• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defund the police? Ok, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On terms of budget, NYPD would just be just shy of top ten Nato militaries and those have armies, navies, airforces. So it's definitely overbloated .
Ither Jewtropolis is a war zone or they are burning the money in some pit.

Then there is the problem that cops steal more than the perps trough civil forfeiture programs.

Of course, the police is the tip of the issue, legislature is making laws that give these outcomes, much of it is tailored to fuck the have nots over, particularly the drug war is full of BS . like crack threshold used to be 5g for minimum 5y in federal prison while coke snorter needed to be caught with 500g for same. Ratio droped from 100:1 to 18:1 but still ways to go to be 1:1

There are over 17,000 state and local law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Are you really telling me that 17,000+ agencies is absolutely necessary and there isn't any room for consolidation? The department of education and the EPA have SWAT units. Really? The FBI can't serve the role of enforcing federal laws?

The NYPD has an operating budget of almost $11 Billion. While privately funded, the NYPD operates in 12 different countries conducting counter terrorism operations. Isn't that what FBI, CIA, NSA, and really just the DNI are for? Is there no room for cost reductions in an $11 Billion budget. I saw last night that there are 27 cops posted on the BLM mural out in front of Trump Tower. Really? That's the best way to use resources, there is NO room for streamlining the $11 billion budget?
I think those are solid questions that all the mouthbreathers in this thread have ignored. Yes. There is PLENTY of room to cut waste in LE spending. You highlighted two of the most obvious ones.

And from a 2A prospective, I've really been struggling with the idea of the "back the blue" movement. I like many 2A supporters think that the 2A is there for self defense as well as to protect against a tyrannical government. IMO, what's going on right now is pretty tyrannical. The couple in St. Louis MO that defended their homes from protesters using firearms, have since had their firearms confiscated and are facing felony charges. They defended their home against a mob of people, blatantly breaking the law after they called the cops with no response. Supposedly the cops were told to stand down. They were their own last defense and they chose to use a show of force to keep themselves safe. The local government has chosen to not prosecute any of the trespassing protesters who caused property damage, but instead prosecute the couple defending themselves. That seems pretty tyrannical to me.
Your sights, either literally or metaphorically, need to be on this affirmative action hire
1595508852191.png

Your sights, either literally or metaphorically, need to be on this affirmative action hire
View attachment 7381476
I agree that she is the root of the problem, but unfortunately the boots on the ground are the cops in her local jurisdiction that are tasked with executing the her will. She really only has to tell people what to do and her little soldiers have to obey. Case in point, the couple that had their guns taken.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I agree that she is the root of the problem, but unfortunately the boots on the ground are the cops in her local jurisdiction that are tasked with executing the her will. She really only has to tell people what to do and her little soldiers have to obey. Case in point, the couple that had their guns taken.
Like most people, you don't think big enough

Forget the soldiers. Take out the generals.

Reactions: tomcatfan
Posted in another thread, but all the "good" folks should really give a good long read of this very well written article:

There are some very good points she makes in that article that I think need to be discussed.

2A is a “break glass in case of emergency” issue. Unless you want to take care of all the neighborhood problems, or worse trust your neighbor Bob to, I’d recommend keeping the police funded.
I agree with the addition of removing from office any police willing to enforce gun control laws on the grounds that they are violating the Constitution, and by proxy their oaths of office.

I think the best thing we can actually do is to mandate NO more future retirement packages for the police AT ALL.

Instead, each year the departments / city MUST pay out the amount agreed upon in their contract to their own self managed IRA / SEP-IRA / Roth / whatever.
A fund that can only be touched by the specific person who is the beneficiary and is managed solely by them at their sole discretion with no restrictions other than federal tax laws that apply to an average investor in the same type of retirement account.

All existing retirement benefits accrued must be paid out at an agreed upon current value rate to private accounts so the accounts are caught up.

THAT right there will be a huge step in making sure the politicians can't hold the police hostage by their retirement accounts.

Yes the unions will scream and yell that they think they will get some exorbitant amount later on under the current scheme.... good luck with that, you think the Communists plan to pay the police they hate all this overblown stuff???

Pension liabilities are typically the key driving factor behind bankruptcies of cities, counties and other government agencies yet the plans continue to persisit. I agree a defined contribution plan would be better for the cities and the taxpayers who fund them as the benefit obligation would be met in its entireity at the end of each fiscal year. It dosen't have to reduce the amount contributed to the employees benefits at all, but the obligation would be met each and every year and not rear its ugly head years later resulting in taxpayer funded bailouts of cities and counties.

I've asked many city council members, county supervisors, and state / federal elected leaders if they know the difference between a Defined Contribution plan and a Defined Benefit plan and, sadly, most don't even understand the difference.

Posted in another thread, but all the "good" folks should really give a good long read of this very well written article:

There are some very good points she makes in that article that I think need to be discussed.
Great article and most all of it is true about what is going on today, we can discuss this here all day long and I think we should, but how do we get people that are clueless or just don't give a damm or want to turn our country into a hell hole finally truly see what is coming if this does not stop. We have no true rule of law anymore, the blm antifa communists do what ever they see fit with no consequence, anyone trying to defend against this is charged with crimes and thrown in jail, never thought I would see anything like this in my lifetime. How does this end? I don't know besides something really ugly, I do agree the police need reform but to just defund I don't think is the answer unless it starts at the top and the chances of that happening are pretty slim. The cop's just trying to enforce the true rule of law are being thrown under the bus by the scum at the top. I really hope there are enough right minded people that are willing to stand up against this to make a difference but right now the inmates are being allowed to run the asylum.

Heck of an article. Incredibly damning, or damned incredible?

Reactions: MJF and W54/XM-388
i am a firm supporter of law enforcement, but if they can kill daniel shaver and not be punished, the system is broken.
unlike floyd, shaver was not a criminal on drugs, but where was the outrage?
white lives don't matter.

What she's basically saying is that the sooner we go hot, the better.

The first moves will have to be covert. No question about that.

" So the message is loud and clear. When push comes to bloody shove in end-stage America, under the rule of the anarcho-tyrants, we, the law-abiding, are the enemy. Those in uniform sworn to protect and serve will turn their backs on us because their bosses don't answer to the public. They protect and serve the mob. "

pretty much this, but i wouldn't go as far as to say they do so willingly.

i wouldn't go as far as to say they do so willingly.
Come on, do you realize how stupid that sounds?

They're free to walk the fuck away. Even in the military you're free to disobey unlawful orders. It just takes a good set of cojones to do the right thing.

Come on, do you realize how stupid that sounds?

They're free to walk the fuck away. Even in the military you're free to disobey unlawful orders. It just takes a good set of cojones to do the right thing.
right, but there are consequences, and many have families to feed like we do.
i'm not saying it is right, but since i cannot put myself in that position and walk off, i am not sure i can judge them. certainly not all of them.

And there's the problem. People that are too cowardly to stand up for what's right in this country. Cowardly standing behind their family... using their wife and kids to Shield them.

Here's the way you should think. You can die with your boots on fighting for this great country or you can die bent over spreading your cheeks on your knees take your pick

Reactions: 308pirate
i am not sure i can judge them. certainly not all of them.
I can. They are in a position of great power and with that comes an exceptional amount of responsibility or trust.

They can walk away or they can rue the day they run into someone who will cash their check.

And there's the problem. People that are too cowardly to stand up for what's right in this country. Cowardly standing behind their family... using their wife and kids to Shield them.

Here's the way you should think. You can die with your boots on fighting for this great country or you can die bent over spreading your cheeks on your knees take your pick
i don't disagree, but neither can i accuse one officer of not being a patriot and standing alone against the mob.
while i join others in their disappointment, i don't think they have been tested enough to show their true colors.
hundreds or thousands have left LEOs all over the country for lack of support. i am not sure that is going to help.
the ones leaving are the ones not willing to be armed sheep.

I can. They are in a position of great power and with that comes an exceptional amount of responsibility or trust.

They can walk away or they can rue the day they run into someone who will cash their check.
i think the are rueing already. i have never seen such open animosity shown with the blessings of liberals and the media.
in some respects, they are paying for not walking off the job in seattle, portland the elsewhere long ago.

i don't disagree, but neither can i accuse one officer of not being a patriot and standing alone against the mob.
while i join others in their disappointment, i don't think they have been tested enough to show their true colors.
hundreds or thousands have left LEOs all over the country for lack of support. i am not sure that is going to help.
the ones leaving are the ones not willing to be armed sheep.

I don't mean to sound like im judge harshly, I understand exactly where you're coming from. The problem is our kindness/passiveness is been used against us. Who I really feel sorry for are they actual really good peace officers. It's unfortunate that they will be lumped into the rest when the Reckoning comes. The good news is they will have a choice

I don't mean to sound like im judge harshly, I understand exactly where you're coming from. The problem is our kindness/passiveness is been used against us. Who I really feel sorry for are they actual really good peace officers. It's unfortunate that they will be lumped into the rest when the Reckoning comes. The good news is they will have a choice
when you have 80% glued to fake news and pervasive media, owned and controlled by you know who (and it ain't white people)...
this old man gets it.

when you have 80% glued to fake news and pervasive media, owned and controlled by you know who (and it ain't white people)...
this old man gets it.

That is a great media clip, he says in a very erudite way what many others have been saying with less finesse.

All part of the game.
Get the violent tards to break shit knowing they'll draw police.
Scream like a bitch when the cops give what's earned.
Have video for CNN to replay till the next vid.

Crazed/tarded elected officials implement tarded polices to put
cops in shitty situations with Joe Q public.
Tasked with enforcing questionable policies.
Joe Q gets bent and loses faith in the popo.

Uncle sugar comes to the rescue with a "Fed Police force".
Just like they've tried to push since Obozo was in office.

Game, set, match

R

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
It’s a sad day when this debate is being had in a place where most if not all of the users are not involved in crime...but...I fully appreciate why...

First im not hiding the fact that I’m a Cop...and worse one of those “evil” swat guys.

In my humble opinion...The liberal is using law enforcement to go after the libertarian.

The further we go left and pass laws that place law enforcement in the dubious position of choosing between their retirement and unconstitutional laws....the more this debate will take place or worse.

Just know that most of us are going to walk away if it comes down to a gun grab etc instead of arresting those who use firearms in actual crimes.

The further we go left and pass laws that place law enforcement in the dubious position of choosing between their retirement and unconstitutional laws....the more this debate will take place or worse.

Just know that most of us are going to walk away if it comes down to a gun grab etc instead of arresting those who use firearms in actual crimes.
This point is why I started the discussion. I hope you’re right that most will walk away. But considering history, it doesn’t look promising.

It’s a sad day when this debate is being had in a place where most if not all of the users are not involved in crime...but...I fully appreciate why...

First im not hiding the fact that I’m a Cop...and worse one of those “evil” swat guys.

In my humble opinion...The liberal is using law enforcement to go after the libertarian.

I hope you are right. The way it looks as of now, I bet it wouldn’t be most of you guys unfortunately. Once the police are coming for our guns, its almost too damn late by then. I hope law enforcement makes a stand NOW! The institution is losing folks like me everyday. I’m not lost on you guys as of yet as I appreciate the good work that is done. I still have your back, but am way more cautious than I have ever been. My local police chief will enforce law regardless of what that law may be. Its sad.

I hope you guys are having conversations and not leaving the inevitable unsaid.

I hope you are right. The way it looks as of now, I bet it wouldn’t be most of you guys unfortunately. Once the police are coming for our guns, its almost too damn late by then. I hope law enforcement makes a stand NOW! The institution is losing folks like me everyday. I’m not lost on you guys as of yet. I still have your back, but am way more cautious than I have ever been.

I hope you guys are having conversations and not leaving the inevitable unsaid.

We have the discussion quite often.

Its not hard to be against laws (gun laws) that would turn me and most of my coworkers into criminals.

I’m hoping America will pull out of this turn left.

My state is on a hard left turn.

Good for me I’m almost done anyway and I’m in a place where real crime dominates the efforts.

The bad is we are losing the only group of people that still support us....I want criminals to hate us...I don’t want good Americans to turn on a group that at its core believes in the same things they do...

Law enforcement throughout the nation already enforces gun confiscation. In Oregon we have statewide Red Flag laws, where hearsay evidence can be used to send a SWAT team to my door to take away my means of self defense, and a trial will be held to deal with me - in which I am not permitted to attend.

Police in most major cities already enforce gun confiscation under hundreds of laws, 'taking guns out of criminals hands'.

I am personally responsible for myself, my family, and my community. I feel that there is more danger to us from police doing their jobs than from Antifa/BLM at this time, because Antifa isn't walking down my street yet, but police are driving through every day, and it just takes one coincidence for my entire life to be destroyed and family left almost defenseless. I drive through Portland multiple times a week, with a plate carrier and a rifle with me. I have both a national- and state-constitutional right protecting these things, yet it is publicly known that Portland PD seizes firearms and arrests people for open carrying, though I don't believe they press charges. And now they're told to sit on their hands while rioters that have been growing in numbers are left free to do their thing in downtown.

What a world we live in.

We have the discussion quite often.

Its not hard to be against laws (gun laws) that would turn me and most of my coworkers into criminals.

I’m hoping America will pull out of this turn left.

My state is on a hard left turn.

Good for me I’m almost done anyway and I’m in a place where real crime dominates the efforts.

The bad is we are losing the only group of people that still support us....I want criminals to hate us...I don’t want good Americans to turn on a group that at its core believes in the same things they do...
I hear where you're coming from man. I appreciate that you guys are having these conversations. It's ridiculous that they're necessary, but it's important to have them.

But how are things going to go when you're told by the Chief, Commissioner or Union or City that if you don't do what they tell you they're going to terminate your retirement and your employment? It can't be easy to pass up a lifetime pension when you're 23 years into a 25 year term.

I think non-enforcement of bad laws isn't enough at a certain point. There has to be removal of leadership and willing participants.

Reactions: jdemp
Law enforcement throughout the nation already enforces gun confiscation. In Oregon we have statewide Red Flag laws, where hearsay evidence can be used to send a SWAT team to my door to take away my means of self defense, and a trial will be held to deal with me - in which I am not permitted to attend.

Police in most major cities already enforce gun confiscation under hundreds of laws, 'taking guns out of criminals hands'.

I am personally responsible for myself, my family, and my community. I feel that there is more danger to us from police doing their jobs than from Antifa/BLM at this time, because Antifa isn't walking down my street yet, but police are driving through every day, and it just takes one coincidence for my entire life to be destroyed and family left almost defenseless. I drive through Portland multiple times a week, with a plate carrier and a rifle with me. I have both a national- and state-constitutional right protecting these things, yet it is publicly known that Portland PD seizes firearms and arrests people for open carrying, though I don't believe they press charges. And now they're told to sit on their hands while rioters that have been growing in numbers are left free to do their thing in downtown.

What a world we live in.

It’s unfortunate that is gotten that bad in some places.

I’ve been watching Portland and it pisses me off.

Being told to stand down on riots destroying lives and property and at the same time being told that guns are the issue...

I cannot defend them...but know most of us stand with you...I too am worried that one day I will not have the right to protect my family...

First I want to say thank you for your service and what you do, my wife and I have both always been staunch supporters of law enforcement and the military, I hope you are right when you say most will walk away rather than enforcing stupid laws passed by some left communist politician. I am lucky enough to live in an area where our County Sheriff will not go along with any of this stupidity, It's a sad state of affairs when LE is not allowed to do the job you were hired and trained to do and have to bow to a group of crybaby leftists. I do think good cop's like yourself do still have support of the majority of law abiding people, somehow we have to convince more people of the fact that this nonsense has to end and to let criminals just run amok without consequence is going to get really ugly if this continues the course it's on.

It’s unfortunate that is gotten that bad in some places.

I’ve been watching Portland and it pisses me off.

Being told to stand down on riots destroying lives and property and at the same time being told that guns are the issue...

I cannot defend them...but know most of us stand with you...I too am worried that one day I will not have the right to protect my family...
That’s really nice to hear..the things you’re saying sir. I hope you and your ilk also know that likewise, most of us still support y’all good LEO’s.
Unfortunately, how much will it matter if y’all take a stand, when they can just replace you with a jackboot that’s will carry out whatever unconstitutional orders the commies want em to?

That’s really nice to hear..the things you’re saying sir. I hope you and your ilk also know that likewise, most of us still support y’all good LEO’s.
Unfortunately, how much will it matter if y’all take a stand, when they can just replace you with a jackboot that’s will carry out whatever unconstitutional orders the commies want em to?

I hope that law enforcement executives will listen to their troops on this.

It will be easier in Sheriffs offices and smaller police departments, unfortunately the places where the left controls are mostly large urban police departments.

Groups like the FOP and PBA need to make public statements.

It is a step in the right direction that these groups are endorsing trump this cycle.

This conversation has made me motivated to get with my FOP and PBA.

@jdemp if no one else does, we can take the walk together. Luckily my place isnt dealing with some of these issues (yet).

Still got a few years before I reach my 80, but I'm in a pretty good spot to pivot into a different role if it comes to it.

But the truth is, we talk about it often as well and I've not encountered a single person in my house that would be crazy or criminal enough to start doing that type of door to door Russian roulette. In fact, I wish I could figure out a way to arm every law abiding citizen, as I've seen up close many times just how cruel and violent this world can be.

The old adage "when seconds count, law enforcement is only minutes away" couldn't be more true. In almost 2 decades I can count on less than 2 hands the number of times I've actually been right on top of a violent crime. As much as we'd like to be, cant be everywhere at once.

This coming from another "evil" SWAT (albeit wa wa waterboy) guy.

Reactions: OldSalty
I just want to say thank you for your service to all law enforcement, I think the way things are today this is more important than anytime in our history. I was taught to have respect for my elders and people who maybe I did not agree with including the cop's. I don't want the good people in blue to walk away, what will we be left with if that happens. You need to know that most law abiding people appreciate what you do and have your back, don't know what we the law abiding can do besides be more vocal and show our support and be more vocal and show the morons running this shit show that we will do everything possible to run you out on a rail. I grew up in a small town the biggest town within 200 miles was 20000 when I was a kid we called the local cop's the feared blue, not because we thought we would be beaten up but because we knew if we did something stupid there would be consequences, and dad and mom would not be happy if they had to come and pick us up at the police station. The most feared blue were the state'rs you did not want to be pulled over by the state patrol they did not put up with any BS. Local cops knew us and knew the ones that were being young and dumb doing what kids do and the scumbags that were heading down the wrong road. Well enough of this rambling about my youth I hope I have grown into a good god fearing respectable person. Damm I wish times were like they were in my youth people just seemed to have more respect, kids feared but respected the cops, most kids today have no respect for anything it's gimme gimme gimme, and don't want to work for what they want and make a better life.

@jdemp if no one else does, we can take the walk together. Luckily my place isnt dealing with some of these issues (yet).

Still got a few years before I reach my 80, but I'm in a pretty good spot to pivot into a different role if it comes to it.

But the truth is, we talk about it often as well and I've not encountered a single person in my house that would be crazy or criminal enough to start doing that type of door to door Russian roulette. In fact, I wish I could figure out a way to arm every law abiding citizen, as I've seen up close many times just how cruel and violent this world can be.

The old adage "when seconds count, law enforcement is only minutes away" couldn't be more true. In almost 2 decades I can count on less than 2 hands the number of times I've actually been right on top of a violent crime. As much as we'd like to be, cant be everywhere at once.

This coming from another "evil" SWAT (albeit wa wa waterboy) guy.

I need to move on to a happier topic...and I’m gonna hit the road on my Harley...but...

Believe it or not one of my buddies met with a VA state senator today on this very topic. I had no idea...

He’s in law enforcement and like me is upset with our state and the direction it’s gonna take us.

He’s fighting the good fight, I told him we should start a police political action committee.

He sent me a link for a committee that looks promising.

Here it is (I don’t know much about it as I just received it) but they cover exactly what we are taking about here.

Last edited:
There's a reason why all of the gun control laws carve out an exemption for LEO and a few other special classes of animals.

There's a reason why all of the gun control laws carve out an exemption for LEO and a few other special classes of animals.

I suggest you research the laws yourself.

There is little or no exemptions for anyone’s personal weapons.

Yes much like a Marine a Leo can carry an issued weapon that may be class 3 or otherwise banned...but the proposed bans in my state (and elsewhere) do not allow anyone the ability to possess personal weapons that will be banned.

Also at some point everyone is a private citizen...

Here is what was proposed in my state (didn’t pass this time thank god)...have a read...not much for us “animals”.

...it does say I can keep high cap mags from my department upon retiring...but since they put serial numbers on them I’m guessing they will ask for them back. That’s a joke the don’t let you keep anything it’s all tracked.

As this law under “assault” firearms reads I get the privilege of keeping my revolvers and shotguns (unless they are threaded barrel)...just like everyone else.

Where's that field of fucks?
I really don't have any to give. And I really don't care to spend the time to dig into whether you and your buds are going to get special treatment.
Possibly I goofed when I stated an absolute but again.... I really don't give a fuck that you will have to abide by the same rules that you will enforce. How funny it's going to be when your buds kick down your doors looking for shit.

Where's that field of fucks?
I really don't have any to give. And I really don't care to spend the time to dig into whether you and your buds are going to get special treatment.
Possibly I goofed when I stated an absolute but again.... I really don't give a fuck that you will have to abide by the same rules that you will enforce. How funny it's going to be when your buds kick down your doors looking for shit.

Exactly my point thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.