• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did you Backorder?

nhdeadhead

Felony Farmer
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Anyone else patiently waiting for something they backordered to come in?

I succumbed to my search back in October for a Noveske Ghetto Blaster and ended up placing a deposit to secure a spot in line of what was a 22 week backorder. Needless to say I’m still waiting and have yet to hear of any progress and beginning to worry if that atrocious deadline will even be met or if I may get lucky and get the call any earlier.

I’ve never back ordered a firearm, I assumed I would forget about it and my future self would appreciate the gesture when my lgs calls to say it has arrived but I find myself counting the days/weeks awaiting its arrival.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: bunny too
Not a back order, but I’m waiting on a couple of cans. Expect to see them this fall... I’d like to say I can forget, but I remember every day...

Reactions: Rog2069
Yes, I am backordered on everything. Zero press, Redding VLD stem, Redding holders, 16 pounds of VV 565, my barreled action, a GG Hawk knife, a ballistic helmet, two suppressors, two hundred Lapua cases, a 21st century neck lathe. Probably some other stuff I can not remember right now.

Reactions: BigBlastin300win
I've had 2k bullets on backorder since September.

I've had @ 3K rifle bullets of various types on BO since early November. Been receiving the 9mm but had to wait 3 months. The new normal for some time it seems.

Ordered a 1000 9mm 124gr in early July. Was due in September but has been pushed out multiple time now. The new predicted date for delivery is now April 25th........I expect it to be pushed out again though.

I have a bunch of ammo on back order or in the case of Prime just waiting on him to get bullets again and ship this July.

I put in back orders at Creedmoor Sports as I like them and they take the back order without charging you anything.

I have no reason to believe that they will actually be fulfilled anytime in my lifetime, but it didn't cost anything or do any harm so I placed them.

Ordered Noveske Ghetto Blaster 5/4 and it delivered 8/19

San Swiss 553 ordered 7/16 and it shipped to my dealer this week.

Waiting on a Rifle Dynamics Garand Thumb 9/21 with the expectation it would take 6+ months

I think I will order a JP 18" today and I'm also hearing 6+ months

I've had a few things backordered, but luckily I've received them after just a few weeks. Nothing major.

Good luck to those still waiting.

You're only at 17 weeks at the most. Still have 5 weeks until you can freak out.

Been waiting on a JP BCG since July. Other than that a custom holster ordered in October which is still within the estimated time.

Hate to be a miserable snyic but---

Some companies charge your card and not in a hurry they got your money.

Some dont charge you till it ships a much better practice.

And some by the time they get to you, the market price has raised so your order has been lost, oopsy.

The waiting / notification process has overwhelmed some vendors and several vendors systems have crashed.

I scored 3 boxes of bullets today at midway and they seemed to be about 20% more.

That didn't seem unreasonable.

I did recieve a 30 cal turning mandrell that was on backorder for about four months.

I don't back order much of anything.

yeah, waiting sux!!! as a lefty though i am accustomed to it but still hate it.

We have 4 different back ordered items and totally expect them to be dropped before the shipment arrives , after the company has held the money for 5 months but on the off chance they do make it to me Id be really happy lol . Pay to play roll the dice and take your chances . That does not mean if I find more for sale online I won't pick it up too cause the more powder , primers , and bullets I can get the merrier my life could be . Too little is not enough and too much well there is never too much . Good luck to you what ever you decide to do .

We have 4 different back ordered items and totally expect them to be dropped before the shipment arrives , after the company has held the money for 5 months but on the off chance they do make it to me Id be really happy lol . Pay to play roll the dice and take your chances . That does not mean if I find more for sale online I won't pick it up too cause the more powder , primers , and bullets I can get the merrier my life could be . Too little is not enough and too much well there is never too much . Good luck to you what ever you decide to do .

I can't see ammo components being available for at least the next 6 months. They've already waid they are using all of their components for their ammo lines. If that's the case, I doubt you'll see reloading supplies for some time.

Reactions: acudaowner
I ordered a shot timer and at the time the guy said it was a 2 to 3 week wait.

6 weeks later and not a peep. I emailed them twice and no response.

thank god for other methods of getting what one needs .

I had a couple barrels on order for 7+ months and I finally had to cancel those orders cause I need to shoot. Found another source that had almost what I need so whatever.
Not all bad though. In the last month I’ve had two back orders come in and now I have 16# of N570 and ADG 300 PRC brass🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: acudaowner
Ordered the Mark 5 with new reticle. Still waiting even though some have shipped.
I'm debating doing the same thing now. Emailed Leupold today to see if they could provide any sense of timeframe.

I'm debating doing the same thing now. Emailed Leupold today to see if they could provide any sense of timeframe.

You and about a bazillion other folks. I don't know how these companies account for backorders. Do they fill them before any go out to the distributors, or are the distributor the intity handling the backorders?

Hate to be a miserable snyic but---

Some companies charge your card and not in a hurry they got your money.

Some dont charge you till it ships a much better practice.

And some by the time they get to you, the market price has raised so your order has been lost, oopsy.

The waiting / notification process has overwhelmed some vendors and several vendors systems have crashed.

I scored 3 boxes of bullets today at midway and they seemed to be about 20% more.

That didn't seem unreasonable.

I did recieve a 30 cal turning mandrell that was on backorder for about four months.

I don't back order much of anything.
Midsouth does not bill your card with a backorder, but since I haven't received anything yet, I don't know if the original price will be honored even though it still appears on the order at present.

I also have a can in jail but at least it was in stock and it’s just waiting on the paperwork. The noveske needs a form 4 as well so I’m just waiting to wait. I see a ton of items on backorder all over the market and have been hesitant to jump in line as the shipping dates are unknown or crazy long

Leupold Mark 3 HD, ordered that on the 8th.
Sunday placed an order for a 12.5" Triarc barrel, see if I like it more than my 12.5" Criterion. Who knows when that will arrive. At least Triarc charged me, I hate surprise billings. Also waiting on a Nomad Ti, but that isn't a backorder.

Yes, I am backordered on everything. Zero press, Redding VLD stem, Redding holders, 16 pounds of VV 565, my barreled action, a GG Hawk knife, a ballistic helmet, two suppressors, two hundred Lapua cases, a 21st century neck lathe. Probably some other stuff I can not remember right now.
Can I come drink some beer with you lol :)

Midsouth does not bill your card with a backorder, but since I haven't received anything yet, I don't know if the original price will be honored even though it still appears on the order at present.
I've had a few on backorder at Midsouth and one currently. The first one was September to December.
The honored the original price and as you said, no charge till your item ships.
I'm very much liking that company.

The bullets I ordered earlier today are now sold out and no back order, from midway.

You need a quick draw on the keyboard, damn.

I've got a bbl on order for about 13 weeks now as well as a Giraud trimmer for 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Burned a Vortex 50% Cert on the new Fury AB mid-January and they said 5-6 months backordered, fingers crossed...

Ordered a custom M40A1 from chpws on 04-2020 now gonna be built by Paul McCoy. (Chpws is no longer doing rifles) I am hoping she gets in before july. Also on jan first placed a backorder for q honey badger pistol. They are saying 15 mo.
I believe the expression the kids are using is yeet

1500 rounds of BH 77 TMK (6-8 month lead) but at least I’m on the short list

90-120 wait day wait for 31a’s 😐

I’ve had a bunch of stuff on order for the last 8 months. It sucks but it’s just how things are at the moment. Preorders, backorders etc either wait till they are in stock and run the risk of missing out and then having to order and wait even longer or just bite the bullet from the start. Or worse the only way you can get it is to order and wait for it to be made like a manners stock or something. Just how it is.

I've had a few on backorder at Midsouth and one currently. The first one was September to December.
The honored the original price and as you said, no charge till your item ships.
I'm very much liking that company.
Yeah, I like midsouth too.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
Anybody else experiencing a lot of bad QC? I can remember a purchase in the last year or even two that I haven't had to contact CS. CS has always been spot on though.

Mile High has the Zero Press in stock. I ordered one about a week ago and it already arrived.

My son is having a Benelli M2 built for 3 gun and he is over a year just for the parts. The dealer has the shotgun. I told him to cancel and I'd build it for him fast than that. But he is in California and I'm in Maryland.

Father Doesn't Know Best...

Anybody else experiencing a lot of bad QC? I can remember a purchase in the last year or even two that I haven't had to contact CS. CS has always been spot on though.
Yep, particularly on barrels. 2020 and prior there would be about 20 barrels per year out of 2000 that had to go back due to problems. Currently, just over 20 are going back in the last two months.

I ordered a AMG shot timer 12/23/21. Still on backorder and won’t answer any emails.
The communication from that company royally sucks. I will do what others did for me.

Go join "pistol forum" and send a message to Alex. I think his handle is alexmg or something like that. When I get home I can make sure. He's fairly active there I guess and at least checks messages. Also they have a long ongoing thread over there about these timers.

Honestly that's pretty much the only way I got mine at all.

FWIW the company is not efficient at all, but I do think the timer is well worth it.

Reactions: NodakBarbarian
I backordered two AEM5s in June of 21. I've been hearing mine are in the next batch for the last several months