• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Detachable Box Magazine kit

Paladin4Christ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
Puget Sound Washington
I have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical, in .308, that I am building to hopefully compete in a few Tactical Rifle shoots, as well as, take the Precision Rifle Courses at Front Sight.

I have a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 5 stock on order and am looking at putting a Detachable Magazine conversion onto it next. I bought the stock from Stocky Stocks and they recommend the Wyatt's Detachable System but I wanted to get some opinions and suggestions on what system to use.

Suggestions? Comments?

Re: Detachable Box Magazine kit

i have a wyatt's on the b&c m40 style stock. it was relatively drop in for me without having to inlet or sand off, which was advertised on the site i bought it from. but the wyatt's mag isnt exactly a perfect fit and has a little play and rattle but it doesnt affect performance and feds perfectly when handled properly. and the rattling doesnt bother me and it barely noticable in the heat of shooting the gun. plus the wyatts is relatively cheap compared to the other dbm systems as far as i know.

hth

May I suggest something tried and true, like the Seekins or CDI dbm setups which use AI mags, quality at affordable price and above all reliable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I suggest something tried and true, like the Seekins or CDI dbm setups which use AI mags, quality at affordable price and above all reliable. </div></div>

Worth a repeat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I suggest something tried and true, like the Seekins or CDI dbm setups which use AI mags, quality at affordable price and above all reliable. </div></div>

^^^ Listen to Marty^^^

Thank you very much. I think I will listen to Marty and check out the Seekins or CDI set ups!

I have found it's always best to defer to the experts, when I have little to no working knowledge.

Thanks!

I started off with a Wyatt's and changed to something that uses AI mags. If nothing else for the simple fact that if your at the range or a match and you loose, break, short on, etc. mags there will always be someone with an extra AI mag
smile.gif

I'll throw in a vote for CDI DBM and Alpha mags. This setup has not given me any problems as far as feeding rounds or running the bolt with the weight of the gun resting on the mag.

The only hang up I have is the Alpha mags swelling a bit when loaded with 10rnds. To fix this, I either take a couple extra seconds to load the mag or I just put 8rnds in the mag.

I have a stiller on mine. it was a little bit less drop in than it is advertised, but still a nice piece. The magazines fit well, and it looks decent

I recommend the CDI DBM. Great customer service.