• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Death By China

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    I just saw this on Netflix last night. Pretty good, and an eye opener. Granted the movie is biased but as someone who worked in Beijing for five weeks I can attest to the level of pollution and environmental decay I witnessed.

Death By China - the Documentary Film by Director Peter Navarro

Death by China Documentary Film - Official Trailer - YouTube

Don't blame me if your really pissed off after you see it, but I think it's a must for every American, or anyone who is concerned for our economy and planet.

yeah, but it's not convenient. Nor does it appease the instant gratification requirement. But we're paying extra here, for the "carbon emissions", so we're doing our part, right? Also, it's "over there", and not here. How can it affect those of us over here, when it's so far away.

You'll notice that the last was NOT ended as a question. Statements made by the apathetic.

Nice video.Thanks for sharing.
    It is funny how people blame it on the government and then they go to Walmart for the shopping.
    This is our fault for not demanding domestic product. Education is the key, not government intervention. We have enough of that already.
    I have no doubt a dollar saved at walmart and foreign product is one dollar towards the long term investment in the future misery of our children.
    We have to be global and consume from others but everything I mean everything is from outside?.
    So buy from your local farmers, support US made products and ask politicians to help but it is ultimately on us.
    The levels of pollution in china are off the charts. They know they have a huge problem.
    I give them 10years before they implode.

And if you read the recent issue of Time you'd see that China's cheap labor force isn't so cheap anymore. Big shifts starting to (slowly) happen there.

Nice video.Thanks for sharing.
    It is funny how people blame it on the government and then they go to Walmart for the shopping.
    This is our fault for not demanding domestic product. Education is the key, not government intervention. We have enough of that already.
    I have no doubt a dollar saved at walmart and foreign product is one dollar towards the long term investment in the future misery of our children.
    We have to be global and consume from others but everything I mean everything is from outside?.
    So buy from your local farmers, support US made products and ask politicians to help but it is ultimately on us.
    The levels of pollution in china are off the charts. They know they have a huge problem.
    I give them 10years before they implode.

And if you read the recent issue of Time you'd see that China's cheap labor force isn't so cheap anymore. Big shifts starting to (slowly) happen there.

It's on us to buy local as you say. Bottom dollar as we know is probably not always the best. I make the point that yes it may be cheeper but will the product last? We always try to purchase U.S. made goods. As I type on my Macbook Air, oh the hypocrisy.

I would say yes we went through an industrial revolution and it was tough but our human rights abuses were never as egregious as the Chinese.

Lastly and ironically enough it's true that China is now outsourcing to other Southeast Asian countries like Vietnam.

Watch it on Netflix and decide for yourself.

If it hasn't already been heard, China is going through an economic recession, possibly a depression. They decided to borrow quite a large sum of money, and now there is a whole city vacant because of that.

This might be a good thing in overview, but it also might be a bad thing as well. A recent oil contract for oil export, in Iraq, was awarded to a Chinese company. One could reason that if the Chinese realize that if they get to a sort of fiscal nervousness, then they might get desperate enough to do something shady, if they haven't already.

It was also reported recently that spyware has been found on many Chinese made computer chips, and that this spyware allows backdoor access to(according to the report) 80% of the world's computers.

If it hasn't already been heard, China is going through an economic recession, possibly a depression. They decided to borrow quite a large sum of money, and now there is a whole city vacant because of that.

This might be a good thing in overview, but it also might be a bad thing as well. A recent oil contract for oil export, in Iraq, was awarded to a Chinese company. One could reason that if the Chinese realize that if they get to a sort of fiscal nervousness, then they might get desperate enough to do something shady, if they haven't already.

It was also reported recently that spyware has been found on many Chinese made computer chips, and that this spyware allows backdoor access to(according to the report) 80% of the world's computers.

True. Interestingly enough but that fear of an overall collapse in China has given rise to mass purchasing of restate all over the U.S. especially the C.A. Bay Area. This has shot up prices to record levels and made it all but impossible for local families to purchase property. The wealthier Chinese are trying to hide their money in U.S. property. A house that went for half a mil a few years ago is easily shy of a million dollars today. Exorbitant to the level of insanity.

I don't entirely blame China, our government, and we as consumers are also to fault.