• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance action lengths for a .223

Jerry D

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2020
Canada
I tried searching but came up short.

Defiance has a ruckus that is available in a model 7 length action and I’d have a few questions

1- How much shorter is this action roughly compared to a rem 700 short action?
2- What cartridges would be ideal for this action length, .223rem? Any of the 6mmbrs?
3- does it work with m5 bottom metal and aics magazines? If not, what are people using?

Anything else I’m missing. If I don’t hear, I’ll be giving defiance a call when they open.

Defiance has a ruckus that is available in a model 7 length action and I’d have a few questions

2- What cartridges would be ideal for this action length, .223rem? Any of the 6mmbrs?
3- does it work with m5 bottom metal and aics magazines? If not, what are people using?

Anything else I’m missing. If I don’t hear, I’ll be giving defiance a call when they open.
1. About .600"

2. The action is available in a .223 specific version. If you get that version, you will need to use cartridges based on 223 size brass. It is also available in a version that uses the same magazines as a model 700 short action.

3. Look at the Badger Ordnance website for M7 trigger guards.

I am also looking into a Defiance action for a 223. No other reason than I like the 700 and have only good experiences with Defiance.

What did you end up getting? Are you happy with it?

Hey.

I ended up going with a standard short action. The model 7 is more of an ideal length for the .223 but then it’s not the standard rem 700 footprint.

The model 7 has a lot less aftermarket options for stocks, bottom metal, magazines triggers etc.

Standard 700 footprint offered a lot more versatility. I ordered a lone peak fuzion for this build to try something new. They aren’t that common here in Canada compared to defiance and impact

Reactions: forthehunt