• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance bought out

I can’t imagine they were losing money making the Tenacity if Aero Precision Solus action is at $899 with it being nitrided, 60 degree throw and integral pic rail. Time will tell, but if they were losing money on their basic action I guess who ever was doing finances wasn’t doing the best of job.
like most businesses; especially in manufacturing fixed costs are the killers

if your are banging nails etc, you can work "harder" and get more done for short periods of time

when manufacturing is heavily machine work center dependent, the production rate is the production rate...there is no "extra" unless you spend more on hours/men/increasing work hours.

and all things being equal from reviews and such, the Aero isnt as nice as a defiance.

nitriding is prob 30$ per action, it works well and it's pretty cheap which is why the industry uses it

usually, you get a certain charge for the process and then you pay by the pound of material

Reactions: lash
Is there anyone from Alamo Precision Rifles on here? I have noticed many of their builds use the defiance tenacity or antiX. I am curious if they still plan to use defiance actions.
I asked them about this last week on an IG Q&A. They said they'll continue to use Defiance if that's what the customer wants, but the price will reflect it. They do regularly build guns with the other big name actions and I imagine most of their builds from now on will be based on those.

Reactions: 300PRC and clark33
Well… they did fire the finance department….

I’m hoping we see dealers under msrp as soon as supply catches up
If Dealers get a 22% discount, how much less than MSRP do you think they should sell for?

Last edited:
If they are losing money making them not making them is better

Especially if that means they are turning out more profitable models at a higher rate.

Well of course, but we were talking about them making them and increasing pricing. Certainly the answer is not making them to focus efforts elsewhere.

I’m honestly curious how they are doing now. I can’t imagine they have sold any tenacities since all of this 😅

I went on their website after reading this. They have some ready to ship actions. Maybe they cleared up their backlog? I wonder why that is….haha

Reactions: RFutch
Their customer service is still good.

Ordered some spare parts for an action I have just in case. They got me taken care of pretty quick.

yellowstone-beck-brothers-2740350.jpeg

Any updates as to how Defiance is doing, as a company, after the price hikes went into effect?

I can only speak for me but I bought an action over the holiday sales and as a current owner of 2 defiance actions didn’t even consider them.

Reactions: Vortex1
Seem to be doing alright. Prices have been all over the board. The Classic action is in line price wise with other similar actions. I like Defiance and prefer them to others.

Bought some spare parts for my tenacity, customer service is still there.

I like Defiance actions. My favorite short one is the Deviant GA Hunter. I don't know if I will be buying another one at the current price.