• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delays from Ultimatum Precision?

darth_ritis

money hater
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    Is anyone else experiencing delays? Is it normal for them to go weeks and weeks beyond their stated lead time? Has anyone recently received their action and could give me a hint on the actual lead time? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm getting to that "WTF!?" stage.

It seems like everything I’ve ordered recently is taking weeks longer. (no names mentioned) I called before ordering and was told a few days so I paid and waited patiently. Nearly 6 weeks later I get the email letting me know it was on the way. Once you pay it seems like you’re stuck with the COVID-19 delay excuse. To bad amazon doesn’t have it because it would be at your door the next day.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
    I don’t know, everything I’ve been ordering gun parts wise lately has been shipping reasonably fast.
    I’ve had the defacto on order since feb 2nd, but I’ve already got a chassis ready to go for it. The wait is killing me, especially with the no updates.

Reactions: jcmullis2
    I ordered a deadline in 30-06 that took months to arrive, I was told it was customs, not Covid-19 , I was tempted to order a defacto as well, but I am hesitant with the wait

I ordered a deadline in 30-06 that took months to arrive, I was told it was customs, not Covid-19 , I was tempted to order a defacto as well, but I am hesitant with the wait
    I can understand and accept delays after they ship, customs delays are not uncommon and package carriers are getting crushed right now. I just wish they'd ship! I need to learn meditation or something. :)

Reactions: acudaowner
    It took about 2 weeks to have them ship out my deadline. I think covid has taken a toll on the release of the duece and the defacto. I was going to order a duece but ended up running out of funds for now. We will see once they release them. I know that shipping from Canada has been horrible. Took me 3 weeks to have my trigger tech 2 stage to get threw customs.

It took about 2 weeks to have them ship out my deadline. I think covid has taken a toll on the release of the duece and the defacto. I was going to order a duece but ended up running out of funds for now. We will see once they release them. I know that shipping from Canada has been horrible. Took me 3 weeks to have my trigger tech 2 stage to get threw customs.
    All this isn’t giving me the warm fuzzies, I was going to swap out my trigger tech from the defacto... seems like everything is just wrapped up in time going across the border

All the stuff I have ordered lately has been delayed....supply chain issues in many places. I wish places would just be up front about it.

VooDoo

Now at ten weeks, still no response. Tempted to cancel the order, but there are very few left-hand bolt, short throw, AW mag compatible, Savage pre-fit threaded action options to go to.

Very disappointed. Delays are reasonable, ghosting your customers is not.

• Angry
    Reactions: JeffLebowski
    I unfortunately had to bail, was told they would start delivery in September hopefully. Gotta get my .223 up and running and couldn’t hold off

Currently have deadline ordered, contacted them yesterday said the hold up was ATF approval to ship receivers state side.

have you tried calling them? everytime i call and check on my stuff derek picks up and lets me know what's going on. they've never been great at getting orders out timely buy at least then pick up the phone when i call

Industry standard is weeks to months to years beyond the standard quote of, “two weeks”. You new?

I just got some parts from them a couple days ago. They were pretty responsive to all the questions I've asked them over the years. I have been using the original deadline for almost 3 years now. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the product and service.

I was told 6 weeks.
    It was shipped 3 days ago and if it shows up as expected tomorrow itll be the 6th week.
    I also live in BC too.
    So no shipping delays at the border.

I’ve been checking their site to see if they bump the date for the DeFacto. Still saying end of July. We’re there. Hoping for an email asking for the other half vibe of these days.

Anyone play with a deadline that can give me feedback? Do you have to push the bolt forward and down to get the bolt to seat the round?

Anyone play with a deadline that can give me feedback? Do you have to push the bolt forward and down to get the bolt to seat the round?

The Deadline is a great action...Strong and fast. Will all push-feed actions, you'll need to push the bolt frward and down to seat the round.

It's definitely frustrating, I don't know how they can figure they should be ready to ship at the end of one month and then, then have to push it back a month,again and again. Iam getting tired of waiting until the end of the month only for them to delay another month, I pretty sure mid moth they know if they will be able to start sending them out. Unless they are all ready to go except they are awaiting a delivery of a push pin or something that is held up in transit...

Man, if y'all think a global freak out about some virus is bad at causing delays, then adding shipping across borders involving 2 governments playing nice maybe you should wait for a suppressor. At least with the suppressor the can is at the dealer for the whole 6-12 months with you having no idea if / when you get to take it home :LOL:

Jokes aside, I ordered something on the 28th and it shipped same day. Now it's up to Canadian Post :oops:

Why not just buy something that's sitting on a shelf here in the US? Plenty of top quality actions ready to ship, that are arguably better then Ultimatum.

Reactions: Stoweit
    The Deadline is a great action...Strong and fast. Will all push-feed actions, you'll need to push the bolt frward and down to seat the round.
    I'll second that. I have a Deadline and I love it. I think you mean to ask; "Is the force required to push the bolt forward and down to seat the round excessive/unreasonable ?". From my experience, not at all. It chambers rounds as easily as my Bighorn TL-2's.

I understand and respect the fact that others have had, or are having difficulties with Ultimatum. My experience has been different. It's been 100 % positive, from the standpoint of ordering, communication, delivery, quality and performance. I don't like the trigger hangar (I don't like trigger hangars in general), but it's a necessary evil on a 3 lug, larger diameter bolt. I can't ding Ultimatum on that. So, I have nothing to bitch about, it's all been good.

I will probably pick up a defacto down the road after they have been in production. Communication with them has been excellent whenever I contacted them for questions

I’ve been checking their site to see if they bump the date for the DeFacto. Still saying end of July. We’re there. Hoping for an email asking for the other half vibe of these days.
    Talked to ultimatum a week ago and he made it sound like end of July wasn't going to be happening either unfortunately.

I'll second that. I have a Deadline and I love it. I think you mean to ask; "Is the force required to push the bolt forward and down to seat the round excessive/unreasonable ?". From my experience, not at all. It chambers rounds as easily as my Bighorn TL-2's.

I understand and respect the fact that others have had, or are having difficulties with Ultimatum. My experience has been different. It's been 100 % positive, from the standpoint of ordering, communication, delivery, quality and performance. I don't like the trigger hangar (I don't like trigger hangars in general), but it's a necessary evil on a 3 lug, larger diameter bolt. I can't ding Ultimatum on that. So, I have nothing to bitch about, it's all been good.
    Just picked up a deadline ultimatum and while it feels well built, I'm not as in love as I thought I would be. I find the bolt lift is really nice, but the bolt binds pretty easily when cycling and has a fair amount of force to cock on close. Wondering if it is a one off thing, or if that is the general feel of the deadline.

Just picked up a deadline ultimatum and while it feels well built, I'm not as in love as I thought I would be. I find the bolt lift is really nice, but the bolt binds pretty easily when cycling and has a fair amount of force to cock on close. Wondering if it is a one off thing, or if that is the general feel of the deadline.

From all reviews I've seen and read, the heavy cock on close sounds normal. Haven't heard much about binding.

That's how I felt when I played with one at a match. Cool features though.

From all reviews I've seen and read, the heavy cock on close sounds normal. Haven't heard much about binding.
    I haven't handled too many of the popular custom actions. Was thinking about selling my borden before to try either a bighorn or deadline and am happy I still have the Borden now. Overall I think I will be happy with my Deadline, but it doesn't cycle near as smooth as the Tikka, Sako 85, or Borden Timberline. Shoots great though.

A quick update on the deadline binding. I figured it could be stress induced by the action screws being a little too tight. I had the action torqued to 65 in/lbs in an MPA BA competition chassis based on the chassis specifications. However, other manufacturers (like MDT) recommend running a lower torque specification for the deadline action. I lowered the torque on both the front and rear action screws to 55 in/lbs and the binding improved considerably. I'm going to try a couple other things to try smooth the action out, but the overall feel is a lot better. The cock on close is something I'm sure I will get used to after more range time.

Reactions: kthomas
    Plan on mounting the action in ACC MDT specific for the deadline action, should eliminate some of those issues.

Plan on mounting the action in ACC MDT specific for the deadline action, should eliminate some of those issues.
    Possibly. You will want to confirm the torque specs for the ACC with MDT, even with the Deadline inlet. I think they may still recommend a lower torque spec and the inletting makes it drop in ready.

A quick update on the deadline binding. I figured it could be stress induced by the action screws being a little too tight. I had the action torqued to 65 in/lbs in an MPA BA competition chassis based on the chassis specifications. However, other manufacturers (like MDT) recommend running a lower torque specification for the deadline action. I lowered the torque on both the front and rear action screws to 55 in/lbs and the binding improved considerably. I'm going to try a couple other things to try smooth the action out, but the overall feel is a lot better. The cock on close is something I'm sure I will get used to after more range time.
    Not sure if bedding is an option, but I run mine in a grayboe ridgeback bedded at full torque and get no compromise binding and full accuracy

I skim bedded my long action and no problems with binding. Just needs a little under the rear tang. Had the same issues until I did that. Very smooth. I also have a gen 2 nucleus and granted it's brand new with less than 50 rds through it the DL is smoother. Sure that will change though with some break in.

Spoke with Derek from Ultimatum today about the Defatco. He said they are doing final tweaking, then they will move onto to production...so 1.5-2 more months.

Last edited:
    good things come to those with patience , patience is a virtue its not supposed to be easy it sucks meditate you can do it grass hopper .

good luck and I hope your wait is quick and well worth it .

• Haha
    Reactions: Fig and Chargerguy
    Got a response today. It's gonna be another two weeks for the action to finish inspection and nitriding. They are still c@$k-blocked by the ATF waiting for a new export permit, expecting it "any day now", so that could add to the time frame.

Very happy to have some news, the rest of this project is getting dusty.

Almost five weeks later, no further news. I assume my action is done and the ATF is the problem now. I will contact Ultimatum again.

If anyone in the US has received anything from Ultimatum since August 5th, please comment.

on a replacement action
    Just to clarify, a replacement action from Ultimatum, or another company?
    Messaged Ultimatum again and they will supposedly be in full production by the end of September.

from ultimatum. my 7 sherman short mag has destroyed 2 of their actions so far but they think they have it figured out now. not even running pressure on them