• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did Galco steal my design?

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia

The original design was made when I modified. one of their Phoenix revolver holsters to use the Safariland QLS system. The alteration was accomplished by unstitching the holster, adding the mounts, reinforcing the mounting area and then re-stitching.

It turned out really well and I sent them a picture of it along with the modifications I made. The mod allows someone to use ANY of the QLS systems for belt ride, mid ride or thigh rigs. This was about 14 or 15months ago. Anyway, I got an email advertisement from them for their "new" Big Iron holster. It is in my opinion ,essentially, exactly what I sent with except they used a slightly different holster (a modified DAO strongside as opposed to the phoenix). Its not a big deal but I am little salty they did not have the courtesy to mention using my idea.

In two of my pics, you can see the thigh rig, in the other you can see the mid-ride. I also have a belt ride for it. These also work with KT-Mechs universal system.

Screenshot_20210316-064413_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210316-063232_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-112736_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Holliday
honestly bud, all you did was let them know there was a demand. You are far from the first or the last to attach a qls on a holster that doesn’t have the factory hole patterns for one.

Free R&D, what company wouldnt like that.
Hell there are to many companies that dont even test new designs before dumping them onto the market and just deal with failures in the hands of the end users. Uh hum Sig

I think "steal" would be a strong word......especially since YOU sent them the design.