• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Delta Javelin 4.5-30x56 FFP SMR reticle

Nick German

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2020
Hi Guys,
I saw a new ffp rifle scope from Delta Optical.

It's called Javelin and it's a 4.5-30x56 rifle scope and seems very interesting. What do you think of that reticle?
So far, I don't know anyone who has been able to test it because it is probably still too new. If anyone can get their hands on it, I would appreciate first impressions.

I like the reticle!

1600363555283.png

Reactions: acudaowner
In South Africa it’s about $800 less than the Stryker 4.5-30. If I hadn’t bought the Stryker already I would have taken a long hard look at the Javelin. I’m very happy with the Stryker though.

Reticle looks great.
I was just about to buy a Stryker might have to ask my dealer for information about this scope.

On paper I like the reticle a little more than the LRD-1T but can't say I like the .1 hashes being between at 2mil and 4mil, seems kinda distracting and unnecessary. Maybe Scandinavian shooters have a purpose for it and need it so close to the centre?

The FOV, weight and length are all very similar to the Stryker.
Seems like the Stryker will have better glass and the nicer tool less zero turrets, the price difference is only $160 (pricing from Edgunwest) which seems so close you may as well just buy the Stryker?

I'm sure time will tell.

On paper I like the reticle a little more than the LRD-1T but can't say I like the .1 hashes being between at 2mil and 4mil, seems kinda distracting and unnecessary. Maybe Scandinavian shooters have a purpose for it and need it so close to the centre?

The FOV, weight and length are all very similar to the Stryker.
Seems like the Stryker will have better glass and the nicer tool less zero turrets, the price difference is only $160 (pricing from Edgunwest) which seems so close you may as well just buy the Stryker?

I'm sure time will tell.

Most of us scandinavian longrange shooters compete in "Field shooting" wich has all targets of known sizes set at unknown distance. So you have to mil each target before you can start shooting. A reticle with 0.1 hashes is a great tool for precise measurements. Having them closer to center instead of Vortex designs where they have fine measurements at 4 mil makes a big difference.

For the shooters that spend some money on top shelf scopes, you will see a lot of them picking the MSR reticle. It is very popular around here.
But Delta has some really good reticles going, as do Minox. At least if Field shooting is your dicipline.

I have been running the Delta Stryker with the DLR1 reticle on my TRG22 since May and I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Very tempted by the javelin, keen to know if there is comparison chart that shows differences between the models. The price difference in Australia is about $800 so there is massive saving from the Stryker, would be keen to know what you’re giving up between the two.

Hi Guys,
I saw a new ffp rifle scope from Delta Optical.

It's called Javelin and it's a 4.5-30x56 rifle scope and seems very interesting. What do you think of that reticle?
So far, I don't know anyone who has been able to test it because it is probably still too new. If anyone can get their hands on it, I would appreciate first impressions.
We have these on hand in the US. Once in hand I recognized the Javelins as rebranded Athlon ETRs, but with many upgrades - Free Sunshade, Aluminum Lens Caps, Both Turrets lock, Zoom Extension Lever included and just the center + Illuminated. Two reticle choices, a Mil hash and a Tree style.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Only issue i have with pre 2020 Delta Stryker HD and seems to be the case with Javelin as well is the parallax has lots of adjustment to 300 and then next to nothing to infinty. 2020 Stryker HD seems to have the same much more forgiving parallax with more adjustment past 200y similar as seen in the Trijicon that is very similar scope made in the same factory to much the same specs

Only issue i have with pre 2020 Delta Stryker HD and seems to be the case with Javelin as well is the parallax has lots of adjustment to 300 and then next to nothing to infinty. 2020 Stryker HD seems to have the same much more forgiving parallax with more adjustment past 200y similar as seen in the Trijicon that is very similar scope made in the same factory to much the same specs

I had the same thinking before I shot one of the biggest competitions in Sweden this summer using my Delta Stryker HD (old model). It turned out that I shot pretty much the whole day with the parallax set just below the infinity mark and had no parallax issues hitting targets between about 200 meters out to 1000 meters that day. So while the dial does not have a lot of range between 300 to infinity, the optics in the scope does not seem to really care much beyond that range anyways. If I only could read the wind a bit better, then I would score a few more hits and make it up to the top 15 or so shooters. Maybe next year...

Anyone had solid experience wth these - or anywhere I can read a review?
I've had this scope recommended as a PST Gen 2 alternative and am trying to find out more...

Anyone had solid experience wth these - or anywhere I can read a review?
I've had this scope recommended as a PST Gen 2 alternative and am trying to find out more...
Just yesterday unpacked one with SMR-2 reticle and my first impresions are very good.

Hello
I am new, I live in France. I specify that I use software to translate because my English is more than limited. I'm starting sport shooting. For this I recovered a Delta Javelin 4.5-30x56 FFP SMR1. The problem is that I don't have the technical documentation. And even set to the lowest, it still pulls much too high at 300m with a RUGER RPR in 308 WIN. I aim at the bottom of a target with the highest stroke of the reticle so that it is in the black visual. Could you make me a copy and send it to me by email. I could see if it's a setting problem or a flaw. Kind regards

French version
Bonjour je suis nouveau, j’habite en France. Je précise que j’utilise un logiciel pour traduire car mon anglais est plus que limité. Je commence le tir sportif. Pour cela j’ai récupéré un Delta Javelin 4.5-30x56 FFP SMR1. Le problème est que je n’ai pas la documentation technique. Et même réglé au plus bas, il tire encore beaucoup trop haut à 300m avec un RUGER RPR en 308 WIN. Je vise le bas d’une cible avec le trait le plus élevé du réticule pour qu’elle soit dans le visuel noir. Pourriez-vous me faire une copie et me l’envoyer par courriel. Je pouvais voir s’il s’agissait d’un problème de réglage ou d’un défaut. Cordialement