• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Dealing with COVID depends on who/where you are.

Rust

Couldn't think of anything clever
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Florida
1590426398342.png

This is my baby sister. An Army veteran, she was with HH2 in the first Gulf War with the first column to cross the border. She is now an ICU/ER nurse. She was with the VA hospital in Maine, volunteered to go the the VA in Los Angeles, and then volunteered to go to the Tuba City Navajo Nation Hospital where COVID has been especially bad. During the Potato Famine in Ireland, the Navajo Nation sent money to Ireland for relief. Not a lot as the Navajo Nation was and still is desperately poor. The Irish have sent money to the Navajo more than 100 years later as COVID hit in remembrance of that generosity. My sister, being of Irish decent decided to do her part too.

Somewhere around half my family has served in the sandboxes, Viet Nam, Korea, WWII, WWI and further back. I'm retired Navy. My mother was an Army Nurse, my father a WWII vet, my stepfather a WWII, Korean and Viet Nam vet, My uncles are WWII vets, a great uncle a WWI and WWII vet. I'm retired Navy.

Yeah I know that COVID isn't all the news media cracks it up to be. BUT to certain areas and segments of the population it's bad news, which is why something like 80% of deaths are in the age 60 and up bracket. Myself, I'm in that bracket with Renal Hypertension, Class III kidney disease, a messed up thyroid and a messed up immune system so I've crawled into my bunker since if I get it, it would probably kill me. We had to skip my mothers 89th and my stepfathers 90th birthday bashes this year, had to settle for video conference.

I'm sure all of you have older folks in your family more at risk too. So regardless of whether you isolate or not, be safe and use common sense for your particular situation

I never knew that about the Irish and the Navajo. That's kind of cool. A lot of the complicated deaths with this are with multiple issues I can't remember the term it's like co-mortem or something when there are multiple ailments like that that contribute to death.

A lot of the issues we have in this country with COPD and other respiratory ailments, high blood pressure and the medications for that and high cholesterol don't help matters either.

I never knew that about the Irish and the Navajo. That's kind of cool. A lot of the complicated deaths with this are with multiple issues I can't remember the term it's like co-mortem or something when there are multiple ailments like that that contribute to death.

A lot of the issues we have in this country with COPD and other respiratory ailments, high blood pressure and the medications for that and high cholesterol don't help matters either.

I swear, I learned A LOT more of the smaller but more intense and emotional parts of this country's history here on the Hide than anywhere else. Not even on Arfcom, as GD consists of a lot of shitposting or anime/cosplay talk and sometimes it takes a bit of effort to filter out the signal from the background noise. I never knew that part about the Irish and the Navajo either. That is kickass stuff right there...

OP, God bless your sister and everyone else on the front lines of this shit.

Reactions: Romeo458