• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dillon Trim die, needs the neck opened up

1lnbrdg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
Louisiana
I have a .223 Dillon trim/resizing die. Looking for someone to open it up so it doesnt squeeze the neck down so much. Anyone do this kind of work?

Re: Dillon Trim die, needs the neck opened up

Dillon hardens those dies so you may have issues having this done .

Re: Dillon Trim die, needs the neck opened up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1lnbrdg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a .223 Dillon trim/resizing die. Looking for someone to open it up so it doesnt squeeze the neck down so much. Anyone do this kind of work? </div></div>

Nah dude, don't fu*k with it. Just run a die with an expander ball on the first station of your press once you go to load them. I deprime on station 1, trim on 3(with a 550B) and then swap toolheads over to load, so my prep is all done with the exception of expanding the neck, so.....yeah.

Btw, on the deprime station(if I'm doing .223) I have a .22-250 die in with a turned down deprimer/expander ball(so it isn't necking it up, then down in the trim/size die. No need to work harden your brass while you're prepping it. Die nor expander touch the case, only the decapping pin
wink.gif