• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did someone say AICSR with Pics/Range Report

Re: Did someone say AICSR(imfire)?! Lots of Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the range report. I have now been inspired to do this myself!</div></div>

Good to hear man! Go for it. I'm glad I was able to spark that drive for you. I know the other guys on here are the ones who inspired me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tic-Tac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the range report. I have now been inspired to do this myself!</div></div>

Good to hear man! Go for it. I'm glad I was able to spark that drive for you. I know the other guys on here are the ones who inspired me! </div></div>

I get a lot of ideas from this forum, just wish this sport wasn't quite so expensive! But I'll survive!

nice setup...

I've been wanting a new stock for my Izhmash 22...this would make one awesome conversion.

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread. It's very informative. I'll be trying to do this exact same conversion (Mark II FV-SR into a Well G96 stock) in the next few weeks. I hope I can pick your brain a bit if you don't mind if i run into trouble?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd think a business-minded guy could have a fairly decent side business selling converted airsoft AICS stocks for Savage Mk.II rifles... </div></div>

wouldnt that be gunsmithing in where you need an FFL? thats one of the reasons why im hesitant </div></div>

You don't need an FFL to make or sell gun stocks

Pretty sure you need a ffl manufaturing license to make and sell stocks for rifles i maybe wrong but atf.gov has all sorts of fine information on being dumb about gun laws

Pretty sure you need a ffl manufaturing license to make and sell stocks for rifles i maybe wrong but atf.gov has all sorts of fine information on being dumb about gun laws

i agree. its better to be safe than sorry. thats why i keep turning down custom projects for people because i dont want to deal with ffl manufacturing license, ITAR fees ($2k+), etc .

id rather just provide free information and let that person DIY or just pay a gunsmith to do the retrofit it. $70 an hour

Really? I'm pretty sure you can even make AR uppers without an FFL, far as i know only the actual "fire arm" i.e. ar lowers, etc. require the FFL man. license. I'd love to know if that's not the case though.

Serial numbered reciever is the no no. Just converting stocks does not require a ffl. You just cant take possession of someones rifle and do the work for profit. Or buy a rifle, convert and sell it for profit without a ffl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just wait for the airsoft conversion haters to chime in about this.

</div></div>

Not a hater....more like indifferent.

But I can tell you poking a stick at them when they vastly outnumber you isnt the wisest thing on this forum.

The HIDE has always been about function over form. And from what I've seen your mods don't promote function. Which is what people have issue with.

Its like guys who dress up like high speed/low drag operators even though they are overweight or completely incompetent with firearms. To them its about dressing up not about becoming proficient shooters. And they get flamed for it.....you are no special case.

If this stock works and improves function and provides form...good job. But I assure you...if it was some total piece of shit you'd likely hear about.
Go ahead and poke the stick at them. What a load of crap. If you so called airsoft conversion haters don't like what he did then keep it to yourself. It happens all to often on the hide where guys put in there 2 cents where it's not asked. If you like what he did then go ahead and post but if you don't then shut your mouth.
It's the sign of a coward when you run your mouth from far away.
When I saw your 300 in the aics I thought you stole mine ( LOL ) for they look almost identical. I like what you did and am contemplating on doing the same for the exact same reason. My only gripe with the conversion is the barrel length, it looks a little short to me. I think a longer barrel would look better but that's just me and NOT trashing you in any way at all. Very good job from the pictures you took. Be proud of what you did for most guys could not even come close to making a build like that. You get a big thumbs up from this old jar head. :)

....My only gripe with the conversion is the barrel length, it looks a little short to me....

I was thinking the same thing but i think the whole point of the SR (16" threaded) is attaching a can. so with the can it should be just about right. Plus with .22LR anything over 16" is basically wasted anyway. I'm hoping to find a fv-sr somewhere for not way over retail but they're in short supply. TRR-SRs are more available but then you've got 22" barrel and an expensive stock that won't even be used.

Last edited:
Do you guys even read what dfoos wrote?

This conversion could be for "function" and if so, roll on. But when you start talking about looks because of barrel length it, it sure seems like "form" to me. The OP shoots a centerfire in an AI chassis, so this "conversion" will help with muscle memory. . Most that shove a rimfire in a plastic toy don't.

Last I checked, this site was about precision shooting. The "tacticool" junk doesn't belong and I'll continue to laugh at the bullshit 10/22s sitting in hollowed out squirt guns that can't shoot for anything.

I was thinking the same thing but i think the whole point of the SR (16" threaded) is attaching a can. so with the can it should be just about right. Plus with .22LR anything over 16" is basically wasted anyway. I'm hoping to find a fv-sr somewhere for not way over retail but they're in short supply. TRR-SRs are more available but then you've got 22" barrel and an expensive stock that won't even be used.

Since I live in stinking New York we are not even allowed to think about a suppressor or our lousy government will put you in jail for the rest of your life. Slight exaggeration but close to the truth. I love that there are guys out there that think " outside the box" and make a toy into something else. I would never have thought about doing this on my own. I will try to do a similar conversion this spring.

Well after weeks of searching for a FV-SR i finally gave up and bought a TRR-SR....then not 10min later i get a notice that Buds now has the FV-SR in stock! DAMN... had to buy that too. I've never done any gunsmithing work so this will be my first stab at it. Still not really sure what's involved but i hope once i have the receiver and stock in my hands i can figure out the description and pics.