• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

decapping pin wont stay in

codemancode

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2012
Kansas
I use a RCBS competition FL resizing die. I cant seem to get the decapping pin to stay in the die. It used to come out periodically when i was sizing casing with slightly off-center flash holes, but now it wont stay in at all. Gravity is enough to make it fall out. Is there a way to adjust the die to make the pin tighter? I checked the manual, but it doesn't address the issue.

Ideas?

Thanks

Re: decapping pin wont stay in

Take the expander ball off, make sure there is no obstuctions, jam it back in, take two pliers and tighten it up.

Call rcbs and tell them. Warranty?
Or get a set of quality LEE collet die's.

You may need to use a "headed" decap pin. I had to after I bent the stem when a berdan 223 snuck its way into my boxer brass. Broke the pin and bent the stem, only fix and still going strong was a headed decap pin.

I don't think the headed decap pins work in all dies.
Do they?

Give RCBS a call. They recently (within last 2yrs) changed their
pins a bit. instead of being a pin only it has more of a head like described. I had a similar issue after doing a resizing a bunch. Classic RCBS CS they got my info an had a pin or two a few days later.
Had it happen with a Hornady die set as well. But that was for the RUM an I couldn't even resize one case without the pin falling out. All my dies come in green boxes now...except for the 2 carbide rifle sets in blue