• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DeFontcuberta Sniper by McRee and Wyatt

cybersniper

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2006
Spain
www.cybersniper.com
I wanted a 338LM built to a very precise set of specs and none of the rifles on the market suited them .. so i contacted what i think are the best customizers on the market, involved them on my proyect and built my dream rifle.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">DeFontcuberta Sniper</span></span>
Stiller Tac338 action
Scott McRees modular folding stock
Pac-Nor 29" , 1:9,8, flutted barrel with Wyatt´s muzzle brake
Wyatt customs extended magazine for longer than max-AOL rounds
US Optics SN3-T PAL, 5-25x58 with iluminated Mil MPR reticle
Versapod new autostable bipod (as soon as available)
Aimpoint Micro emergency sight inside cheekpiece
Duracoat desert finish

I could not think of a configuration any better.
the only thing I would have changed was a Krieger barrel, but Krieger could not deliver on time.
Also the total cost (no scope) is under $4000 so you are UNDER most top factory rifles

I hope you like it
the first three shot went though the same hole....(after the fouling shot)

Eduardo

Re: DeFontcuberta Sniper by McRee and Wyatt

DSC06943.jpg

Cyber:

Very nice specs on that build.

You mind giving lil more detail as to what the maximum length round you can run it that magazine?

Also care to show how you have the backup sights in the cheek piece?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cyber:

You mind giving lil more detail as to what the maximum length round you can run it that magazine?

Thanks </div></div>

I dont have the rifle anymore, it is being exported now and as soon as I have it I will post the pics.
I think it is 4,070" but I dont know the precise max lenght round on the magazine, but will ask Kevin and post it too.
Ed

Cyber,

I really interested in seeing how the aimpoint is attached in the cheek rest.

Did you have McRees put a baby rail on the inside of cheekpiece so you could attach sight to it or do you have something else?

Thanks

I just received a message from kevin, the magazine is 3,800" long

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cybersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cyber:

Thanks </div></div>

I dont have the rifle anymore, it is being exported now and as soon as I have it I will post the pics.
I think it is 4,070" but I dont know the precise max lenght round on the magazine, but will ask Kevin and post it too.
Ed </div></div>

Very slick setup.. I'm also interested in the Aimpoint mounting setup... I know Scott does some "Interesting" things but I'm very anxious to see that...

very nice.

Would be inteedted to see the Aimpoint.

I am also concerned that the Aluminum stock would be too hot to deal with in our Las Vegas summers.

Scott makes awesome stuff, but the aimpoint thing was a baby of mine, and he has not even seen it. as soon as I get the rifle again i will take some pics and post them.

Having an aimpoint micro as emergency sight was an idea I had after shooting 900m human silhoutettes with a CompM4+3Xmag at the Live fire days in Sweden.
Its an eye opener and showed that with a proper cero ,thought as a "do it all thing", you can actually shoot with some confidence maybe up to 500m. Maybe a litte more.

I hope to get the rifle soon.

Eduardo<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very slick setup.. I'm also interested in the Aimpoint mounting setup... I know Scott does some "Interesting" things but I'm very anxious to see that... </div></div>

Eduardo, so how is it shooting??