• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desperately seeking Varget.

You will have the best luck checking with local stores daily or ask when they get powder shipments and be there when they open on those days.

Just backorder it if someone will let you. If I find any locally I ain't telling because I need it too. I have some on order over at midsouthshooters. Probably won't see it for a month or more but at least I am in line.

Burn Rate charts, on a scale of 1 to 173 place Varget at 117. Comparatively;
114 IMR 4895
120 IMR 4064
123 IMR 4320
125 N140, N540
126 N135
So, there are several alternatives.

Your PMs are turned off from the forum change. Hit me up, see if we can work something out.

Simpson...hush up dude. If you keep taht up I will quit being able to smile at the powder rack in my LGS, when I see the obvious lack of general knowledge, by the stock available.

I was in a shop in Tulsa, OK this week that had 11 8lb kegs of Varget but they wanted $300 each. Oddly enough the only over priced items in the whole store were powder and primers. Ammo was priced right and plentiful in everything but 9mm. They also had a huge variety of bullets in stock. Not sure if they do mail order and the guys weren't that friendly/helpful but the place is called Dongs.

Try LEVERevolution. Easy to find. A local guy uses it and likes it and also saw a post on accurate shooter about it. No first hand knowledge but I bought a pound to try once I am out of varget.

Shit I would trade you some Varget for some small rifle match primers....

I have 1 lb of Reloader 15 and a pound of 4064. I would trade for 200 175gn SMK. I also nee CCI BR2 Large rifle primers. I'm in Houston. Send me a PM to work something out. Only want to deal locally.

Last edited:
I would avoid Personal Choice Outfitters like the plague. They notoriously charge for items that they dont have in stock, dont answer phone calls or emails, and usually require fraud proceedings with the credit card companies to get your funds credited to your account. That Varget is tempting, but most likely it isnt in stock. I mean fuck, if powder valley, natchez, brunos etc doesnt have it....what is the chance that PCO actually has it. I wont take that risk.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1394713_Anybody_ever_order_from_Personal_Choice_Outfitters_.html

Last edited:
I was in a shop in Tulsa, OK this week that had 11 8lb kegs of Varget but they wanted $300 each. Oddly enough the only over priced items in the whole store were powder and primers. Ammo was priced right and plentiful in everything but 9mm. They also had a huge variety of bullets in stock. Not sure if they do mail order and the guys weren't that friendly/helpful but the place is called Dongs.

I can't believe that place is still in business. I used to get fucked go in there just for laughs back in the 90s.

Dongs will be OUT of business when SportsWorld gets going....the people at Dongs are DIKHeads and they are WAY expensive on powder seen them go up on prices over night, rediculous...............

Like I said Powder and primers were ridiculous and some ammo was high but bullet prices beat powder valley and others in some cases. Now that may change but I'll check it out next time I'm up there.

How are y'all's post times already expressed as occurring on March 1?

Anyway, stop buying all that shit until the storm is over.

I was just at Brunos Shooters Supply and they had (2) 8# jugs of Varget for about $175 each.

Just spoke with Midsouth and they told me that 50# was the limit per customer and that they "have plenty".
So I have a few pounds on the way. I will be able to shoot the regional now without buying anymore N150...

Here's the link.

mid south still has it in stock

I was on the phone yesterday with Midsouth about a big order of Varget and H4350 I had placed with them about a month ago and the lady told me that they didn't have any and didn't know when they were getting any. They are waiting for it from the manufacturer and everything is back ordered. What I was told anyway.

Midsouth is now out of stock....
good news is Wideners has it in stock. 1# and 8#ers

Last edited:
PCO's site navigation is pure suckage.

I would avoid Personal Choice Outfitters like the plague. They notoriously charge for items that they dont have in stock, dont answer phone calls or emails, and usually require fraud proceedings with the credit card companies to get your funds credited to your account. That Varget is tempting, but most likely it isnt in stock. I mean fuck, if powder valley, natchez, brunos etc doesnt have it....what is the chance that PCO actually has it. I wont take that risk.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1394713_Anybody_ever_order_from_Personal_Choice_Outfitters_.html

I threw away a 1/4lb of Varget Monday night--along with a over a pound of H1000---some f'ing idiot poured the last of the Varget into the wrong container that was just filled with H1000. Sadly, that idiot was me.

Oooohhh....that hurts man. Makes me feel bad just thinking of it...and we're all 1 brain-fart from away from the same.