• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decent ($150-250) scope for a CZ 22LR 452?

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
With so many low end scopes out there is there one that stands out among the herd? If it had a BDC for standard 40gr 22lr ammo all the better. Hopefully made in japan NOT in china.

Re: Decent ($150-250) scope for a CZ 22LR 452?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With so many low end scopes out there is there one that stands out among the herd?</div></div>Do you see the two main problems inherent in that statement?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With so many low end scopes out there is there one that stands out among the herd?</div></div>Do you see the two main problems inherent in that statement? </div></div>

No! Do You? Are you one of the people who looks for anything to bitch about in every thread OR are you someone who helps people with their question?

Dont answer that!

Im not going to mount an SB on a 22 rimfire.

BACK TO THE TOPIC.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With so many low end scopes out there is there one that stands out among the herd? If it had a BDC for standard 40gr 22lr ammo all the better. Hopefully made in japan NOT in china. </div></div>Perhaps. Buy ten of each model and you will find out.

I'm serious. That's as much help as is possible to give. Would you have a better question for us to work with?

Sounds like your heading towards a nikon rimfire scope but you did not list specs you want. Are you looking for repeatable adjustments, the ability to simply hold a zero and use the reticle for any adjustments, magnification??

You can also go with a Leupold VXI. There are several that fall into that category.

And WTF is up with this board? People get slammed here for asking simple questions. Not everyone can or wants to put a S&B piece of glass on a rim fire.

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are made in the Philippines(so are most of the Vortex). All other Simmons are made in China, but these are nice to look through. I have one and they are a great scope for the money me thinks.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/746570/...x-reticle-matte
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/168462/...t-reticle-matte </div></div>

I love my WTC on my 22wmr Savage. On my 22lr I have the ProHunter 4-12x50 w/AO.

While the WTC is a massive scope, the ProHunter is a little less so...

Your best bet is to be patient and watch Gun Broker or Ebay for used Leupold Vari-X III scopes. I got a nice Vari-X III MK4 3.5-10 with Leupold QD rings for $275 delivered on Gun Broker. The gloss finish 3.5-10 are in there frequently for around $200.

Sorry but I have to agree with Graham. I don't chime in much when these questions come up. I have a MK4 16x on my 22 rifle and guess what... I never have to worry about whether something is wrong with the scope.

Glass is just as important of an investment as the rifle itself. My advice in these situiations is you will get what you pay for.

I have bought many "cheap" scopes in 30 years. Without exception every one has been a bad investment. Sorry for slamming you if you think thta is what I am doing, which I a not. I am not leering down from lofty heights of above average means either. The practice of buying cheap scopes is a false economy even for a squirrel rifle. In the long run money not well spent is money wasted and if you have little money then you can't afford to waste money.

Just being honest and giving you sound advice. Not slamming anyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Layton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And WTF is up with this board? People get slammed here for asking simple questions.</div></div>What's up with this Board is that it isn't 22Rimfire.com or AR15.com. People often come here to get advice on questions that are not simple. So they frequently get asked for clarification regarding vague or simplistic questions. A few of them, rather than re-double their efforts and take their own inquiry seriously, instead get upset and offended when it becomes evident that the person trying to help them has thought more about the question than they did.

For me, asking the OP about his question told me what I needed to know: How much he cares about his original question; and how committed he is to his own participation here. On a Board with almost 75,000 members this is useful information for us all.

Simmons - China
Bushnell - China (one model I know comes with different turrets for bullet weights).
Barska - China
BSA - Taiwan
Weaver - Philippines
Nikon - Philippines
Center Point (@ WalMart) made by Crossman in China but American run/managed.

That's all I can find. Hope this helps.

He asked a pretty simple question and most others understood it. As for this not being 22rimfire.com or AR15.com. Remove the rimfire section from this forum then if you don't want questions like that. You may also want to update forum rules so that no questions are asked unless you want to submit your entire thought process and use case along with that question before it's answered. Oh and prove you've used the search engine too.

For crying out loud, someone asks a simple question regarding an inexpensive scope then just answer it. There are plenty of decent options out there. I think most people understand you get what you pay for.

Everyone want's to 'school' the person asking a question if it doesn't fit their format of how he/she should of asked said question. That's the rub.

Actually, it's about knowing your audience. And I agree: First using the search function is a good idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your best bet is to be patient and watch Gun Broker or Ebay for used Leupold Vari-X III scopes. I got a nice Vari-X III MK4 3.5-10 with Leupold QD rings for $275 delivered on Gun Broker. The gloss finish 3.5-10 are in there frequently for around $200. </div></div>
+1 my thoughts exactly

Another $50 and youre in SWFA SS MRAD territory...can't go wrong there.

I'm waiting on a 16x MRAD I picked up here on the Hide PX for my 452 Varmint in a T4 FWIW..

The question that the OP asked seemed reasonable and straight forward to me.

If you are willing to increase your spending limit by $55, I believe that a Pride Fowler 3-9x32mm .22lr scope would work out perfectly for what you're wanting. They're front focal and have a BDC reticle for a 40 gr high velocity bullet out to 200m. I bought one last year for my Ruger 10/22, and have been loving the optic. The BDC seems to match up pretty well and is a real joy to use out hunting.

http://swfa.com/Pride-Fowler-3-9x32-Rapid-Reticle-22LR-Rifle-Scope-P47276.aspx

Nikon has a nice dedicated .22 tactical scope now (P-22), it' sub $200 if you look around.

Or you could go for the weaver 3-10 tactical sold only by MidwayUSA, it's frequently on sale for $299. I have one, which is now on my .223 bolt gun but spent quite a bit of time on my 10-22 until I switched it over. Great scope for the money.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested the Bushnell Tactical 10x mil/mil yet or like bcw suggested for a little more you can get the adjustable Weaver mil/mil around $300.

I pulled my Bushy 10x out and its even made in Japan
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I shoot a mueller on both of my silhouette rifles...I have no complaints about them. they are consistent tracking, very clear, and cheap

"for the price"

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $1 - $100.00
</span> </span> </span>

Centerpoint 4-16 "Adventure class"

BSA "Sweet" series

Tasco mildot / target dot

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $101.00 - $200.00
</span> </span> </span>

Bushnell Trophy / Legend / Banner (depends on model)

BSA 6-24 "Midway" tactical

Some of the Mueller line

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $201.00 - $300.00
</span> </span> </span>

Some of Mueller line

Nikon prostaff (depends on model / options)

Bushnell Trophy / Legend / Banner (depends on model / options)

i believe vortex has a few that fit in those price ranges, they get great reviews, but i can't vouch for that as i have no personal experience with them.

of course it depends on what you need vs. what you want and what is available to meet your needs within the budget.
Thoughts on picking a scope for a rimfire.

believe it or not, and to my surprise, BSA "tactical scope" @ Midway for 150.00 & the centerpoint 4-16 offers @ walmart offers very acceptable clarity and user friendly options for the price and IMO the two that stands out in the cheap scope / low investment scope for .22 catagory.

barska is hit and miss, 1 scope will be decent, the next (same model) will be hideous. the leapers scope are very similiar to the centerpoints, pretty clear and usable for the $. don't bother with sightmark triple duty line.

with exception of the BSA 6-24 tactiacl at midway and the 4-14 FFP and the sweet series (for the money), the rest are not worth the money, even though cheap you may get only a year or two of use out of them before the adjustments are worn out.

i've worn out simmons .44 mag and pro series within 3 years

as mentioned by another poster, every "cheap scope" (other than my centerpoints) has broke or been worn out within a few years, but yet i still buy "cheap scopes". while i'm finally gravitating toward the buy once cry once crowd as in the long run it's a better pay off and am now a place in life where it i'm able to do so, it's sometimes not economically feasible to come up with enough scratch to get a "nice scope" but one that is good enough to hold you over until you can (which usually never happens anyway, as something more important comes up that drains the toys fund) so your back to square one.

i don't really see anything wrong with buying a "cheap scope" as long as it is one of those that are a "bang for the buck" type and not completely garbage, which is the topic at hand, and the research is done - at least it'll provide a few years of trigger time and that the purchaser is willing to accept that they may (probably) have to be doing the whole thing over in 3-4 years.

while price usually dictates quality, it shouldn't be the yardstick of what all scopes are measured, as then a 500.00 countersniper should be great.

i recently bought 2 other kinds of scopes in the 450.00 range that are considered good scopes by many, but neither could focus worth a shit and were sent back, the 70.00 walmart centerpoint blew them away in the clarity dept. so price = quality argument while usually the rule of thumb, isn't neccessarily the law, and unfortunately you usually have to go through alot of BS before you find something acceptable in the cheaper scope catagory.

an applicable topic:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3564441&page=2

so cheap scope vs. mid priced vs. higher priced scopes will remain the touchie hot topic till the end of time, there's no getting around it, and folks will get flamed to some extent for asking, it happens all too often here and everywhere else.

the challenge in finding a "decent cheap scope": if your cranking turrets all the time the cheaper stuff will wear out and lose zero, no doubt about it. if not cranking turrets and the scope seems clear enough to be acceptable for the amount paid, a cheaper scope will last longer, perhaps long enough that the purchaser can be satisfied with the amount they spent on the purchase. but again the purchaser has to accept up front they will probably be replacing it down the line, and not complain about it.

on the flip side, those who have been down that road before and now run "better stuff" now should offer the "buy once cry once" wisdom & experience, but also remember when they themselves couldn't plunk down 800.00 for a leopold. if there's no value added advice for those that are seeking advice on a acceptable-for-the-price "budget scope" questions that come across the forums then why bother posting. especially when those questions are presented in a non mall ninjaish style. at least add advice on the cheaper ones you have used (and used up) along the way to where you are at now.

though i do say to use the google search function too as many of the cheap scope threads are done over and over and over again, and most of the info is already there to help narrow things down a bit more.

Wow...this was just like how I feel when I walk into a computer store.
I'm pretty much a luddite. When I do need to upgrade I head to the PC store and tell the salesperson..."I'm needing a basic computer to do home finances and keep up on Snipers Hide...I'm not a computer geek!"
Which is immediately followed by a dissertation on gigabytes, hertz, ram diopoles...etc.
When I reiterate that I don't have a clue what they're talking about they give me the "what...you stupid or something look"
That's when I ask for their manager...complain loudly and then shop elsewhere.

Anyhoo...I know it's made in China, but I've had good success with the Bushnell's Elite 3-9X40 on my 93FVSS. I've used it for 2 seasons now...it holds zero between my weekly shooting sessions and is fairly sharp and bright...not Swaroski or SB...but at a price around $250 (on sale) it's pretty good.
The thing that impressed me was that I sighted in at 50m. My ballistic calculator told me that I would need 8 clicks for my ammo at 100m.
I adjusted so, and the first shot was dead centre in the bull.

I have a hard time spending thrice as much on my scope for my rimfire than I did on the entire rifle... I went cheap. Gander Mt, for 45.00 I picked up a little Simmons .22 Mag scope. 3 X 9 power duplex reticle (which i really dont like). Nice clear glass, holds zero well. Set it up and have shot over 1500 rounds and never had to touch it again.

Is it as flashy as a ProStaff or Leupold? Nope, but it gets the job done and done well.

My two cents...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FAL1123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised nobody has suggested the Bushnell Tactical 10x mil/mil yet or like bcw suggested for a little more you can get the adjustable Weaver mil/mil around $300.

I pulled my Bushy 10x out and its even made in Japan
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
</div></div>

This or an SWFA SS of your choice of mag gets my vote. The little Bushy 10x rocks.

I've had pretty good look with a Tasco Varmint Mildot 6x24. It tracks well and the glass gets the job done for the 99.00 price point.

DFOOSKING...I always welcome when someone with a lot of knowledge tries to educate me on his area of expertise.
But sometimes someone 'knowledgeable' comes across sounding like the newbie is an idiot for even having the gall to ask a beginners question (the post 'notifying' the OP that this 'wasn't .22rimfire.com' for example).
And sometime people actually have a budget. As important as shooting is to me, I have an 8 and 11 to feed, who are, in all honesty more important.
Or are you telling me I'm not welcome here because I can't affort the same prioities?

Have fun. its attitudes like this that make it really hard for me to stay here.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schollianmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have fun. its attitudes like this that make it really hard for me to stay here..... </div></div>

bye!....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schollianmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have fun. its attitudes like this that make it really hard for me to stay here..... </div></div>

Whenever I see this I simply can't resist.....
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Funny. A friend texted me yesterday asking me about cheap scopes. What do you think of ______. Well I don't think too much of them to be honest. Now I will give you the advice I gave him." The Bushnell Elite 10x is the absolute minimum scope I would ever consider. I have owned one and it was tolerable."
As has been said. If you want a scope that will simply hold zero you have greatly slid under what some here require out of a scope. I tell you this. My FIL has recently put me in charge of "fixing" his gun problems. Damn things won't hold zero from one year to the next. When I told him that Bushnell he has on one in particular was a peice of shit, he shot back with; "That is an expensive scope, that thing cost me over $160!" My retort, "Obviously not expensive enough." Yes you can be "took" by an expensive scope but the phenomenon is rare. I know lots of folks that drive $20K Harleys, $35K pickups, and $30K bass boats. They buy $1000 rifles and $9K four wheelers.....and use less than $200 glass.
I see folks every month who struggle with "more affordable scopes" and I myself have been through that struggle. I don't just reach in my pocket and buy a $1500 peice of glass any time I like but when I need one I make a way. I drive a beat up KIA, never owned a Harley, have a beat up used Southern Skimmer and live in a modest house I built myself. My Kids are well fed, clothed and enjoy many luxuries I never had handed to me as a child. I don't dump every dime I earn into a retirement fund so I can enjoy my life when I am mostly dead. THAT is why I own nice things.

Not to belabor the point, and y'all won't get rid of me this easy 'cause I'm fairly thick skinned ;-) ...but a few here could stand to reread #1 of the forum rules.
DFOOSKING...suggesting a $300 scope on a $300 rifle is perfectly reasonable..and I will be the first to say that if I had budgeted $200 and someone such as yourself explained that $300 would get me better glass...I'd find the extra $100.
I think you have presented your thoughts politely.
It's the one or two posts saying that I need to spend much more than that...or intimating that perhaps I (or the OP) shouldn't even bother asking that get my goat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on my 17HMR and it's a great little scope for around $150 </div></div>

+1 on the Prostaff.

Personally, I plan on spending at least as much for glass as I do for the rifle. It's perfectly reasonable (to me) to spend $300 on a good scope for a $300 .22- especially since the CZs I've had were quite accurate and deserved optics that allowed me to wring the best out of them.
Doesn't always work out that way, some of my rifles have $2K glass on them and my supressed 10-22 is wearing a bargain table $10 special. But that $10 special is a fixed power, holds zero, and is adequate for shooting sage rats and grouse at close ranges.
That said, if you plan to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">use</span></span> your scope, turning knobs as conditions change, then you'll want to pay more for a better-built scope with consistent changes and a solid return to zero.

1911fan

Decent scope start around $300. The truth is that compared with a few years ago there are a lot more stuff but still there isn't anything under $300 really and the next step up is in the $500 - $700 range.

Trophy XLT mildot wich can be had with rebate right now for 95-100 bux. NOT made in China and a very respectable scope for the money. Next step up, bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40 bone collector which can be had for around 110 bux with rebate right now. The DOA 600 reticle aint the greatest reticle but good enough for getting out to 250-300 yards or so with the right base

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I plan on spending at least as much for glass as I do for the rifle. It's perfectly reasonable (to me) to spend $300 on a good scope for a $300 .22- especially since the CZs I've had were quite accurate and deserved optics that allowed me to wring the best out of them.
Doesn't always work out that way, some of my rifles have $2K glass on them and my supressed 10-22 is wearing a bargain table $10 special. But that $10 special is a fixed power, holds zero, and is adequate for shooting sage rats and grouse at close ranges.
That said, if you plan to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">use</span></span> your scope, turning knobs as conditions change, then you'll want to pay more for a better-built scope with consistent changes and a solid return to zero.

1911fan </div></div>

This ! 1911 nailed it !
Look at the Vortex Brand lower end scopes ( Everyone raves about the upper end Vortex's ) I just picked up their Crossfire II 6-18x44AO for $220
should be here in a day or two and I will take some pics and give a rundown on it
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-6-18x44-ao-with-dead-hold-bdc-moa-reticle/reticle

I would go Muller all the way. 180-300 dollar price tag. They are made in Japan and are quote nice. Very bright and track nicely. IMHO, there is not a nicer optic in the price range. I do believe the all time smallest 22LR group was shot by a rifle wearing a Mueller also.

Got my SS 16x MRAD in the mail and put on my CZ today, and it focuses down to 10M...the reticle rocks, the clicks are positive as shit, and 16x means no having to break firing position to break out the higher-mag spotter to find .22 holes (as I've had to do sometimes even on 10x optics before). I still say an SS in your flavor of mag for a .22LR trainer...

Edit: "Made in Japan" on the bottom of the turret housing...

Agree in full on the Nikon Prostaff with a BDC retical of coarse. I have one on my Tac Solutions .22, wouldnt change it for the price for anything. Very clear.

SWFA makes a decent low end scope in the fixed power models. Hard to beat for $299 depending on what application your using it for. If im not mistaking they came out with a 6/10/12/16x42. Personally I cannot stand bushnell, I have had nothing but bad luck personally with them and havent really had the greatest expreince with their customer service. My buddy just picked up a Nikon P-223 and it functions much better than anticipated to be honest. From what one of the other guys above said, I would run either a Nikon P-22 or the SWFA 6/10/12x42. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With so many low end scopes out there is there one that stands out among the herd?</div></div>

I use 2 scopes on my CZ 455. Very satisfied with both.
A Centerpoint mil-dot 4-16x40 for hunting squirrels and rabbits.
Zeroed at 50 yards, the mil-dots make it easy to adjust to different distances
and windage without changing the zero setting on the turrets.
But a hunting scope won't do for target shooting.
The heavier crosshairs, which work so well in low light levels
and thick brush, occlude the target bullseye at longer distances.
For target shooting I'm extremely happy with the Mueller 8-32x44
with fine crosshairs and target dot. Install the Lilja barrel
and the Mueller and I can try to compete with the hardcore benchrest guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I plan on spending at least as much for glass as I do for the rifle. It's perfectly reasonable (to me) to spend $300 on a good scope for a $300 .22- especially since the CZs I've had were quite accurate and deserved optics that allowed me to wring the best out of them.

1911fan </div></div>Have to agree with 1911fan on this. If you are going to turn the knobs you better get a quality scope that will take it and a manufacture that will back up thier product. Go with a manufacture that has lifetime a life time waranty and has a reputation for backing up thier waranty. Even if you are not going to turn the knobs get a good quality scope. You can get close to your money back out of a quality scope if you decide to sell it and the lessor scopes you will not get your money back. My experience is the lessor scopes are just not dependable so I have to save my pennies to get a good quality scope. Luck to you on your selection. Remember that a good selling point is the life time waranty on a scope,if you decide you don't like it. Some buy used and send it back to the manufacture to have it checked out and have a like new scope.

I'm in the same boat as the OP (not new to this bit either so I figure I'd offer up my $.02)

I just picked up a savage semi-auto 64-FVSR and would like to put good enough glass on it to wring it out.

now lets look at the price points here:

Gun $275 (had I decided to build a 10-22 to my liking we would be ~$650)
I have no problem putting an equal $ amount scope on the gun, but there is a very large difference in the $275 and ~$650. One is an SWFA SS 10X (new or used)while the other is a full out Vortex PST FFP (used).
While I would love to put a USO ST10 on this gun it is still a rimfire rifle and an inexpensive one at that. If I decided to buy a Remington 40X then I would expect to put a comparable amount into the glass, but to have every inexpensive scop post come out and start with some jackwagon saying "Go USO/Nightforce/Leupold/etc. or go home!, Buy once - Cry once" I get really sick and tired of hearing it.
When I bought my first NF there were still people saying how it had it's faults and isn't good enough - I'm sorry but if you think that an $1800 scope just isn't going to cut it you should probably change professions and enter the world of competative shooting - and stop telling new posters that they just shouldn't try.
Now back to being on topic...
You really have to define what you want to do and how much you are going to use the rifle. 22LR is cheap and most can afford to shoot the crap out of it so most will expect their rifle to either be a trainer or a goto gun and really wear it out. if you don't plan on using the turrets and just want to holdover and learn to use a reticle, then you will want something that has very good usable subtensions and have a good log book. on the other hand if you are wanting to click your happy little heart away then you will want something that has excellent return to zero capabilities that won't wear out quickly (this is wear the money will start to add up). clarity of glass normally goes with the brand and the pricepoint, but many people will just have to determine how much clarity that can live with (yes USO clear is nice, but if you never have it then you never miss it).
once you can answer these questions you will have a fairly clear path toward which scope will work for you and how you can fit that into your budget (whether buying used or sacrificing some of the items you would like but don't need - i.e. zerostops and such).
For example:
I intend to click turrets (that match my reticle), shoot no further than 300 yards, ad have enough clarity for my eyesight (which is fairly well off). Other things I would like, but would sacrifice are: Front Focal Plane, Variable Power, Illumination, and an inexpensive price point.
This, with the price of my rifle ($275), is leaning me torawrds a used Bushnell 3-12 FFP or a used Vortex PST 2.5-10 SFP - Both of these are more than my rifle, but since I hold return to zero, positive tracking, and same turret and reticle subtensions higher on my list I have to rule out the inexpensive options of a used SWFA 10X MIL/MOA, but the inexpensive option that would still hold out for me is the tried and true (for my needs) Bushnell fixed 10X MIL/MIL.
Read a lot and screw the individuals that think they know whats best for you - just take in the sound advice and shove off the equipment snob's crap.

Best of luck to you sir.

I have a burris fullfield II on my 452. IMHO is is the clearest of the low end scopes. Cabelas has rim fire scopes that look good in the store. Don't know how it would be in the field.