• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DFW area gunsmith for Browning A5

an1913t

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
Ok, so I know this has next to nothing to do with the types of guns we usually discuss here, but a friend of mine from work is looking for a gunsmith in the DFW area to look over his 1930's era Browning A5 shotgun he inherited. For better or worse, I trust the opinions and experiences of folks on here more than any of the other sites I look at. So, any recommendations?

Thanks.

Re: DFW area gunsmith for Browning A5

Call Gene Williams 214 673 5510
He is in Priceton.
He is good.
Thud

Re: DFW area gunsmith for Browning A5

What is he wanting done - an inspection/thorough cleaning? If your friend is good with tools/mechanical things, and has a decent set of driver bits? Download the Browning A-5 Shop Manual. I have a 1936 A-5 that I completely disassembled to the last pin, cleaned, and re-assembled (with no extra parts left over) using the manual. The manual is SxS and was easy to follow. I do stress that proper tools, i.e. gunsmithing screwdrivers, are imperative.

Kevin