• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did I get ripped off by Optic planet

Had bad experiences with Optics Plants too... and in my experience they're never the cheapst either.

I obsessed to death the last week over a spotting scope and finally just went with the Cronus Athlon Optics Cronus 20-60x86 ED Spotting Scope
thru Doug and Cameraland. I bought through him before and the CS has been top notch. Right now that scope is on Black Friday presale until the 8th of Nov.

I ordered a scope that took three months to get to me. I returned it, and you cannot call, mail, or contact them in any way. Mail gets an error message, calls get cut off. Are they going out of business? They owe me over $800, and its been weeks with ZERO contact. Never again. Midway and Brownells ceom now on.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
I only go to optics planet to look. For a flashlight holder that I bought from them years ago (op didn't have right size) I found the info and got them shipped from Europe in like a week.
Didn't God give you TWO fleshlight holders?

Holy crap. You got your backordered stuff from Optics Planet in 15 days and you were talking about getting ripped off? I ordered an “in stock” item and didn’t receive it for a month. Didn’t stop them from taking that money, though. Even after phone calls and waiting on hold for a half hour they claimed it was “in stock and had been sent to the warehouse for processing.”

That place is a joke. There are 6 people in the world who have had good experiences with them and they spend all their time posting about how “just check if it’s in stock, I got my shit in 6 hours, you have to make sure it’s in stock.” That place sucks balls. Them and Botach both. If I ever order from them again then it means I’ve had a stroke and need immediate medical care.

The one time that I ordered something from them (7-35 ATACR), they loed about inventory and gave me a BS line about lead time, so I cancelled. Instead of refunding me, they shipped it several days later. Had no intentions of giving them my business, and in the end I think it took 4-5 weeks for the charge to reverse on credit card.

Didn't God give you TWO fleshlight holders?
eslhu04-37$01-esp-holster-eslhu04-37-d1.jpg

Internet picture

Not on my belt where I carry my 900 lumen flashlight. Yes I get asked if my flashlight is a light saber. Btw the answer is yes. Also nice cause you can rotate the holder and have your light go out in front of you as it rotates around in different clicky positions (can't think of the term).

Reactions: Aftermath
I think Optics Planet is running a pyramid scheme. They depend on money from new orders to help pay for previous orders. Every once in a while someone gets lucky and they have enough money to actually fill a current order and they know they need to every so often so they can have a few positive “reviews” out there.

View attachment 7464253

Internet picture

Not on my belt where I carry my 900 lumen flashlight. Yes I get asked if my flashlight is a light saber. Btw the answer is yes. Also nice cause you can rotate the holder and have your light go out in front of you as it rotates around in different clicky positions (can't think of the term).

OH!!! You said FLASHlight...