• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dies for .338 lapua

bug guy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
ca
just picked an a forster press for doing my .338 lapua stuff ..are the forster dies any good? or any any sugestions on some decent die sets...thanks

Redding Competition Dies for sure.

I use them for all the rifles that I hand load for.

If just reloading for plinking, I use basic RCBS dies.

I use Forster micrometer and FL sizing dies. Work fantastically.
Also use RCBS Match dies (FL, neck sizing and micrometer seating)
I would recommend either brand.

Forster for FL and seating. They'll do just as good of a job as Redding, but they're less expensive.

I've gone through a wide variety of dies over the years and have generally settled on Redding competition series dies for all of my precision loads. I really like the RCBS competition seater dies with the window, but all of the sizing dies I go for Redding S Dies.

yeah I see the forster dies are 1/2 the price of the redding...the forster mic series just under $150 and the redding with the mic are $300+...looking to get one of the 2 just not sure if the redding's are worth double the cost

I believe it's fairly common knowledge (or it was anyway, back in the day) that Redding copied Forster-Bonanza's design.

I use the Forster FL and a Forster Ultra seater. I've had really good results with these dies with concentricity and repetitive seating depth.

I have thought about getting a Redding bushing neck die to try out but havent been able to find one in stock. With the accuracy I've obtained in my GAP, i'm not even realy sure if it matters but I'm anal like that, so I'll probably try the bushing die and will continue to use my forster seater die.

yeah I see the forster dies are 1/2 the price of the redding...the forster mic series just under $150 and the redding with the mic are $300+...looking to get one of the 2 just not sure if the redding's are worth double the cost

I'm not really sure they are. The forster has always been very consistent for me. I'm not one to make decisions based on price, per say, and I chose the Forster because they are tried in true from my own personal experiences.

In the end, I think you will be happy with the Forsters, I really do.

thanks for everyones imput....think ill give the forester dies try

I've gone through a wide variety of dies over the years and have generally settled on Redding competition series dies for all of my precision loads. I really like the RCBS competition seater dies with the window, but all of the sizing dies I go for Redding S Dies.

+1 on dogtowns views. I love the Redding S dies and body die for sizing chores then the RCBS comp seater with window. AMAZING SET UP!

I went with Forster for my 338 (to use with the coax) and found them to be superb. Great consistency and would happily recommend them as a very good alternative to Redding.