• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance not accepting orders

Chasingpro

Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
Texas
Tried to get an order placed for a new action with defiance. They said they are not currently accepting new orders because they are backed up with existing orders. Moral of the story: I need an action made for 300 prc in a left hand configuration. Defiance is what was recommended, but looking for other options as well. I am building my first custom bolt gun.

Tried to get an order placed for a new action with defiance. They said they are not currently accepting new orders because they are backed up with existing orders. Moral of the story: I need an action made for 300 prc in a left hand configuration. Defiance is what was recommended, but looking for other options as well. I am building my first custom bolt gun.
Some of the actions they make are going to dealers for resale. You might check with their dealers and see what they have coming.

GAPs actions are renamed Defiance actions. Could go that route as well.

American Rifle company has long action lefty Nucleus, Archimedes and Mausingfield in stock. These are all a great alternative if you cant find a Defiance.
Is the recoil lug pinned on the archimedes or is it integral?

Do you know if they offer a mil discount? I tried calling but no answer.
That I don't know. I just bought a Wilson blank from them. They are nice guys. They also sell on gun broker.com. Leave a message. They should get back to you. I was in the same boat as you, looking for a defiance action. Took me a while. Bugholes, GA precision, redhawk rifles, and altus sell them to name a few. Altus definitely had them in stock the most, and from what I remember, if they put a date that the actions would be back in stock they were in stock.

Reactions: AccuSol-ERN
Travis @rbrosrifles uses a good deal of defiance actions, not sure he would sell just an action but i can vouch for his gunsmiths/build quality, maybe he can build your rifle?

So what you’re telling me, is now would be a good time to sell my Deviant long action single shot Magnum bolt face action?
😁
The last time I talk to them, was about a month ago. And at that time they were about 15 months out on custom order actions.

How many months out are they on actions?
I know nothing about their status. A friend of a friend built a new stick with it.

I actually met the owner at the class I took with Frank and Marc last month. He came to dinner with us all and was a real gentleman.

Reactions: Baron23
I know nothing about their status. A friend of a friend built a new stick with it.

I actually met the owner at the class I took with Frank and Marc last month. He came to dinner with us all and was a real gentleman.
Yes, he's a great guy.
I've talked to him on the phone, but at least Defiance is/ was giving real world time lines on their actions being completed.

Lone Peak hands down ;)

Call Kelbly's and speak Ryan or Ian.

I have an equal number of Defiance in various configurations as well as Kelbly Atlas and Atlas Tactical.