• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56

Thanks. Yeah, I know Graeme runs one and Kerry's had one; I also checked one out at Reloaders a while back.

Looking at it - and this might sound weird - I actually think I could get the subtensions to actually work for my brain; it's more that I don't think one should have to, and that something more intuitive, with single-digit decimals in regular graduations, makes more sense.

My guess is the popularity of the Stryker here is more about it being a relatively good quality scope with an in-country distributor, features that work for field comps, and a lower price point than NF, rather than being a strongly superior optic overall ...

For me, after reliability, reticle is paramount, rather than "glass" or "features". I've had more chance to check out the THLR reticle lately, and I think that warrants the jump to the Minox ZP5.

Again, super-thankful for your reflections on the Delta a year ago - I think you saved me $3k! :)

for me delta reticle LRD-1T is the best I can find from ALL reticles on the market; for quick aiming.

but yes, 1 MIL around the center is stupid. everything else is the best what I can find. but it is not my dream reticle, just the best of all other options.

Reactions: hectorso27
for me delta reticle LRD-1T is the best I can find from ALL reticles on the market; for quick aiming.

but yes, 1 MIL around the center is stupid. everything else is the best what I can find. but it is not my dream reticle, just the best of all other options.
Hi, the reticle is nice visible at low magnification?

Hi, the reticle is nice visible at low magnification?

so-so. reticle itself is NOT on the thick side, it's 0.035 MIL thick, which is quite a industry standard. my dream reticle is at least 0.05 MIL. but if you have time to cerfuly look at 4.5× power, you should be able to aim somehow.

if you want reticle for low magnification, maybe you should look at realy thick reticles (ior, march, vortex, some minox, some nightforce...) or daybright illumination. last can be found on kahles.

on delta's reticle; i start to see 0.2MIL sections at 8x power; to be usable to my eyes. but at 8 power they are quite small.
at 12x power, which is my fixed power setting for our ''NLR22'' (because I aim all with reticle; i dont turn turrets), 0.2 MIL sections are very nice visable.

so-so. reticle itself is NOT on the thick side, it's 0.035 MIL thick, which is quite a industry standard. my dream reticle is at least 0.05 MIL. but if you have time to cerfuly look at 4.5× power, you should be able to aim somehow.

if you want reticle for low magnification, maybe you should look at realy thick reticles (ior, march, vortex, some minox, some nightforce...) or daybright illumination. last can be found on kahles.

on delta's reticle; i start to see 0.2MIL sections at 8x power; to be usable to my eyes. but at 8 power they are quite small.
at 12x power, which is my fixed power setting for our ''NLR22'' (because I aim all with reticle; i dont turn turrets), 0.2 MIL sections are very nice visable.
Hi,I would like to know if is going to be able to aim at low power???, using the reticle as a hunting plex, don't mind, in that magnificacion, if the substensions are visible or not ...

Last edited:
what I have in mind; for me its barely usable or not usable, especialy for hunting. for very bright background can be ok, but for hunting...? but your view on this thin reticle can be different than mine...

Hi,I would like to know if is going to be able to aim at low power???, using the reticle as a hunting plex, don't mind, in that magnificacion, if the substensions are visible or not ...
I've previously done some low light testing and found it works reasonably well for the above use case, the illumination certainly helps against a dark background but the big objective lense and clear glass meant the reticle was fairly well visible well past reasonable hunting conditions.

It's just gone too dark at home to do a test tonight but I can try have another look tomorrow (if I remember).

Heres a review I did about 18months ago, has a few reticle pictures.
I didn't mention it much in the review but I tested the scope from dusk until the light had completely faded and was in complete darkness, I was very suprised at how visible the reticle was at 4.5x, and the centre only illumination was good as it didn't was out the target like a full tree does.

My test for reticle usability is typically a 2" target at 50meters, although I had a 4" square at 100meters for the above testing.
If I can engage a target of that size on minimum magnification without second guessing myself then I call it good.

Having nice bright glass and good resolution can make up for a super thin reticle in many cases.
For example; I have an Athlon Helos 2-12x42 which has a very thick reticle but is near useless in low light as the glass is kinda terrible and you loose resolution very quickly in fadding light.
Turning on the illumination makes things worse as it's too bright even on lowest setting and just washed out the damn target you are attempting to shoot at.

I've previously done some low light testing and found it works reasonably well for the above use case, the illumination certainly helps against a dark background but the big objective lense and clear glass meant the reticle was fairly well visible well past reasonable hunting conditions.

It's just gone too dark at home to do a test tonight but I can try have another look tomorrow (if I remember).
@hectorso27

Well turns out I didn't remember....
I did have a look tonigh as light faded.

As far as reticles of this style (thin FFP, designed for long range) go I think the LRD-1T does a pretty good job in low light for hunting purposes.
The thick stadia on the sides of the reticle start from 7 Mils on each side where most other scopes start ar 10 Mils and they are thicker than many other reticles which definitely helps on low magnification.

Under full daylight or lower light but against a lighter background you can see the main cross just fine, the image is super bright and clear so the thin reticle pops out very well.
Against a dark background in low light the main cross is hard to see, you could shoot a fox or deer at close range due to the thicker portions of the reticle but out to 100+ meters you need illumination. The center only illumination is actually excellent for this purpose, it adjusts to a very low setting and doesn't wash out the target at all.

As far as scopes of this style go (thin FFP reticle) I think the Delta is actually excellent, I can happily use the reticle in most light conditions for either small game hunting or larger game, and in lower light the illumination is pretty much optimised for hunting.
The glass is rather excellent and the scope pulls in a lot of light, you could easily shoot an animal that you couldn't see with the naked eye.

I know some of my opinions on this scope make it sound like I hate it but it really is an excellent scope, I've shot another match recently and used it a but more and it really is a joy to use.
I do wish the FOV was better and the reticle was a bit different but I honestly think most people wouldn't notice these "issues".
I've shot it side by side with a few lesser scopes I own and played with a bunch of other scopes at matches and I think the Delta is a pretty sweet scope.

Interesting that you mention the XTR3 as it is the only scope in the price bracket that I would consider replacing the Delta with, once the illuminated models come out I intend to get a 3.3-18 so can offer a comparasion when it comes to market.

Thanks for your question. Darnfineshot is a Warranty Repair Station for Delta Optical. You would need only to send here for warranty work.
Charles

I did a tall target test for tracking on the Delta Optics Stryker HD scope (I own one myself) and I was pleasantly surprised to see it has a vertical tracking error of less than 1% (on par with the much more expensive Night Force optics).
The light is also very good and for me, the ease of acquiring the light in the ocular is much better than the Vortex Viper ones even at higher magnifications.
Never had an issues so far with it so far :)
I will be getting a Nightforce in the future as the ATACR is my dream scope, but for now the one I have is super and in a good price :)

Finally got a chance to stretch the Strykers legs today. We were limited to 750yds because of 50mph gusts (couldn’t hit anything beyond 750)
I gotta say, I am incredibly impressed with the clarity of the glass and the usability of the reticle. I didn’t want to mess with my zero because of the winds, so I used the holdovers and they worked perfect out to 550yds. Beyond that the wind really became a factor.
I was spotting splashes for my buddy at 550yds on 4.5 power and I was amazed at the depth and clarity. The definition of the mountain side, shrubs and rocks was impressive. I’ve never had the opportunity to shoot using TT or ZCO, but I’ve owned Swaros, IOR’s (don’t judge) Zeiss etc. this is my favorite scope purchase to date. Very very happy

Thanks for your question. Darnfineshot is a Warranty Repair Station for Delta Optical. You would need only to send here for warranty work.
Charles
What happens after the 10 year warranty is up? And the customer needs repair just past their 10 year warranty? How much does it cost to repair electronics past their warranty period such as their illuminated reticle if it quits turning on? How much does it cost to fix say elevation turret after it stops working properly past the 10 year warranty period? Or when image quality goes blurry or it's glass develops some internal blemishes or artifacts and won't focus after warranty expired?

It's very good to know you are actually a hands on repair center that actually repairs optics unlike other brands that don't even have the ability nor desire to actually fix anything especially past their limited short term electronics warranty.

The reason I ask about after their 10 year warranty repair service is I got hosed buying a brand new old stock top of the line Optolyth Spotter which was already past it's 10 year warranty from a dealer who refused to refund my money after I opened the box and there were many artifacts on the inside the lenses it's really terrible and looks as though the inside lens coatings were peeling, blistering and spider webbing. Imagine driving late at night in the countryside getting many bug splatters on your windshield thats kind of how this spotter looks like. Bought it as brand new old stock with only a negligible discount through Pilkingtons target talk classifieds and even the owner of that forum Scott Pilkington wouldn't do anything to help me out after one of his own sponsored dealers outright ripped me off. Of course I stupidly paid via no way of actually getting a refund and trusted this old dealer.

This example is only ONE of the reasons why I now prefer a hassle free lifetime warranty especially when spending a huge amount of money or at least buy from brands that actually have the ability to actually service and repair their brand of items past their limited warranty such as March.

Last edited: