• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tactical Arms SRS

Re: Desert Tactical Arms SRS

So let me get this straight. Something that appears to have only a 1% failure rate (maybe less) requires a complete recall by the manufacturer? So far, you're not making a strong case for your credibility.

Every post you're making is starting to sound more and more like you are carrying out the extortion that DTA refuse to give into and which you are denying. No matter how this is being sliced or spun, someone is lying and I know who I find to be more credible.

It is a sad-day when two parties in this small community cannot find a way to see eye-to-eye in pursuit of a common goal. I am certain that if you two met face to face and over a beer -you'd get along fine.

MWS - my recommendation to you is to let it go. You've made your point to those who understand the perspective you are comming from. If you have friends in the sandbox using the same weapon; then just let them know they would do well to reach out <span style="text-decoration: underline">in a constructive manner</span> to DTA to find out if they should be on the list for a replacement firing pin.

DTA has also made their point, and very cogent reasons for the actions they have taken to-date. There is a business reality to a recall decision that ultimately comes down to money & practicality.

Ya'll are experiencing what can be called a "no meeting of minds". Part ways and be done with it.

As a feeble attempt at levity: which thread do I subscribe to in order to whine about my Savage 110PF (pre Accutrigger) and the way it feeds (or rather doesn't) rounds from the internal mag...
grin.gif

In attempt to sear the subject back on the 300 win..

Here’s what mine looks like now guys..

I only have a few colors and patterns left and then I can seal it and shoot her again, but what do you think of it so far??

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7172.jpg

This will eventually turn into my version of the 5 color desert camo, just to give you an idea of the overall look I’m going for..

Also, how do you like my mono? I custom made it up to screw in the rear butt plates.. the overall length of adjustments is about 4.5”.. Do you think that will be enough?? I need to find a rubber cap for the bottom of it..

Does anyone have a picture of their mono’s on your SRS that I can see for reference??

Thanks for your time gents..

Link.

The DTA system is very new to the shooting community. I have spent the last 18 years conducting R&D in lab settings. There are tests for what can be achieved from the end user and how they treat their products. The DTA system has hardly any time on it compared to other weapon systems currently available. To have one failure in less than 2 years is totally acceptable. I can see where agencys would be concerned and if they were I think that one phone call could fix their issue. I do not know any DTA staff or have their products but I will wait a little while longer for the system to prove itself out before I purchase one or if I ever do. People just taking their guns to the range and spraying armour all on them so they look good does not count as R&D. Bottom line is the firing pin broke, they gave you a new one, end of story move on its not that big of a deal.

FWIW I had an AW fail on me one time, I sent it in it came back 100% Did I call AI a buch of asshole and demand money... Hell no to this day I still own AW rifles and they are some of the best rifles in the world, shit happens get over it.

Rich

Hey thanks guys I’m glad you like it so far..

Any advice on the rear mono??
How much lift should I have??
Does anyone have a good clear picture of your stock mono??
Does this one look sturdy enough??

Sorry this stuff is all new to me and that way I came to the hide.. To learn from the best..

Thanks again for your time team and I’ll post up the completed pic in a few..

Link..

I have one coming with the factory monopod, should be here in a week or two, I'll take pics and shoot them to you.

The statement that he might leave this site and start hitting other sites seems quite clearly an event mentioned by the DTA guy. Trashing them on the internet.

I don't own a DTA, have shot 5 rds through one, and will probably buy one in the future.

I did purchase a Badger Ordnance that showed up not firing or extract/ejecting. Sent it back to the smith, fired after that.
Sent it to Marty for the extract/eject. He replaced the springs and then everything worked just fine. Cost me 2.5 weeks of time, and alot of sleepless nights, as well as lots of shipping expense.

Turned out to be a tack-driver.

Am I trashing anyone? No, They FIXED THE PROBLEM.

BTW, send me a PM and let me know how much you want for the defective rifle.

I have always known Nick to be a stand up guy and the vast majority of these posts confirm that IMHO. He started his company from scratch and has grown it into one of the finest American manufacturers of small arms in a relatively short period of time. With a steep development curve I would expect some flaws to surface in any new platform. No amount of initial testing can bring out all possible failure modes, especially in things like vendor supplied parts with a relatively small percent defective. I do not have an SRS; but hope to get one of his HTIs in the near future. regards, Dale.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to compensate a customer for the inconvenience of suffering breaking or defect in a new - especially premium - item by dropping in some freebees or such. So I can understand the plea of the OP to get a "free upgrade" of his rifle to monopod. (<span style="font-style: italic">I leave alone the unpleasant part of threatening, etc.</span>)

It is also quite common for manufacturers to <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> offer any freebees, and just take care of the problem. In this economy free things are increasingly rare. So I can understand the manufacturer too (<span style="font-style: italic">especially if he wasn't asked nicely, as business "bushido" requires fixing the problem; freebees are above and beyond that</span>).

I'm looking forward to my SRS, order already placed.

P.S. Nick, out of curiosity - why is your "handle" here <span style="font-style: italic">SR90</span> rather than e.g. <span style="font-style: italic">SRS</span>?
smile.gif

My handle is SR90 because my very first sniper rifle was a Robar SR90, it has since been shot out many years ago and rebarreled and sold to an old shooting partner.

I have considered changing my handle a few times but just haven't yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the 2nd post Jon Weiler honestly reported on my problem and stated he never had a firing pin breakage in 8 years. This is from a 50 Cal sniper from the 82nd, vet of the sandbox. If it is acceptable to you to have breakage of a crucial system, that is up to you. It is not OK with me. </div></div>

Argument from Authority Fail

I've spent quite a bit of time behind the SRS. In my humble opinion, it's best sniper rifle on the market today. If anyone has questions about it's ruggedness, feel free to contact me. But trust me, it stands up to the test. I heard one did pretty well this weekend in the Steel Safari, and it was even shooting some old surplus ammo out of a box.