• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dewey Product Recommendations

I can't speak to their bore guide, but their rods are what I use. I'm not sure what else to say. They push a patch down my barrel without scratching anything or breaking. The bearings in the handle seem to spin well, but I've never compared them to any other cleaning rods. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed, though.

Just bought their AR-15 complete cleaning kit. It has everything you can imagine in it. Looks to be super high quality. They were a pleasure to deal with. I heard many say that Dewey is a quality company.

I use both the rod and bore guide, and I like it. I don't have another product that is very similar to it. The other cleaning rods I've used did not rotate and did not have a jig to make it fit snug in the barrel. They were basically the rods that came in a Hoppe's cleaning kit that I put a patch on and ran through the barrel. There is a night and day difference in how much cleaner the Dewey rod gets my barrels. I will continue using them.

The rods are great as I have been using them for 20 years. I would use nothing but a Lucas guide, or maybe one of the new Sinclairs with the rod guide built in like a Lucas.

I started off with Bore-Techs which are my favorite, and since Dewey started putting a better bearing in their handle seven or eight years back they are a close second. I prefer the Sinclair guides since they are specific for every application and exactly fit the action and chamber. I do not like the "one size fits all" guides at all, just slightly better than no guide at all.

Deweys can be had with a male or female end, and even with the male end they make a female adapter so that the normal jags will work. The good thing about a male end rod is if you break the jag, you just unscrew it unlike a more common female end rod where you might not be able to get the threaded section out of the rod.

If your barrel is longer than 26" & using a bore guide, youll need to get the 44" Dewey, my 6 Creed has a 28" barrel and my 36" wont fit with my Lucas bore guide. So now I got 2 Deweys.

I've had great success with their rods and extended bore guides. I use them on all my rifles (AR15, 223 bolt, 308 bolt). Make sure you measure out the length and get the rod that is just longer than what you need. It makes it a little easier to push through.

Deweys can be had with a male or female end, and even with the male end they make a female adapter so that the normal jags will work. The good thing about a male end rod is if you break the jag, you just unscrew it unlike a more common female end rod where you might not be able to get the threaded section out of the rod.
This. That used to drive me nuts. I have numerous female end rods sitting around with a piece of plastic stuck in the threads. I can't believe I didn't start using the Dewey rods sooner. I guess the price scared me away, but as I became more serious and spent more money on my rifles, I wanted to make sure they were taken care of in the best manner.

I have a Dewey rod for my AR, but only because that's what the LGS happened to have in stock.

I normally buy Tipton rods, and I use a Tipton bore buide.

The reason I prefer Tipton over Dewey is that the Dewey rods are just plastic-coated steel. This means they can bend, and over time the plastic (supposedly) can chip/crack/come off.

Tipton rods are about the same money (especially if you buy them on sale - Midway runs specials every so often), but they are carbon fiber. No bending, no chipping/cracking/etc. Oh, and the Tipton rods are female, and don't require that strange adapter that I can never seem to locate when I need it. LOL

I have been using Dewey for years. If you have any questions regarding what would be best for your rifle just send them your question in an email or call them. Great people.

I started using Lucas bore guides and for my better rifles they are my only choice. Again, great guy to work with.

You are certainly on the right track.

I have a Dewey rod that works well enough but I havent found anything that compares to my carbon fiber Tiptons.