• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Delta Stryker HD

excited for the full review. I keep thinking I will just pick one up anyway, there doesnt seem to be a reason not to.

Anyone know of a website/link that shows the width in MOA or MRAD of the reticles?
Thanks

Which specific reticle? I have the drawing for the MRAD reticles somewhere, I think,
Any of the 3 reticles actually, but the MOA reticle primarily, I'll take whatever you've got...I'd like to compare them to the reticle thickness on the Trijicon 5-50x's
Thanks

i-VcPpgTk-XL.jpg

i-6pPwtfB-XL.jpg

i-3dFCFk9-XL.jpg

See above.

Let me know if this helps.

ILya

Have you had one of these in your hands or on a rifle? Just wondering if you or someone you may know has put one of these to "the test" yet.
On a side note, I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading about the new Recon. There is a MOA version coming out soon. I may have to jump on one of those.

I have been messing with both versions of the Stryker for most of 2018 and like them a fair bit. Barring anything unforeseen, bit will be in my list of recommended scopes a soon as I publish my review.

ILya

Reactions: TheMammoth
Ilya, do you like the turrets? are they crisp. do they pop into place, are they barely audible, is there slop in between them . any info you could give would be well appreciated.

They are good turrets with nice tactile and audible clicks. Not as good as Tangent Theta, but then again nothing is (so far).

There is no slop that I can detect. These are very well worked out turrets.

ILya

ILya, any thoughts on the zero/zero stop?
The simplicity of resetting to zero is quickly becoming a major factor in my scope selection. It’s not as important as reticule choice or glass clarity, but I’ve sold more than a few scopes because of an over complicated or ‘too many tools required’ zero stop.
How’s the Strykers?
Thanks

Not too bad. I specifically sold my Tango 6 because of the rediculous zero. 2 different tools required to set the zero is absurd.
Simplicity of setting zero and zero stop should be very high with manufactures.

ILya, any thoughts on the zero/zero stop?
The simplicity of resetting to zero is quickly becoming a major factor in my scope selection. It’s not as important as reticule choice or glass clarity, but I’ve sold more than a few scopes because of an over complicated or ‘too many tools required’ zero stop.
How’s the Strykers?
Thanks

Nothing to it.

ILya

Looking forward to hear or see your review.

I´m in the market for such a scope, and the Stryker is on my list.
:)

I’m looking forward to this too. I’m curious how it compares to the Cronus BTR and the new Trijicon. All three scopes clearly share some of of the same DNA.

I need to finish with the write-up, but I will basically endorse the Stryker line. I like both models. They work well and the reticles are well done. Delta seems to get really good quality from LOW and does so consistently (I got some independent verification on the return rates).

I have not seen the Trijicon version of these scopes, but I have seen the Cronus. The Delta I have is a little better optically, but it is close enough to where it could be sample variation.

ILya

I see they are now being offered with zero stop as well as locking turrets and........05 mil clicks....

Delta Stryker HD , great scope for the $ LOW japan made , Trijicon could be regarded as US edition of same scopes
I have been using 4.5-30x56 for a while and only thing that i found kind bad is paralax , these scopes have very large span of close in paralax and then only couple of degrees to infinty.

Note small angle from 250 to infinity ,Trijicon has the same , is likely ancestry from air rifle scopes (many top tier tactical scopes started out as Air rifle scopes , S&B one of them)
SRM151.review_optics.deltaopticalstrykerhd4_530x56ffp3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt
I have used my Delta 5-50 for the past couple of month now and I find the optics very good. The turrets are OK.
But one thing I'm not quite happy with, and that is the parallax adjustment. It's just too tricky or sensitive at least for me who is used to the Kahles. It's not very forgiving, you have to be on point or its getting blurry.
All in all a very good scope for paper punching if you have the time to adjust the parallax properly.

Update: I met with the guy from Delta Optical last month and he left a few scopes with me to look at. I am sorta going through them one at a time, so it will take a little while.

I started with the Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 that is currently sitting on my Grendel (on the left in this picture):
i-5GSNWP4-L.jpg

They have a couple of different reticles available. The one I am looking at is the LRD-1T, which I like a fair bit:
i-5ngH7VL-L.jpg

It is somewhat similar to Athlon's APLR in some ways and to Minox MR4 in some ways. SInce I am so used to Gen2 XR, I kinda like the combination of small crosses and dots in the Christmas tree portion. So far, the reticle has proven to be very easy to switch to and I like it more than most competing designs, although this is really personal preference.
I currently have scopes on hand with APLR, EBR-2C, EBR-7, Gen 2 XR, DevL and a few other reticles, so I will be doing a very careful side-by-side with LRD-1T to see how I like it.

My initial impressions on the optical quality are very good. I think this scope is a variant of the LOW design that a bunch of people use in mildly different configurations: 5-30x56, 4.5-29x56, etc. I think these are all related designs and the Stryker seems to be the best one of these I have seen yet. Now, these are really just early impressions, since I have a lot more to test, but the basic optics and mechanics seem quite good. It so happens that I know a few Polish companies in my line of work and Delta is friendly with one of them and uses their test equipment. I think they are able to push LOW a fair bit in terms of QC since they can do a lot of quantitative measurements themselves.

In other words, I am pretty impressed with what I am seeing so far.

Stay tuned for more as I keep messing with this scope and start on the others. I've got them all mounted on different rifles.

ILya
Can you include a tracking test while mounted, especially with the windage maxed out, to see how accurate and reliable it is? Looking forward to your report!

I have used my Delta 5-50 for the past couple of month now and I find the optics very good. The turrets are OK.
But one thing I'm not quite happy with, and that is the parallax adjustment. It's just too tricky or sensitive at least for me who is used to the Kahles. It's not very forgiving, you have to be on point or its getting blurry.
All in all a very good scope for paper punching if you have the time to adjust the parallax properly.
Good point on the parallax. That makes this one less desirable for hunting applications.

There is a U.S. distributor now - EDGun West out of California. I bought a 5-50X56 SFP to replace my Athlon Cronus. I liked the reticle better (tiny floating dot) for target and benchrest, as opposed to the tactical reticle of the Cronus. Love the turrets and everything else about it.

I see they are now being offered with zero stop as well as locking turrets and........05 mil clicks....
0DB61836-19DF-4D62-A273-20289331541C.jpeg

0AE673E4-18DC-4836-BC35-FD4C9F146123.jpeg

The ‘new’ turret has an indicator for revs too.
I like the zero stop system. Simple and effective.

I've got the Trijicon version in 5-50 mil ret. Figured there must be something else I'd like to try, but may actually buy a 2nd one. Between the versatility, quality, and value, I'm not seeing anything else that is close. Only thing I wish it had was a finer focus adjustment. Any arguments against or for a different optic I'm all ears.

Like you mentioned ,paralax adjustment is not the best one out there , was great for my rimfire use but would not do for centerfire ,am now going for Meopta Optika 6 as soon as the get the ones with Ilya's reticle on stock

I prefer the Stryker mil ret over the Trijicon. Then there' that $1,000 price difference....

ATACR 7-35? Mark5 7-35? Zeiss V8? March? S&B? Where would I need to be to have a clear difference in glass quality? Having the 5-50X, I can appreciate the extra magnification, and can shoot a tighter group at 1K yds than with 24X or 27X of my other scopes of similar glass quality, and I generally find myself around 35X for best combo of magnification & resolution. Could I see holes in the target further with, say, a ZCO @ 27X than with my Trijicon at some higher magnification?

Sorry for reviving a revived post from 2018, but I've got a 4.5-30 Delta Stryker I have for a few weeks testing.

I'm quite surprised at the comments on the glass quality, so far I've found it under whelming with considerable CA from 25x to 30x.
I'll do some more shooting with it this next week and post my final thoughts, I like the rest of the scope but am just not blown away by the glass.

Sorry for reviving a revived post from 2018, but I've got a 4.5-30 Delta Stryker I have for a few weeks testing.

I'm quite surprised at the comments on the glass quality, so far I've found it under whelming with considerable CA from 25x to 30x.
I'll do some more shooting with it this next week and post my final thoughts, I like the rest of the scope but am just not blown away by the glass.

The model I had and one other I looked through didn't display what I think anyone would call considerable CA. I thought it was very nice. They've either changed something or you got a flawed unit, one would think.

The model I had and one other I looked through didn't display what I think anyone would call considerable CA. I thought it was very nice. They've either changed something or you got a flawed unit, one would think.

Either flawed unit or eyepiece/side-focus are not optimized. I have seen a few of this and they have been consistently good.

ILya

My 4.5-30 should be arriving tomorrow and cant wait to check it out. I got the “gen 3” or 2020 model. Is there any optical improvements over the 3 models or is it just turrets, parallax etc that has upgraded?

I think upgrades are not optical.

That being said, beetroot did hit on an interesting point - with high-power FFP scopes, optimizing the scope mounting to your eye position (scope height and forward/aft position), and configuring the eyepiece and parallax is absolutely CRITICAL. I spent probably a solid 2 hours doing this when I first got my scope. Complete OCD, but it's critical if you're trying to get the most out of the optics. In my experience, Japanese optics are CA-sensitive when you don't have the scope mounted for ideal optical alignment, good eye relief, and have the eyepiece & parallax set properly. When you get all that done, it's hard to see any at all.

There is a U.S. distributor now - EDGun West out of California. I bought a 5-50X56 SFP to replace my Athlon Cronus. I liked the reticle better (tiny floating dot) for target and benchrest, as opposed to the tactical reticle of the Cronus. Love the turrets and everything else about it.
I just received my Delta ,the small dot is gonna take some getting used to. I have a Athlon Cronus BTR . I think the Delta glass is a bit better, its just I'm used to the Athlon reticle .

1592662442947.png

Since my regular glass-store is selling the Delta Stryker HD at a pretty good dicount I could not refuse. Its the older generation with non locking turrets and the DLR-1 reticle, and I figured it would suit me just fine.
Right as it is, it is bolted to my FX Impact PCP rifle, with a Spuhr ISMS mount. When the competitions starts up again after all the Corona crap, I plan to move to scope over to my TRG22. I have had a few high end scopes like Hensoldt, Razor G2, Schmidt PM2 and a few others and looked though and fingerbanged a whole lot more of them.
Anyways, this will be more of a first impressions type of deal, take it for what it is.

Out of the box,
The scope comes with some tools, a "cat tail", a battery, a bikini lenscover and a sun shade. Pretty much what you are used to seeing in the box. I have added a pair of Vortex Defendor lens covers to it, since the picture above was taken.

Fit and feel,
The scope feels good in general. The finish is excellent. The turrets are a bit mushy, not terrible but kind of on par with Nightforce NXS, and no where near the awesomeness of S&B. The parallax wheel is stiff as hell out of the box, smooth, but still extremely stiff. It has loosened up a bit after I cranked it back and forth a lot of times. I am sure it will get even better with time. The included "cat tail" for the magnification ring is a nice touch. The elevation turrets markings seems to be a smidge of center, or maybe its just me needing new glasses. The zerostop is super easy to set.

Glass,
The glass is good. Very good. As you can guess I have only shot with it out to 100 meters, but I have looked through it out to about 300 meters on my local range. There is very good contrast, good definition, but a pretty shallow depth of field, so proper parallax adjustment is key. I hardly get any CA at all, and to my eyes, the glass is well above the Vortex Razor G2 4.5-27x56 and not that far behind a Schmidt 5-25x56 PM2.

Reticle,
Very well thought out and designed. I feel that the later versions of the LRD guys reticles are less intuitive, but thats just the oppinion of one.

Time will tell. But for the price I payed, its an awesome scope for sure. I plan to run this for at least a year or two. We will se how it works out.

This was my out of the box review of the Delta Stryker. I posted it in the other thread about Delta scopes earlier this year.
Since then, I have mounted it on my TRG22 and have been both shooting and compeating as much as possible for the rest of the season.
I have been dialing back and forth shooting targets between 100-1000 meters and it has been flawless through out.
The parallax dial is a bit strange compared to other scopes Ive had, as most know it has a broad adjustment up to 250-300 meters and then it quickly goes to infinity. But what I found out on the biggest competition I went to this year was that I went thru the whole day pretty much without tuching the parallax dial at all, most of the day it was set just below the infinity mark and it worked great on targets from 240 meters out to 1000. At the 1000 meter target I had no problems spotting my first shot (low and left in the dirt) and made corrections accoringly wich then gave me 4/6 hits at that station.
This scope stays with me, and I would buy another if I needed one.

Reactions: Iron Worker
Look what I just got! I initial impressions scream quality. Scope looks great, the finish looks great but its that matte finish that everything sticks to, I can live with it. Parallax adjustment its very generous which I like. Magnification ring and parallax ring are quite stiff and might require some “breaking in”, turrets and locking feature are very nice not as audible as I would like but very tactile. From what I can see by holding it the image is very clear and bright but will have to get it mounted to get a better view. The LRD-1T reticle looks very nice but yes the center dot is not visible (at least for me) till around 15x. For the gentleman that was concern about the manual, I got one but the scope pictured is not this scope which I find hilarious.

Attachments

• 93BC788C-76AA-4F21-A78A-DE7520C4D3CD.jpeg
    93BC788C-76AA-4F21-A78A-DE7520C4D3CD.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 95960F6B-38A1-42D3-94C8-D77C2E4BF108.jpeg
    95960F6B-38A1-42D3-94C8-D77C2E4BF108.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 62
  • B016EB0C-319F-40F1-BC35-422600E86215.jpeg
    B016EB0C-319F-40F1-BC35-422600E86215.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 58
  • D60FF042-D5C0-4369-9528-F19E453BD33F.jpeg
    D60FF042-D5C0-4369-9528-F19E453BD33F.jpeg