• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Designated pouch for Terrapin Rangefinder

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Does anyone make a designated pouch just for the Terrapin? I was looking for something that had padding as well as a sort of 'shield' in a molle pouch for the Terrapin as I am a bit worried about banging it around while crawling around/climbing/hunting out in the open.

I intended to keep it in my ruck, but besides the rifle I would have with me, it would be quite a pricey bit of equipment to bang around.

Re: Designated pouch for Terrapin Rangefinder

I am awaiting an order from SORD for their pack. Wait was 4 - 6 weeks when I placed the order. Tac Ready Gear has something available on the Rifles Only website as well. I think there is a third option I can't remember that has room for a Kestrel, but like you, I wanted a single pack as the LRF by itself is pretty damned large.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrs50bmg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tyr Tactical makes one that will hold the PLRF-05 and a Kestrel.

Tyr Tactical </div></div>

That will fit the bill very well, thanks for the intel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrs50bmg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tyr Tactical makes one that will hold the PLRF-05 and a Kestrel.

Tyr Tactical

I think you can order directly from them or I think they have a couple of dealers also. </div></div>

Thanks, that's a great option for the Vectronics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diverdon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrs50bmg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tyr Tactical makes one that will hold the PLRF-05 and a Kestrel.

Tyr Tactical

I think you can order directly from them or I think they have a couple of dealers also. </div></div>

Thanks, that's a great option for the Vectronics! </div></div>

Yeah that is nice.

Try FHF gear. I have the small chest bino harness and it works great for my Terrapin and Swaro laser guide. Comfortable, protects the optic and very high quality.

I would like someone to make one that fits a PLRF-10C. The compass housing seems to be the killer. The Tyr would be excellent if it was a little bigger.

I use the Tyr unit. Simple design for the rangefinder, Kestrel, and a slope doper. A Zeiss PLRF fits nicely as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like someone to make one that fits a PLRF-10C. The compass housing seems to be the killer. The Tyr would be excellent if it was a little bigger. </div></div>

Try out Tyr's padded night vision pouch. A PLRF-15C fits snug in those. You can get those pouches with either vertical or horizontal molle mounting.

I ordered the Terrapin/Kestrel pouch and the Trimble pouch, Can't wait to see how they are.

I have the Tyr, but have yet to use it as I found I like carrying the Terripen in a smaller Spec-Ops pouch on my upper vest, and the Tyr was a little large for that.

The Tyr is very nice regardless.

Alpine - which offers the best protection?

And with respects to the Tyr - does it have any sort of mounting capabilities on the back (ie. molle, or a belt clip of some sort)?

Yes, the Tyr has a simple and easy to install/uninstall molle system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alpine - which offers the best protection?

And with respects to the Tyr - does it have any sort of mounting capabilities on the back (ie. molle, or a belt clip of some sort)?</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alpine - which offers the best protection?

And with respects to the Tyr - does it have any sort of mounting capabilities on the back (ie. molle, or a belt clip of some sort)?</div></div>

For me, the Spec-Ops provides better protection because its a zippered case, and keeps dust and dirt out when shooting prone, or crawling through thge brush in a tactical match. Whereas, the Tyr has a Velcro flap that will allow dust and dirt entry. Both have the PALS straps sewn in, and ready to attach.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Spec Ops pouch? How is the fit? I am kind of tired of waiting.</div></div>

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/pouches/general-purpose-pouch.html

No padding, but provides enough protection from scuffs, scrapes, dust, and dirt.

I finally got my SORD pouch. I like it a lot. The unit feels much more compact mounted on a vest. The only thing I wish the SORD had is a battery pouch.

The Tyr pouch is a solid option, has an adjustable divider to partition the LRF and Kestrel. I would have preferred if the top closed to protect from dust etc, but it just has a flap closure..

It's been 8 weeks since they took my money. You'd think that... I don't know... Maybe...

Who'd you order from?

I ordered the Tyr on 2/18 and haven't heard shit. 2 emails and a phone call; nothing.

Who'd you order from?

I ordered the Tyr on 2/18 and haven't heard shit. 2 emails and a phone call; nothing.

Who'd you order from?

I've been to the Tyr facility and have been on the production floor, so perhaps I can shed some light on what it takes to build just one item. Keep in mind they are a manufacturer and have an assembly floor working on a full line of products at any given time. They have a prototype section of 2-3 people working on new designs and other things as well. Building 1-2 of any item they make means the whole operation has to take pause or someone(usually more than one) has to be pulled aside to build said item. It's very rare that they have something ready built and sitting on a shelf, they aren't like a retail store operation where everything they make is on a shelf and in stock. My guess is that your order is in line to be built as soon as the production schedule allows. They do have a small front office of women working the admin issues but they are usually good about answering the phones. I am sure they will make your pouch and you will get it, just don't expect it to be the same as ordering from a gear store where all they have to do is pull something off a shelf and mail it to you.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

I've been to the Tyr facility and have been on the production floor, so perhaps I can shed some light on what it takes to build just one item. Keep in mind they are a manufacturer and have an assembly floor working on a full line of products at any given time. They have a prototype section of 2-3 people working on new designs and other things as well. Building 1-2 of any item they make means the whole operation has to take pause or someone(usually more than one) has to be pulled aside to build said item. It's very rare that they have something ready built and sitting on a shelf, they aren't like a retail store operation where everything they make is on a shelf and in stock. My guess is that your order is in line to be built as soon as the production schedule allows. They do have a small front office of women working the admin issues but they are usually good about answering the phones. I am sure they will make your pouch and you will get it, just don't expect it to be the same as ordering from a gear store where all they have to do is pull something off a shelf and mail it to you.

View attachment 4529
    View attachment 4530
    View attachment 4531
    View attachment 4532

Bla bla bla You just described every company on the earth...but the others will call/email you back. So what your saying is they lack customer service.

Bla bla bla You just described every company on the earth...but the others will call/email you back. So what your saying is they lack customer service.

Your smart ass reply aside, the answer to your question is No. I was trying to shed some light on the matter;they are not a retail facility, they are a manufacturer. As such they are pretty busy and they do their best to meet the demands they are faced with. Everyone I've meet at TYR from the owner to the sew people have been customer focused and oriented. Keep in mind this manufacturers customer base and products are specifically designed for the Special Operations Community. If I picked up the phone right now and called them I am fairly certain a human would answer it. However, there are times with any business when they might not be available to answer the phone or respond to an e-mail as quickly as you want them to.

If anyone in this thread who has actually placed an order cannot get through to them, PM me your name and purchase information and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

I ordered a MUT pouch from Tyr. I received an email saying it was 4-6 weeks out. I got it in 3. Generally, when I get a timeline, I don't keep calling for syatus updates. For small businesses, it just takes time away from building your crap. If they did not originally communicate lead time, shame on them.

A "Eagle" brand M-60 mag pouch.
    It fits perfect w/ it original bag on it.

You can find them for $30./
    Here and thier. Retail is like $100.

Hope this helps.
    M

Given the dimensions of a Terrapin are 128x104x47mm (5.04x4.09x1.9"), it should fit into the Rifles Only LRF case that can fit devices up to 5x4.5x 2.5"

TacReady.com has one that fits mine perfectly.
    Velcro flap and a buckle.
    Padded top.
    Belt loop on back as well as Molle
    Small pocket inside the top of the lid/flap for a battery or tripod connection plate.

I picked mine up off the prize table at a shoot. I have not looked to see who sells them. They are good quality and well made. I can't compare to TYR as I have never had any of their stuff.

***Mine does not have the "carry handle loop". It has a belt loop on the back to wear on a belt as well as the Molle.

TAC READY || Solutions For The Field

Last edited: