• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Desert Multicam Cerakote Job

blksno

I don't have one
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2009
    SD
    Well, I've had a Desert Sand base coat on my rifle for about 2 years now and it's held up GREAT, but I finally decided to do a little camo for the prairie of western South Dakota.
    It's loosely based on Multicam with more tan and much less green because we simply don't have much green in the fall.

There is FDE, Coyote Tan, Federal Brown, and Hidden White with special blends of each one to get the colors I wanted.

Not exactly how I pictured it, but for my first time using an air brush...I'm pleased.

Re: New Cerakote Job

Very nice job - are you planing to do the scope as well?

Looks really good, go ahead and make it disappear by spraying the scope. I hope my next rattle canned job looks decent haha

Yes, I think this summer I will bite the bullet and coat that baby as well. I see no reason to sell it, might as well give her some make-up too.

Re: Desert Multicam Cerakote Job

Impressive!

If you do decide to do the scope, make a note of where you put the rifle down....you could have one hell of a job finding it again if you forgot!

You did a great job. This isn't another photoshop jobber is it like the last thing I thought you had painted hahahaha

Haha nope, this one isn't photo shop. This one's the real McCoy, although I take that as a serious compliment that you thought the last photoshop job was real.

I still have to do that Glock slide, but I'm waiting till my Form 4 is done.

i have a feeling your gonna put her down, and lose it, if you decide to camo that NXS.

I did outsy Glock slide similar to the one you had photoshopped but using purple and grey hahaha

I have been wondering what a desert MC would look like and you pulled it off really well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a feeling your gonna put her down, and lose it, if you decide to camo that NXS. </div></div>

Wouldn't be the first time I set down something and lost it.
    crazy.gif

nice job! Looks really good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would work very vell in my world</div></div>

you'ld DEFINATLY lose it in the sea of multicam that is chiller's world, where you found multicam wallpaper i'll never know

Man... that thing really blends into the background. Nice job

Excellent! I think you may have inspired me to do something similar to match my area. Nice work man.

-Pat

I would definitely loose that one in the brush with my crappy nearsighted vision if i had to set it down someplace to go take a leak.
    Great job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I think this summer I will bite the bullet and coat that baby as well. I see no reason to sell it, might as well give her some make-up too.</div></div>

Better write down those color blemds while they are fresh in your head!!!!!

Ive learned the hard way lol!

Nice multicam job

Nice work c_bass16, it looks great!
    No more barska!!! haha now that rifle is complete!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Desert-Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I think this summer I will bite the bullet and coat that baby as well. I see no reason to sell it, might as well give her some make-up too.</div></div>

Better write down those color blemds while they are fresh in your head!!!!!

Ive learned the hard way lol!

Nice multicam job </div></div>

I've got HD video footage of the whole thing, and I use an injection needle to measure all the blends, so I've got video to reference and I have all my blend mixes written down.

I would have to cut a LOT of footage down in order to make it worth watching though. Lots of the time I just left the camera up and let it roll.

Which FFL is needed to accept actions and such for the purpose of painting and sending back to customers? I've got a couple local guys that want things done and if all goes well, and satisfaction is where I expect it to be..I'm thinking about getting the process started with intent on jobs for the summer.

Ideas?

Damn, that looks stunning! If you get a FFL I'd love to send you a rifle to get something similar to this done!

Drool, good work man that looks slick!

Thanks again guys, I picked up a factory 700 stock from skinney here and I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. Haven't decided what I wanna hash out on it yet...but it's going to be another camo, probably based on a tan base coat, and perhaps a little more creativity this time.