• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Defensive Knife for Gov Employee

Its easy to give ideas on a carry knife but the big issue is what fits good in youre hand and what you can carry comfortably . Look at kershaw they aint too expensive if you have to leave it stuck in someones spine.

Kershaw knives are pretty decent but not quite what I'm looking for, They specialize in folders and such. I do however like the ripcord but its against the law for me to have it within my gov work areas so... it will not work.

You asked about perks with a folder . . . in some states, carrying a concealed fixed blade is a felony. Don't know about VA, but it may be something to look into. BTW, there have been a couple of recommendations for the Emerson CQC7 with the wave feature. I've carried two of them for several years and they're fine protective tools and deploy quickly. The knives are reserved exclusively for, ahh, interpersonal conflict resolution on the recommendation of my teacher. I carry a "Tinker" model Swiss Army Knife for routine chores.

lots of good recommendations. sad part is actually needing a defensive weapon on recruiting duty..

I just picked up a Cold Steel Lawman, heavy and great grip to it, 3.5" blade. Very happy with it after my Benchmade came up missing.

Mad dog Bug fighter. Only because it is the only one that fits the blade length. ATAK otherwise.

bugfighter_zpsa6b66b5d.jpg

look into the cold steel karambit styled knife..
the Dawson products are super cool looking and fine pieces..
cold steel also makes one of the karambit styled knives and has a matching grivory hard sharp plastic model identical to most knives they market.. not a practice knife, just lighter, metal free, and rust free.. no metal detector problems, cheap enough to stash around ..
dk