• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Difference between 6.5 Saum vs 6.5 Saum 4s?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Looking at a rifle that has a 6.5 cm barrel and a 6.5 saum barrel. I don’t reload but I see that prime has 6.5 saum 4s Ammo available, can I run 6.5 saum 4s Ammo in a 6.5 saum chambered barrel?

Title doesn’t match post.

Looking at a rifle that has a 6.5 cm barrel and a 6.5 saum barrel. I don’t reload but I see that prime has 6.5 saum 4s Ammo available, can I run 6.5 saum 4s Ammo in a 6.5 saum chambered barrel?
Maybe, you need to know the reamer specs for the reamer used to chamber your barrel before that can be accurately answered. There is no standard for a 6.5 SAUM chamber.

Title says SAUM post says Creedmoor. Which is it?

So, Creedmoor, and SAUM. Got it.

The rifle has two barrels one of them is a 6.5 saum, I’m asking about Ammo for that barrel.

6.5 SAUM fits 6.5 SAUM.

saum and Gap 4s are the same. When GA Precision had Hornady make brass they named it GAP 4S meaning "Gnats Ass Precision Super Secret Squirrel Shit" I have 2, one marked 6.5 saum and the other gap 4s, I use ADG 6.5 saum brass in both. I have also used Hornady and Bertram in both. Lots of different reamer specs for the saum/4s but they all use the same brass.

I did a lot of research on this a while back and when ga precision released the 6.5 gap 4s the reamer specs had a .81 freebore designed for 140 Berger hybrids more or less. Now they use longer freebores since heavy for caliber bullets have come out. But yes 6.5 Saum and gap 4s are interchangeable