• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech SRS-A2 inconsistant trigger pull weight

Sleepertruckguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2019
I have been having issues with my desert tech SRS A2 ever since I put a few hundred rounds through it. When it was brand new it ran flawlessly.
How ever, after about 300 rounds the rifle developed what I would call "sticky trigger syndrome." I removed the skins and adjusted the pull weight, as this is the only adjustment you can make on the SRS A2. I backed the screw out and the trigger was noticeably lighter. After firing the first round after the trigger adjustment, the trigger returned to MAX pull weight (about 7 lbs). I would adjust the trigger weight set screw again, the trigger would operate fine. Fire another round and back to MAX pull weight. I spoke to desert tech and they said it cold possibly have a defective trigger pack. I couldn't part with my rifle so I decided to dig a little deeper.
There where three problems.
I removed the trigger assembly, transfer bar, and rear sear. I found some large burs on the surface area between the transfer bar and sear. I smoothed them out with a pummel stone and cleaned them up.
The transfer bar and sear seamed to have cosmoline grease all over it. Seems strange DT would put cosmoline grease on parts that customers should not be messing with. Could have just been bad luck for me. I removed all cosmoline grease.
The third issue is that when the set screw is set up for a light weight trigger pull (around 2lbs), the screw is too far out of the trigger pack assembly. It was barely hanging on with about 2 threads. When this occurs the trigger weight spring isn't sitting flush against the set screw. The spring would get caught in the treads inside the pack. This was causing the trigger to hang up. I adjusted the set screw just until it was resting against the trigger weight spring, then gave it a full turn with some red lock tight. The trigger is now set to about
2 1/2 pounds. No more sticky trigger, no more inconsistent pull weight, and the sear engagement is smoother than it ever was.
If anyone else is having this issue, this is your fix.