• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Derek Jeter

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
I'm 23yrs old and I'm a Yankees fan because I watched Derek Jeter raise that '96 World Series trophy above his head as a rookie when I was five. Tonight was a sad night but one that I'll always remember. He was a true winner and he played the game the way it should be played. Thanks for the memories, and much respect to you Mr. Jeter.

Please share your thoughts/memories.

I hope the Yankee Captain gets some good time off and enjoys what he has accomplished. It is Sad to see him go, but I feel he has reached his peek in this sport. Just think as humble and dedicated he is/was in his baseball career, just imagine if he got into shooting sports...

He was a great ball player that did things the right way. He was of the old school mode and a great example to you g players the world over. It's rare these days to see a guy be great, be humble, be a leader by action and a role model for kids as well. You will be missed Captain.

Sports in general needs more athletes like Derek Jeter. He seems to be a dying breed. Well deserved retirement party due for this man.

I'm no Yankees fan, but it's hard to not be impressed with Derek Jeter and the way he played the game and conducted himself throughout his career. It was great to see him wrap up his career in NY the way he did last night.

Not a Yankees or Jeter fan but I watched the game last night and it was awesome how it all went down.

I was glad to share that moment with my three boys last night. Jeter always had the ability to rise to the occassion under pressure, and under the spotlight. A fitting end of a great career for a great baseball player. I don't root for the Yankees either, but a tip of the hat was in order last night.

A "Passing of The Guard"......Mike Trout?

I don't care much for baseball personally and I hate the Yankees but I can certainly appreciate what he's done and how he has remained a class act. Reminds me of growing up watching Cal Ripken. There needs to be more like these guys out there for kids to see.

Derek Jeter was a class act. In the high pressure world of NY sports where it is required you produce, produce, produce - he did. He was paid an extraordinary amount of money, but remained classy and humble. Much harder to do than imagined. According to Forbes, Jeter earned $400 million during his career with the Yankees. That's a significant chunk 'o change - enough to swell your head. But, he never forgot us little folks and remembered where he came from. Thx for the great memories and fine example.

Note - Derek Jeter's MLB, NY Yankee's jersey is the best selling jersey of all time. A testament to his popularity across America.

ESPN -
"Derek Jeter's No. 2 Yankees jersey is the best-selling baseball jersey of all time.

So say officials at Majestic Athletic, which has made official batting practice jerseys since 1982 and authentic jerseys for all teams beginning in 2005.

"Derek just resonates with all demographics, all across the country," Majestic president Jim Pisani said. "He's really the only jersey that you consistently see at opposing ballparks, which is why he has been at the top for the last decade."

http://http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/11576562/derek-jeter-new-york-yankees-jersey-top-selling-baseball-jersey-all

Not a Yankee's fan myself, but how can one not respect Jeter. I will never forget his first at bat in his last All Star game, and the starting pitcher set his glove on the mound and stepped off to applaud Jeter. Well deserved for an All Star human being. Oh yeah and kudos to the pitcher who did that. ( too many beers to remember who he is)

A class act for sure, and he played the game the way it should be played.

Reading how a lot of baseball fans don't like the Yankees, but they like Jeter,is a testament to his character + actions on and off the field.
There are few sports figures that are worthy of praise these days, but Derek Jeter was a class act from day one when he put on the Pin Stripes.
I've met him at various charity events and Yankees functions over the years. He's a true gentleman and down to earth guy.
No matter how much money the Yankees spend, their never going to fill the hole at short stop with a more respected and loved player.
Now the only time I'll get to see him, will be at the Old timers games.
The Captain Has left the Field.

Reading how a lot of baseball fans don't like the Yankees, but they like Jeter,is a testament to his character + actions on and off the field.

That sums it up for me. I HATE the yankees but have nothing but good things to say about Jeter.

The guy is a class act and baseball will be hard pressed to find another like him anytime soon.

It was tough watching him walk off the field in Boston today. But that being said I'm glad I got to witness the career. Fairwell captain.