• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dedicated vs shared bipod

LostInTranslation

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2020
Given that some bipods can get quite expensive ($300+) - what is the thinking of moving bipod from one rifle to another? With quick-release setup - it almost feels better to have single nice bipod...

I would go with one nice bipod with quick release than 2 mediocre bipods. We can only shoot one rifle at a time anyway and my Atlas Cal bipod comes off when the rifle goes in the bag due to the width anyway.

Reactions: trob
I would go with one nice bipod with quick release than 2 mediocre bipods. We can only shoot one rifle at a time anyway and my Atlas Cal bipod comes off when the rifle goes in the bag due to the width anyway.
That was kind of my thinking as well...

I’ve just come to the same conclusion. Was planning on getting two magpul bipods for a centerfire and rimfire trainer. But at that point may as well get an atlas cal to use on both. Made the idea of dropping so much on a bipod much easier to swallow!

Arca rail or picatinny RRS clamp on my CAL or SCAL(which I end up using mostly) for my AR’s and 260.
My elite Iron is dedicated to my 7 saum.

Reactions: erslll
I have a CAL on my 6 Creedmoor and a pair of Harris with spiked feet for a Remage 260/308.

If I was to do it again, I would just spend all the money into one.

I would suggest getting at least two good bipods. I bring two rifles when I shoot especially in the summer, when one gets hot
I go to the second one.

One time I forgot the second bipod and had to switch between two rifles, while not catastrophic it was a pain in the ass
readjusting the clamp for the different width pic rails.

I agree about one nice one rather than multiple poor ones. That said I like to have multiple guns out and shootable at once so friends, wife, etc can use them. So I do some switching but have enough bipod to have 3 going play once. I currently have a tbac on the ax, atlas on the 6.5 gas gun, and magpul on a 223 gas gun. I need at least one more. Thinking about another tbac or maybe an elite iron.

If you are like me and take people along, it's nice to have a 2nd one. I have 2 atlases and my kid has a Harris. I hardly ever go to the range alone, so 2 bipods are almost a necessity.

I agree. That being said, my now “mediocre bipod” is my Atlas PRS. I prefer my Accu-Tac and switch it around usually as I don’t need multiple guns at once without time to adjust the QD. And yes, depending on rail, you may have to adjust each time which is a little pain in the ass.

I just use 1 mediocre bipod between rifles.
A 9-13 Harris with the standard sling stud mount seems to work just fine for me.