• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft DIY things you have made

Re: DIY things you have made

made a new GI style duffel last winter, gave it double shoulder straps, same GI style opening on top, made it about 4" taller and 4" bigger around. Gave it a side access zipper with QD buckle access (leave the zipper open and just use the 2 buckles)

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

Made a YHM Phantom QD Suppressor Case, molle compatable (still need to get some webbing for trim)
DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Of course the snow ghillie from last year with another comeing this season (the video)
Suit-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">made a new GI style duffel last winter, gave it double shoulder straps, same GI style opening on top, made it about 4" taller and 4" bigger around. Gave it a side access zipper with QD buckle access (leave the zipper open and just use the 2 buckles)

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

Made a YHM Phantom QD Suppressor Case, molle compatable (still need to get some webbing for trim)
DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Of course the snow ghillie from last year with another comeing this season (the video)
Suit-1.jpg

</div></div>
That is nice work you have done . Did you also sew it all up as it is very neat and well made.
Wish I could sew like that.

thanks, yes, both were designed and built by yours truely. I'd like to think it's VERY well made but I really dont know. Havent given it any torture tests or anything, but for how i use it, nothing is going to rip out any time soon.

The suppressor cover will look a lot nicer if i get some good lightweight webbing for the trim.

either way, thanks, I enjoy making my own stuff as the need comes along. working on my own nomex suppressor cover right now but i can already tell that the nomex felt i got is a bit more heavy than i needed and it's proving to be a bear to get my machine to punch through all the folded layers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
38933_1235373383209_1795441945_461939_3338557_n.jpg

This is Sgt Hernandez, KIA, 12/06. Tiger Force 2006, Baiji, Iraq
He cobbled up this hanging mount for his Barrett. I don't know exactly what targets he was hitting, but apparently it was quite popular for a while. I will ask for more info about how it was employed and how successful it was. </div></div>
Man that photo gets my blood circulating ! However I can't actually see the suspension system . Pity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Made a picatinny adaptor so I could tripod mount my backup scope as a spotter.

Ordered a pice of pic blank from Brownell's.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=6066/sku/5_7__Picatinny_Base_Stock

Drilled/tapped it for 1/4-20 thread pitch.

Now it's real easy to use my backup scope as a field spotter with reticle, and plenty of eye relief. Just put scope on the base, and finger tighten the bolts.

tripodadaptor.jpg
</div></div>

I'd actually had this idea myself, but never saw one anywhere and thought it might be a dumb idea for some reason unknown to me. Now that I actually see one, I think it's pretty cool! Instead of spending for a high end spotting scope, a person could have a good spare/additional rifle scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice sling rig, got more pics, details, etc? </div></div>
3/8 foam padding between 1000D, ergonomic shoulder straps (not square style), 1 1/2" webbing, V69 Poly thread triple stitched, Quick release buckles and 1" molle webs on the shoulder straps, quick release buckle on the swivel attachment to swap between push button, regular or HK style points on different weapons.

Last week I made some biathlon sling for my Tikka. All the parts were in my man cave (cellar). An old ALICE shoulder Y strap, some 25mm webbing, theese web stopper thingies for adjustment and two HK hooks.
One hour of trial and error, cutting and looping. It works well with my Accuracy style RCS.
Now I have to figure out, how to include a shooting sling for my left biceps to the rig.

just finished my press mount.

all 1/2" aircraft aluminum. I designed and fabricated it myself
laugh.gif

top plate is removable and I am making multiple plates for different presses, vices, trimmers, etc.

not bad for about a days work lol

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

the bench that it is mounted to is also one of my DIY projects still under construction