• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dissolve the NRA!

HousePlant

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2020

I am not a particularly huge fan of the NRA. I find the organization to be ineffective and I believe Wayne needed to go a decade ago. He's like a big box church pastor.

Hopefully the NRA ousts this guy and brings someone in that can get gritty and work hard to protect our 2A rights. I would not be alive today without them.

Perhaps they'll focus on the Clinton Foundation and the Gates Foundation next. Yeah right...

They mail me letters incessantly offering a $60,000+ truck giveaway then the next week the following letter says the Democrats are about to bankrupt them in court. Also get calls once a month begging for donations.

Then I have to read about Wayne spending $300,000 of company money on suits over the last 15 years.

Sick of it.

Wayne has used the NRA as his personal piggy bank for years.

The organization is sending desperate mailers because they are upside down as an operating entry. Since 2017 they have incurred expenses greater than their income.

Wayne’s salary is $950+K with an $150K bonus. On numerous occasions he has taken tripps costing in excess of $500K. All on the NRA’s dime.

If it were not for our gun clubs compulsory membership requirements, I would have ditched the NRA years ago.

The NRA needs new leadership and renewed dedication to your Constitutionally protected right!

Last edited:
    Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Al things must pass and so will the NRA. When it all comes down to money and power, someone with more money or more power (or both) will oust ya.

Like a lot of things, the NRA had it's day....it was all that stood between US and firearms restrictions. Now they are all about "The Money" and have not kept pace with new fangled ideas about how to keep the Anti's off our backs. But Boy Howdy does they have the $ to pony up money and power to the head weenies. My money and our money.

Fucking cheaters.

VooDoo

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I could give 2 shits about the nra, but the attorney general of NY is suing on whose behalf? Sounds like a skunk pissing on a fox inside a chicken coop.

Reactions: Wading
    If the NRA is gonna survive it needs to get to 2A friendly territory...Texas or whatever. The Far East is no place for pro firearm citizens.

VooDoo

I could give 2 shits about the nra, but the attorney general of NY is suing on whose behalf? Sounds like a skunk pissing on a fox inside a chicken coop.
    I saw her on FoxNews saying her attempt on suing the NRA is not political. What a mountain pile of BS.

I saw her on FoxNews saying her attempt on suing the NRA is not political. What a mountain pile of BS.
    Yeah, cannot see her concern for gun owners, maybe she thinks she has something by proving that gun org's are crooked by winning, but I am lost. I'd bet almost all non profits have some crooked shit going on.

We didnt have the NRA in Australia - we had no representation when they took everything away. thank god you have some influence. Am a NRA life member, happy with what i see - nope, glad there is someone in DC reminding these POS politicians of our rights - yes.

The first step to conquering is to divide.

I think the NRA as it's ran today is a necessary evil. Get rid of Wayne and install REAL 2A board of directors, elect a real 2A president and we'll talk. But until then, the NRA is dead to me.

You can see by the voting method they use and the candidates that keep being re elected that the NRA voting demographics is primarily fudd dumbshits.

Fudd dumbshits are generally older, mostly still think you dont need an AR and the 2nd Amendment is for your tirdy augh six hunting rifle. They're also a demographic that is dying off.

I dont see the NRA lasting after peak Fudd.

Yeah, cannot see her concern for gun owners, maybe she thinks she has something by proving that gun org's are crooked by winning, but I am lost. I'd bet almost all non profits have some crooked shit going on.
    She's only interested in climbing the political ladder so to say, Imagine the accolade that would be given to her if she succeed ? She will be the black liberal champion. Could take her straight up to VP.

Get rid of the flash.

Go back to teaching marksmanship, safety, and the truth about the Second Amendment.

The NRA should expand and nationalize the Appleseed curriculum. Bring the emphasis to preparedness for National Security by training the population with firearms "in common use" among the best equipped infantry unit.

Any and all infringement should be resisted - 5 million members is a lot of clout - law abiding citizens should not be restricted from their freedoms.

We can not afford to lose that organization but it must be reformed.

There may have some wrongdoing at the NRA, but this lawsuit is purely a political attack by another left-wing anti-gunner. The timing alone is proof enough. I have to support ANY organization which even remotely purports to support gun rights. If there was wrongdoing it is up to the NRA to straighten it out, not some rabid, radical liberal prosecutor, ala St. Louis. This is just another example of liberals using government against their political opponents, which has become way too familiar a theme.

Last edited:
    There may have some wrongdoing at the NRA, but this lawsuit is purely a political attack by another left-wing anti-gunner. The timing alone is proof enough. I have to support ANY organization which even remotely purports to support gun rights. If there was wrongdoing it is up to the NRA to straighten it out, not some rabid, radical liberal prosecutor, ala St. Louis. This is just another example of liberals using government against their political opponents, which has become way to familiar a theme.

Shame on the NRA for providing the opening.

Why cant they clean their own house.

Looks to me like the NRA is Wayne LaPierre.

If thats the case he is nothing but the Jim Baker Church of Guns.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
    I remain an NRA member because they do have the most political clout of the progun organizations. Do they need to address some issues, yes. But they're still the best we've got. I hope this antigun attack fails. If they can shutdown one group they don't like, they will be emboldened to shut them all down. Slippery slope.

Reactions: Dunraven
    My membership is due in September.

Holding out on renewing until there is some sort of reformation or explanation of the spending.

Do they need to address some issues, yes.
    They needed to address a lot of issues.
    Most non profits in the US once they get so big, excess cream floats to the top, easy to skim. DU, Pheasants Forever, RMEF, after awhile, top execs need to find ways to spend coin.
    NRA was a great org for a long time, but the writing has been on the wall for 20 yrs.

Irrelevant here, but mid 90's, some guy started North American Hunting-Fishing, 2 groups, you subscribed or became a member to it. 5 months in it became apparent that all it was was a way to sponsor some clowns adventures. It was my awakening, and the faucet was shut off.

If y'all are so inclined, look into Ackerman McQueen and NRA. There you will find corruption and quite and odd relationship. THe NRA has become nothing more than faux gun rights organization hopping to suck every last dime from the Boomers before they die.

Being a Lifetime member since the early 80's, I don't have to pay for membership renewal. If I were in a position where I had to renew every year or even every 5 years, I wouldn't do it. They need to make wholesale changes and until they do, they will continue to lose membership. That's the plain truth.

I have been a regular member for many years. Bought my son a Life Membership as a gift when he was 21. They are aggressive at trying to suck more money from me every couple of weeks with a phone solicitation or mailer. I stopped giving additional when the "Rewards" they gave in return were always made in f-ing CHINA! Told them no more $ to support the Commies. Change needs to happen on multiple levels. My son will always have his Life membership but I have joined the Texas TSRA to give more local support.

Reactions: Jgunner
    the nra has been an enemy of gun owners for a LONG time. back in the 90’s, they actually endorsed ron kind over a very pro gun guy. that was the end of any and all support for the nra from me.

do i want to see some twit sueing them into oblivion for political gain? no. maybe someone who sent them money and realized they’ve been screwed...that would make it more acceptable. or a member who was refused admittance to a range because they were not the “big fish”.

fuck lapierre, fuck the nra, and fuck anyone who still supports their crooked, constitution undermining asses.

The NRA needs to be reform else the dems will gt what they want, I am surprised the election is this close and the mindless random shootings haven't started yet. I expect to see more attacks on the NRA so they need to get their shit together.

Wanna change the NRA stop sending 'em money. When the money stops coming in, the greedbags will leave. Then repopulate it, refund it and drive on.

OR just start another one with legitimate goals and change over. That'll fuck with the antis anyway.

Ranges? I let mine expire. They didn't say anything. Last thing they need is an enemy from within anyway, and at the end of the day they'd prefer their range still be there vs. NRA. Changing the NRA is easy. Just block 'em and throw away the membership renewal. Join a real group for a bit. They ain't the only joint in town.

IMO where they went to shit was when they stopped focusing on firearms and started raising money for the republican party. Giving money to the enemy, fuck that. I'd rather wipe my ass with cash than give it to a politician, fact.

News flash: neither party has your interests in mind --you ain't invited in other words. Both would love to see you disarmed, only one still has to pander for your votes but rest assured, they'd LOVE to see the other side disarm you, then lose the following election. Don't think they'll overturn shit. Name one instance we've been gun fucked and the republicans fixed it when they got back in power. You can't. And NRA has been in bed with these fuckers all along...

So fuck the NRA. Like the song goes, "what have you done for me lately?"

One of my favorite patches on my shooting jacket. The NRA was formed (now so long ago) by returneing vets from WWII, the greatest generation. They realized shooting and marksmanship and the private ownersip og uns was impotrant, for liberty and freedom. (What's the quote from the Japanese General saying that the US could never be invaded beacuse there is a rifle behind every blade of grass?...). They taught their kids (including some of us old f*cks here) about marksmanship and to hunt, and they bought us our first rifle, which we carried to grade school for "show and tell," and all the teachers thought that was fine and dandy. Well, I guess the hippie generation (mine) didn't do such a good job, and now we got what we begat. So here we are.

NRA is older than 1948.......gots to go back to 1871.

Reactions: cornhusker86
    if i thought 2 f's for the ever worthless nra....id recommend they make ted nugent the pres.

Ted's been on the board for years. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't spoken out about fixing the internal problems. I could be wrong.

Wanna change the NRA stop sending 'em money. When the money stops coming in, the greedbags will leave. Then repopulate it, refund it and drive on.

OR just start another one with legitimate goals and change over. That'll fuck with the antis anyway.

Ranges? I let mine expire. They didn't say anything. Last thing they need is an enemy from within anyway, and at the end of the day they'd prefer their range still be there vs. NRA. Changing the NRA is easy. Just block 'em and throw away the membership renewal. Join a real group for a bit. They ain't the only joint in town.

IMO where they went to shit was when they stopped focusing on firearms and started raising money for the republican party. Giving money to the enemy, fuck that. I'd rather wipe my ass with cash than give it to a politician, fact.

News flash: neither party has your interests in mind --you ain't invited in other words. Both would love to see you disarmed, only one still has to pander for your votes but rest assured, they'd LOVE to see the other side disarm you, then lose the following election. Don't think they'll overturn shit. Name one instance we've been gun fucked and the republicans fixed it when they got back in power. You can't. And NRA has been in bed with these fuckers all along...

So fuck the NRA. Like the song goes, "what have you done for me lately?"

The Ackerman thing really proved everything.

The NRA is nothing more a gun HOA. We should actually start calling them that.

They exist mainly to collect money under the guise of 'gun rights' but instead, spend almost all of their money on executive pay, legal fees (for themselves, not for fighting gun legislation) and advertising to current members to get more money. Then they take that money and rinse/repeat the same thing. I forget what it actually was, but the expense items for actually doing anything against gun legislation or to promote positive gun legislation was miniscule. They make the Susan Koman foundation and the United Way look like the pinnacle of your money ending up where it was supposed to.

The NRA basically exists to get more money out of people so they can continue to exist to get more money out of more people. It's literally a HOA as they are basically the same bullshit after you realize how useless they are.

We should just refer to the nra as Wayne's World, schmuck needs to go.
    The "good guy with a gun" slogan was the last straw for me.

The left hates and will attack most rabidly the people and organizations they fear the most. NRA is at the top of their list for a reason. NRA is it's members. The left is after YOU. If she wants to root out corruption, start with the democrat party.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Milo 2.5
    How is the NRA protected or created by govt?

Its a private org.

DCM was once a govt creation but Clinton made it private, probably hoping it would die but like most things once taken away from govt intervention it prospered as the CMP.

Another new member?

We didnt have the NRA in Australia - we had no representation when they took everything away. thank god you have some influence. Am a NRA life member, happy with what i see - nope, glad there is someone in DC reminding these POS politicians of our rights - yes.

The first step to conquering is to divide.
    US is unique in having pure pay to play approach in politics everyone is for sale ,nothing matters but funds for next election cycle, so NRA job should be simple enough.

NRA model can not be universally applied around the world.

Anyone under brit crown can only suck it up and bend over.You just have to realize that no one is working for you but rather for their German overlords .just look at the texts of the oaths your prime ministers take, its all about the loyalty to the crown not a peep about the people.

I really feel like the NRA needs to rebrand, address the gun community’s concerns about resource allocation and focus on increasing membership numbers. We’ve been at 5M for way too long - should be growing steadily, 6M, 7M etc.

On the other side, we in the gun community need to open our minds a bit and realize that no matter how much Wayne gets paid, a majority of people will look at his salary and perks as extravagant. Just human nature, especially for the blue collar guy who works his tail off to barely put food on the table.

The NRA is far from perfect, but it’s our best option. If I remember right, Ben Franklin had a quote about hanging together?:)