• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delta rings?

Climate17

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
I am going to build an AR-15 in order to familiarize myself to the AR platform before my AR 10 build and I find my self wondering if I'm stuck with a standard delta ring. I can't seem to find any other styles. I've never built an AR before and any help with my parts search would be appreciated.

Re: Delta rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Climate17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to build an AR-15 in order to familiarize myself to the AR platform before my AR 10 build and I find my self wondering if I'm stuck with a standard delta ring. I can't seem to find any other styles. I've never built an AR before and any help with my parts search would be appreciated. </div></div>

Put a quad rail on your rifle and don't bother with regular hand guards or delta rings. There are good, solid free float rails out there that don't set you back $300.00!

Climate17, I would consider an AR15 build an entirely different kettle of fish from an AR10 build, especially the tools involved. WIth regards to your question, do You need a delta ring assembly, if you are going to be using standard handguards yes. As 101ABN pointed they are lots of alternatives to the standard handguard out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Ok that makes sense. I was having trouble figuring out the relationship.