• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dents and FL resizing

3blackdogs

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2012
stuck in NY
I just got my Redding 3 die set yesterday yesterday. I neck sized 20 cases with carbide NK sizing die and button. No problems. WHen I tried to FL resize I am getting a small dent or 2 in the shoulder part of the case. I am just rolling the case lightly on my RCBS pad to lub it lightly then running it threw die. Was wondering if I am doing something wrong? Can anyone shed some light on whats going on? Sorry for the newbi question.
Thanks

dents and FL resizing

Too much lube or there is lube build-up in your die. Clean your FL die out and go a little lighter on the lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Too much lube or there is lube build-up in your die. Clean your FL die out and go a little lighter on the lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 I agree, you are using to much lube. I stopped using the RCBS lube pad because of that problem and went to Dillon's spray lube and never had the problem again. Just spay, mix the brass to make sure all of it is covered, wait a few minutes for the alcohol carrier to dry and your good to go.

There was a thread describing putting x amount of brass in a bag and then x amount of pumps of dillon in but I can't find it anybody have the link or have a combo that works?

I had the same problem with the line pad and got some dillon spray

The pad works great, it is easy not to get lube on the neck and shoulder if you use the right amount of lube. You could use die wax too, but you put it on your fingers and lube em one at a time.

Got throught it. Reallly didnt need much at all. WOW. hardly needed lub needed on pad. Thanks guy. Less I useded better it came out.

The Lee paste works awesome for this very reason... just fyi ... ;)

There was a thread describing putting x amount of brass in a bag and then x amount of pumps of dillon in but I can't find it anybody have the link or have a combo that works?

I had the same problem with the line pad and got some dillon spray

I put about 100 308 case or 150 223 case in a small plastic bucket and spay 3-4 good pumps of the Dillon spray on them. Then mix up the brass by hand to spread the spray more evenly. It's easy to tell if you've spayed enough. 3-4 pumps is usually enough depending on the # and caliber of brass you are processing. then wait a minute or two for the alcohol carrier to evaporate. In the past I have also used the lube spray lube Midway sells with the same results but haven't used it since on a trip to Dillon I bought a lifetime supply of Dillon's spray lube.