

I absolutely do not think K cans are a waste of a stamp or that the only purpose of cans are to be "quiet". Just depends on your use but that is a case by case basis. For a large segment of the consumer that is probably like you, just wanting the can to be as quiet as possible, then sure, maybe it's a waste of $200. K cans serve a purpose and that is to knock back some sound, flash, and concussion for those who need a compact package. I've done plenty of room clearing both in training and overseas and I can tell you buildings over in the middle east and eastern block do not have the giant fucking hallways and rooms like we are used to here in the states. Building codes don't really apply in 2nd and 3rd world countries. Some mud huts in Afghanistan i could barely fit through with my plate carrier on. I sure as shit didn't want a giant Nomad L hanging off my SBR there. I also have ran 100's of thousands of rounds through Surefire cans, again in training and combat and they flat out hold up. If they can withstand firing schedules of training and deployments in triple digit temps, thats worth some points in my book. They are extremely proven cans. They of course have been around for a while not so it stands to reason that newer companies like DA can and should be able to match and in certain cases improve upon trusted suppressor designs, but again they mostly focus on the average consumer who wants to be the John Wick of their public shooting range by making the most quiet can they can.

Just my 2cents but for most of us running supers through cans, we realize that nothing "practical" out there is actually hearing safe when you are shooting as much as we do in the environments we do. Now for those who only train on a shooting bench and shoot a few rounds a year during hunting, sure its fine to throw a huge can like an LT on the end and have fun with it. Different jobs require different tools. A claw hammer isn't useless because I can drive a nail with one swing of a sledge hammer.

I thought the Dominus-SR meets the SOCCOM surge cycle specs - I would say it does okay for hard use.

It's not hard-use enough for the most hardcore of forum posters.

SURGschedule.jpg

Imagine going to the range and being restricted to nothing more severe than 10 cycles of the above. Man, I'd look like a complete pussy.

• Haha
Reactions: Jnull and kthomas
Showing up to the range with a Stellite-baffled "hard use" suppressor on a semi-auto is the firearms equivalent of mall-crawling. Agreesively justifying this by claiming to do "mag dumps" is somewhere in bro-dozer territory.

If you've got a legit belt-fed MG, by all means carry on.

Nah, don't try to blame that on your suppressor... 👍🏼

That's actually a half-decent burn. Please give my compliments to your new writing staff.

You also MUST own the (self-advertised) "best military sniper rifle in the world" according to the Hide for your first rifle.

"You're just going to upgrade anyways, so why not buy the very best right now?" *goes back to shooting 3-round groups from a bench at 100 yards*

Also, if your AR-pattern carbine doesn't survive at least 20,000 rounds, it's junk. Please make sure there are several of these stashed nearby, or else you don't care about protecting your family. Also implied - you apparently are living in Tijuana.

Will be interesting to see how long until they hit the market, they've been teasing this can for a few years now, very interested in how it does. Mike Pappas probably ins't too happy this info got out since he's been trying to keep it under wraps and he still might not be ready to release for a while.

I wish I could buy one without a mount. I guess I could always sell it.

Reactions: FuhQ
I have multiple I need to sell already. I'd be buying the xeno version and selling that.

I wish I could buy one without a mount. I guess I could always sell it.

Capitol Armory will sell it without the mount. Saves you $100. They are also able to direct ship to a bunch of states and they are adding more.