• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Discreet gun case gas gun

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Can't seem to decide between the following:
1. BlackHawke
2. Maxpedition
3. Galetti International

Anyone with any experience in any of these? I would like the Eagle, but just can't justify the price. Also they don't have one in 42". Thanks for your input.

Re: Discreet gun case gas gun

I don't know that you can really call bags from any of those manufacturers discrete. To really be discrete, I think the gun must be broken down for transport. I've had good luck with using these from Castle Rock Tactical. They come in seriously civilian colors (even purple) and do not look like gun bags at all. 16" uppers or 10.5" with can are about as big as will fit, but also has 8 internal mag pockets.

http://www.castlerocktactical.com/crt_dc16.htm

At $115 they're not cheap, but they are very good quality. May not be what you're looking for though.

Study music, learn guitar and check out the cases they come in. A couple stickers from your local music shop will be great cammo......until you take it to the range
laugh.gif

FWIW I have a friend who is fond of long guns and motorcycles. He used to get pulled constantly on the way to the range w/ a gun case, now he just get's funny looks when he shows up at the range with a guitar case.

Cheers,

Doc

Look at some electric piano/synthsizer case.

Get a flock of segulls haircut to really sell it.

I've always wanted to modify an acoustic guitar case. It would definitely fit the bill as discreet.

Thanks everyone for the input. definitely has more options to consider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When this comes out, I am going carry my SBR in it.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...ce=&status= </div></div>

Looks nice, the only issue would be the Noveske trade mark stamp, anyone who knows anything about quality would peg it in a heart beat.

Most people wouldn't give it a second thought. And you pretty much have to know ARs to know that logo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with ^ avoid blacks, tans and greens. I have the case below and it is bright obnoxious red.
Discreet Case
p3014440.jpg

covertred800.jpg
</div></div>Weren't these offered in blue also?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always wanted to modify an acoustic guitar case. It would definitely fit the bill as discreet.</div></div>
LWRC guitar discreet case
18.jpg

1256385174.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome. Problem solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here in Vermont, we have an easy solution.

snowboard.jpg

Ski bags and snowboard bags are dime a dozen. Snowboard holds gas gun. Ski bag holds long gun. Buy them on eBay all day long.

Say 'Stoked' a lot and noone will ever know.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

Yea us Vermonters Love to Ski LOL

In florida a guitar case or a golf bag cover can work wonders. Just depends if you are singing on the beach or yelling fore at the course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbags</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When this comes out, I am going carry my SBR in it.

Looks nice, the only issue would be the Noveske trade mark stamp, anyone who knows anything about quality would peg it in a heart beat. </div></div>

that said, but anyone that knows anything about ARs, and Quality probably woouln't give two shits that your carrying anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbags</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When this comes out, I am going carry my SBR in it.

Looks nice, the only issue would be the Noveske trade mark stamp, anyone who knows anything about quality would peg it in a heart beat. </div></div>

If you are younger then carry around a skateboard and you will be incognito.
img_independent.jpg