Suppressors Diligent Defense Co, the can that recently showed up at the top of the Pew’s rankings

Supersubes

Heathen
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    A friend of mine tipped me off to a new manufacturer in March called Diligent Defense Co. https://diligentdefense.com/

There isnt a ton written about them since they just opened in January, but they've been in the form 1 kit business for a while.

Tbac did include one of their cans in a recent 300blk sbr sound test which they posted here on the hide, but there wasn't any discussion about them. Most surprising about Diligent was the fact that the largest of their cans, the Enticer L Ti, topped the shooters ear rankings on Pewscience.com using a supersonic .308.

They make basically four cans in 7.62mm. Two different lengths (8.25" and 7.75") in steel or titanium construction. all are 1.625" in diameter, and all have HUB rear threads. The features and performance come at a very reasonable price point as well. a Ti L without a mount and mill finish is $905. For comparison, the DA Nomad LT is $1100, and a Thunder Beast Ultra 9 is about the same as the DA. I appreciate light weigh small POI shift cans, and these appear to match the Tbac in that regard, see below.

I’m most interested in the Ti variants for precision rifle, so I got one of each. The Ti cans are extremely light at 7.7 and 9.6 ounces without a mount. Both have symmetrical blast baffles, asymmetrical baffles in the center of the stack, and the forward most baffle is symmetrical. I'm no suppressor designer, so i'm sure there are design elements i'm missing. The end caps thread on and center up via a steep taper, which is unique in my experience. The end caps have a flash suppression feature as well, which I haven't tested. All of their cans are are rated to 300 WM with a 10.5" barrel.

The finish shown below is called “Mill Finish”. They're also available in black and FDE for additional cost. They can also be had with no mount for some additional savings for those that are already vested in another mount system.

While I don't do a lot of social media, check them on Instagram, they're pretty sporty. They also have some funny T-shirts.

Its hard to make a can unique and interesting externally, but these are definitely attractive.
    1654181903406.jpeg

1654181932578.jpeg

1654181956225.jpeg

Blast baffle
    1654181974093.jpeg

1654181998615.jpeg

1654182022392.jpeg

1654182040292.jpeg

1654182056738.jpeg

Ultra 7 and 338 Ultra for comparison
    1654182216366.jpeg

Pew rankings sorted by shooters ear.
    1654182233919.jpeg

I probably should have put some rounds through them before this, as both blew some goo onto my labradar, and may have caused some deviation on the first shot of the L. I added some rounds to the L string because of it. All were shot with area 419 universal adapters and mounts, and no zero changes were made between cans. The grid spacing on the target is .1 mil. I’m pleased that there was so little shift between them and the Tbac U7/30, which is zeroed on this rifle. They both appear accurate. Very rudimentary test of course. Sound performance was good, with the S being slightly quieter than the U7, and I couldn't really tell the difference between the Gen 1 338U and the L Ti. I spent some time spinning around in circles and shooting into distant hillsides to try and isolate the character of each without terrain reverberations. The 338 U must be quieter using telemetry, I just couldn't hear it.

1654182496375.jpeg

I’ll get some more testing in as time allows. Diligent appears to have made a very solid entrance into the ultra light Ti can market for precision shooting. If one doesn't care about weight, the steel Enticer L with no mount is $600.

Full disclosure I am a dealer, but NOT a hide seller so don't ask. I also did this review independent of Diligent. Hit up your local dealer and have them contact Diligent. Very easy for them to set up an account via the website and order in a suppressor for you. Below is a dealer list with existing dealers, but this isn't a complete list.

Last edited:

Supersubes

Heathen
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    Based on low round count testing it looks like the TBAC 338 kicked the crap out of the other ones in group size.
    That was a small group indeed. Kind of at the limits of my ability to shoot frankly, and there’s no cherry picking here. Impressive that all the shots from the first three cans went into ~ .75 moa. Overall a very small sample size.

The King

Back to the Range
    Banned !
    Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    That was a small group indeed. Kind of at the limits of my ability to shoot frankly, and there’s no cherry picking here. Impressive that all the shots from the first three cans went into ~ .75 moa. Overall a very small sample size.
    I am beginning to lightly experiment with the possibility that suppressor position messes with barrel harmonics....and most cans still deliver the same performance as a raw muzzle harmonics aside. Adjusting exact can position with shims is how its gonna get tested.

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    E
    I am beginning to lightly experiment with the possibility that suppressor position messes with barrel harmonics....and most cans still deliver the same performance as a raw muzzle harmonics aside. Adjusting exact can position with shims is how its gonna get tested.
    Ermahgerd. *Starts shrimping vigorously....

• Haha
    Reactions: SmolPP and kthomas

tydex21

Sleepy
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2018
    A friend of mine tipped me off to a new manufacturer in March called Diligent Defense Co. https://diligentdefense.com/

There isnt a ton written about them since they just opened in January. Tbac did include one of their cans in a recent 300blk sbr sound test which they posted here on the hide. Most surprising was the fact that the largest of their cans, the Enticer L Ti, topped the shooters ear rankings on Pewscience.com using a supersonic .308.

They make basically four cans. Two different lengths, in steel or titanium construction. All have HUB rear threads, and can he ordered with or without Diligent’s direct thread adapter. The features and performance come at a very reasonable price point. I’m most interested in the Ti variants for precision rifle, so I got one of each. The Ti cans are extremely light at 7.7 and 9.6 ounces without a mount. Both have symetrical blast baffles, asymetrical baffles in the center of the stack, and the forward most baffle is symmetrical. The end caps thread on, and center up via a steep taper.

The finish shown below is called the “Mill Finish”. They're also available in black and FDE for additional cost.

View attachment 7883116

View attachment 7883117

View attachment 7883118

Blast baffle
    View attachment 7883119

View attachment 7883120

View attachment 7883122

View attachment 7883123
    View attachment 7883124

View attachment 7883126

Sorted for shooters ear
    View attachment 7883127

I probably should have put some rounds through them before this, as both blew some goo onto my labradar, and may have caused some deviation on the forst shot of the L. I added some rounds to the L string because of it. All were shot with area 419 universal adapters and mounts, and no zero changes were made. The grid spacing on the target is .1 mil. I’m pleased that there was so little shift between them, and they both appear accurate. Very rudimentary test of course Sound performance was good, with the S being slightly quieter than the U7, and I couldn't really tell the difference between the 338U and the L.

View attachment 7883129
    Awesome right up and thanks for the info about the new cans! I’m excited to try and see one in the wild. Also, that target is absolutely sick. It seems like it takes a lot of guessing out of things. Do you know where those can be purchased? Thanks!

Supersubes

Heathen
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    Awesome right up and thanks for the info about the new cans! I’m excited to try and see one in the wild. Also, that target is absolutely sick. It seems like it takes a lot of guessing out of things. Do you know where those can be purchased? Thanks!
    I added a link to their dealer page in the OP, but you can also give your local dealer a heads up and see if they’ll bring one in. Super easy for them to set up an dealer account.

Last edited:
    Reactions: tydex21

Conqueror

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 28, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    You think subes is a spammer?
    I mean, the guy sells the things to make money so there’s an immediate conflict of interest, and the post is laying it on pretty thick with gems like “these are definitely attractive” about some metal tubes. I’m sure it’s a fine product but “Hey guys, here’s an unsolicited and extremely positive review of a product I just happen to sell” is awfully spammy in general. I appreciate his disclosure at the end and in general I have no issue with this thread but it does kinda read like ad copy.

Reactions: Charger442

spife7980

Luchador
    Minuteman
    Feb 10, 2017
    Central TX
    I mean, the guy sells the things to make money so there’s an immediate conflict of interest, and the post is laying it on pretty thick with gems like “these are definitely attractive” about some metal tubes. I’m sure it’s a fine product but “Hey guys, here’s an unsolicited and extremely positive review of a product I just happen to sell” is awfully spammy in general. I appreciate his disclosure at the end and in general I have no issue with this thread but it does kinda read like ad copy.
    It is in no way spamming. You could call it a lot of things but spam is the one that this thread isn’t.

Reactions: SmolPP

Supersubes

Heathen
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    Not the first time ive done reviews of stuff. Been doing them for years actually, since long before I was in this business. I dont sell commercially here either, so if someone wants one they're going to have to go to their dealer for one. This leads to another point. Frequently members here cant find certain suppressors or their local dealer carries only certain makes. Ive long told people to directly ask their local shop about new products, and to bring those products in if necessary, because its just too easy. Sometimes availability of certain items are so backlogged that it will take longer to get the can than it will for the ATF to approve a paper form 4, which is unfortunate. I considered doing the exact same type of review for Otter Creek stuff, which fits in the same space as diligent, but some members here beat me to it. In fact the Otter creek stuff created much more of a splash here when they tested well on Pew. There wasnt a peep for Diligent as far as I could tell.

Its funny you mention the attractive suppressor line I wrote. I get what you mean. I never really cared since I run covers on everything, until I saw a CGS Hyperion. Such a cool and interesting high performance can. I think they were trying to be different with the aesthetics, but OMG that thing looks awful. Just sets the standard for ugly. Tbac occupies the other end of that spectrum for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

FuhQ

Unreconstructed
    Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Your Wife's Pussy
    I felt it was a solid review with good thorough details. Could it appear to some as ad copy? Sure, being that he's a dealer, and some of the verbiage could appear sort of salesman-like. But I definitely wouldn't call it spam. I've not had any experience with one yet, but I've actually heard all the same things on social media about them...I've followed them for quite a while now. They seem like solid units, and I do like the looks of them (although I would probably opt for the black finish, personally). I'm interested in giving one of the TI or LTI cans a try.

AirgunnerPCP

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 16, 2020
    Charlotte
    One of these will probably be next can. The LTi looks like it would pair really well with a bolt gun. I saw on their site that they offer it in black and without a mount in the rear. That would be my ideal configuration so I can save a bit of money and use a Xeno mount.

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    Some people....beers to wet, pussy's too cold....

Hey Supersubes! F you for showing me a cool new suppressor and a place to buy it! I like not knowing about shit and if I do find out, I would rather struggle on my own figuring out where it's available.

Last edited:

tydex21

Sleepy
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2018
    I’m sold. Now my biggest issue is deciding between the L and the S…

tydex21

Sleepy
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2018

There isnt a ton written about them since they just opened in January, but they've been in the form 1 kit business for a while.

Tbac did include one of their cans in a recent 300blk sbr sound test which they posted here on the hide. Most surprising was the fact that the largest of their cans, the Enticer L Ti, topped the shooters ear rankings on Pewscience.com using a supersonic .308.

They make basically four cans in 7.62mm. Two different lengths in steel or titanium construction. All have HUB rear threads, and can he ordered with or without Diligent’s direct thread adapter. The features and performance come at a very reasonable price point as well. Thunderbeast is the reference standard in this part of the market, but for many shooters they're a little spendy. I appreciate light weigh small POI shift cans, and these appear to match the tbac in that regard.

I’m most interested in the Ti variants for precision rifle, so I got one of each. The Ti cans are extremely light at 7.7 and 9.6 ounces without a mount. Both have symetrical blast baffles, asymetrical baffles in the center of the stack, and the forward most baffle is symmetrical. Im no suppressor designer, so im sure there are design elements im missing. The end caps thread on and center up via a steep taper, which is unique in my experience. The end caps have a flash suppression feature as well, which I haven't tested.

The finish shown below is called “Mill Finish”. They're also available in black and FDE for additional cost.

While I dont do a lot of social media, check them on instagram, they're pretty sporty. They also have some great T-shirts.

Its hard to make a can unique and interesting externally, but these are definitely attractive. View attachment 7883116

View attachment 7883117

View attachment 7883118

Blast baffle
    View attachment 7883119

View attachment 7883120

View attachment 7883122

View attachment 7883123
    View attachment 7883124

View attachment 7883126

Pew rankings sorted by shooters ear.
    View attachment 7883127

I probably should have put some rounds through them before this, as both blew some goo onto my labradar, and may have caused some deviation on the first shot of the L. I added some rounds to the L string because of it. All were shot with area 419 universal adapters and mounts, and no zero changes were made between cans. The grid spacing on the target is .1 mil. I’m pleased that there was so little shift between them and the Tbac U7, and they both appear accurate. Very rudimentary test of course. Sound performance was good, with the S being slightly quieter than the U7, and I couldn't really tell the difference between the Gen 1 338U and the L Ti. I spent some time spinning around in circles and shooting into distant hillsides to try and isolate the character of each without terrain reverberations. The 338 U must be quieter using telemetry, I just couldn't hear it.

View attachment 7883129

I’ll get some more testing in as time allows. Diligent appears to have made a very solid entrance into the ultra light ti can market for precision shooting.

Full disclosire I am a dealer, but NOT a hide seller so dont ask. I also did this review independant of Diligent. Hit up your local dealer and have them contact Diligent. Very very easy for them to set up an account and order in a suppressor for you. Below is a dealer list with existing dealers, but this isn't a complete list.

How was the recoil impulse on these compared to the TBAC’s?

tydex21

Sleepy
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2018
    Yet another non-discriminator lol. Thanks very much though!

E. Bryant

STABILITRAK ACTIVE
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI
    That’s not something I've ever been very in tune with. They all feel the same to me.

How you can say such a thing about the substantial recoil impulse of the 25 Creedmoor delivered through a lightweight weapon system? You must be one of those "tough guys" from the good ol' days that grandma used to tell me about.

Thanks for the detailed review. Those cans in the "naked" finish sure look purdy nice.

E. Bryant

STABILITRAK ACTIVE
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI

Is the hypothesis that the impact on barrel harmonics is caused simply by the mass of the suppressor, or by the clocking of baffle clips/ports, or some combination of the two, or other factors that I haven't considered?

I'm quite interested to see the setup and results of this experiment.

The King

Back to the Range
    Banned !
    Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    Is the hypothesis that the impact on barrel harmonics is caused simply by the mass of the suppressor, or by the clocking of baffle clips/ports, or some combination of the two, or other factors that I haven't considered?

I'm quite interested to see the setup and results of this experiment.
    Do you remember the Browning BOSS system? Or barrel tuners? These things supposedly work (I have not tried them) and aren't a gimmick.

I realized earlier that if you can move a muzzle brake a few thousandths of an inch and tighten up groups seriously a suppressor should do the same.

Reactions: Waco Kid

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Some people....beers to wet, pussy's too cold....

Hey Supersubes! F you for showing me a cool new suppressor and a place to buy it! I like not knowing about shit and if I do find out, I would rather struggle on my own figuring out where it's available.
    Exactly