• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Do all can. Adapter school please. 🤣

Mxracer532

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
WA State
So I decided to make the dive.
Criteria:
Hunting rifle (7 SAUM, 6.5 Creed, .243) so 30 cal can
Also be able to toss on my .224 Valkyrie AR for coyotes. The .224 being 1/2×28 thread and all others being 5/8×24. This won't be used for mag dumps. It won't be used for rapid fire. Pretty much solely a hunting suppressor.

All barrels are 24" so length I'd like to keep 7" or less and want to keep the weight down to a minimum.

The more I read the more confusing it gets especially with the mounting systems. (For me being a rookie with suppressors)

How does the process work? I went and did the Silencer shop kiosk registration and downloaded the app for my picture. I chose the NFA single shot trust when I registered but do I pay for that at the same as when I purchase the suppressor? Do I do the efile form 4 first? Is that done at the dealer or through say silencershop if that's where I purchase? If I purchase somewhere else is there a fee to transfer to an FFL?

I had kinda narrowed them down to a Tbac Ultra 7 and a Dead air Nomad ti.

All the help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TBAC Dominus.

Use TBAC's CB mounts on your rifles to mount, or SR if you want more retention (more weight though).

Your FFL/SOT will walk you through the process. It's easy with the silencer shop kiosk. There's usually a transfer fee if you buy from somewhere else and transfer to your dealer, that amount depends on each dealer.

TBAC Dominus.

Use TBAC's CB mounts on your rifles to mount, or SR if you want more retention (more weight though).

Your FFL/SOT will walk you through the process. It's easy with the silencer shop kiosk. There's usually a transfer fee if you buy from somewhere else and transfer to your dealer, that amount depends on each dealer.

This, but I’d get the K.

Really wish they made a Dominus with the HUB mount though.

Reactions: E. Bryant
This, but I’d get the K.

Really wish they made a Dominus with the HUB mount though.
Dominus with a hub would be awesome.

I'm married to the Rearden/Q ecosystem of mounts, so any suppressors without hub is not in the equation for me. Which is a shame, as TBAC makes awesome suppressors.

• Wow
Reactions: Huskydriver
The Dominus-K is going to be real short, a bit louder and very handy
The Dominus is going to be about as quiet as the Ultra 7/9 - and would be a great all around choice of quite and size
The Magnus is going to be one of the longest, but super quiet and bit heavier.

I prefer the SR brakes in this series because I really like the concept of secondary retention. However it does add weight.

If you really want light weight, go with a CB attachment and the Dominus-K.

If you are going to end up with 2 (very likely once you get one) then buy these:
Dominus-K
Magnus

The Dominus is out of stock everywhere. Also $600 more than the Ultra 7. Or even more if I went with the Ultra 5. Is the Dominus really worth $600 more to have it be 1.5" shorter than the Ultra 7? Or even if I went with the Ultra 5 and it was what 2db louder?

With the tb mounts how does it work with 1/2×28 and 5/8×24? Assuming they make an adapter?

Dominus with a hub would be awesome.

I'm married to the Rearden/Q ecosystem of mounts, so any suppressors without hub is not in the equation for me. Which is a shame, as TBAC makes awesome suppressors.

You done messed up

• Haha
Reactions: kthomas
The Dominus is out of stock everywhere. Also $600 more than the Ultra 7. Or even more if I went with the Ultra 5. Is the Dominus really worth $600 more to have it be 1.5" shorter than the Ultra 7? Or even if I went with the Ultra 5 and it was what 2db louder?

With the tb mounts how does it work with 1/2×28 and 5/8×24? Assuming they make an adapter?

If you want Thunder Beast I would go with the Magnus w/hub. The Nomad Ti is a great can that won't disappoint. I would definitely go with cans that use whatever mount system you plan to stick with across your rifles. The "hub" makes this easy as long as the suppressors are compatible from the get go.

Ok, why the SR over the CB? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
I also prefer secondary retention but the xb version is also in stock

If you want Thunder Beast I would go with the Magnus w/hub. The Nomad Ti is a great can that won't disappoint. I would definitely go with cans that use whatever mount system you plan to stick with across your rifles. The "hub" makes this easy as long as the suppressors are compatible from the get go.
That thing is 9" long. Yes it's stupid quite but going on 24" barrels I'd be carrying around a rifle as long as a Duglas Fur. 🤣

Besides retention, the taper is on the right side of the threads.

That thing is 9" long. Yes it's stupid quite but going on 24" barrels I'd be carrying around a rifle as long as a Duglas Fur. 🤣
Yes, yes it is. Do you not like Douglas Fur? LOL. Does the difference of overall length of 51" vs 49" make it a deal breaker? Only you can decide that. Personally I love the flexibility offered by the hub as I use suppressors across quite a variety of rifles. A shorter can may not sound as good, an over the barrel system may not be flexible, etc. It's all a world of compromises but at least you have great options.

• Haha
Reactions: Mxracer532
Certainly no tbac 😂
download.jpeg

Certainly no tbac 😂

Lol.

TBAC is awesome.

Rearden makes good stuff, the quality is great. Their muzzle options continue to grow, and I really like the taper before the threads. Kevin's a fucking asshole, but he had a good idea with that one.

If I only owned TBAC suppressors, I would be happy to use their mounting system.

Lol.

TBAC is awesome.

Rearden makes good stuff, the quality is great. Their muzzle options continue to grow, and I really like the taper before the threads. Kevin's a fucking asshole, but he had a good idea with that one.

If I only owned TBAC suppressors, I would be happy to use their mounting system.

SR brakes have tapers before the threads but yes I'm sure rearden makes good stuff.

The hub mount is def the way to go if your going to own multiple brands of cans

Reactions: kthomas
Criteria:
Also be able to toss on my .224 Valkyrie AR for coyotes. The .224 being 1/2×28 thread and all others being 5/8×24. This won't be used for mag dumps. It won't be used for rapid fire. Pretty much solely a hunting suppressor.

All barrels are 24" so length I'd like to keep 7" or less and want to keep the weight down to a minimum.

The more I read the more confusing it gets especially with the mounting systems. (For me being a rookie with suppressors)

How does the process work? I went and did the Silencer shop kiosk registration and downloaded the app for my picture. I chose the NFA single shot trust when I registered but do I pay for that at the same as when I purchase the suppressor? Do I do the efile form 4 first? Is that done at the dealer or through say silencershop if that's where I purchase? If I purchase somewhere else is there a fee to transfer to an FFL?

CGS Helios QD Ti is the answer imo. Comes with 5/8x24 and 1/2x28 direct thread mounts. If you'd like something different than direct thread the Rearden atlas mounting system is awesome.

You don't have to purchase from silencer shop to use their infrastructure. So for example if you can buy the silencer much cheaper than what silencer shop sells it for + transfer fee I'd do that. If it's negligible I'd just go with silencer shop. See if your dealer will do cash no tax deals as well.

You will probably have to pay an extra transfer fee on a purchase made from another dealer (not silencer shop or your ffl and your ffl will charge this fee, not silencer shop). Dealer does the paperwork. When the shop does the eform 4 paperwork the single shot trust info will be put in, but you need to buy and complete it first any time prior to filling out the paperwork.

CGS Helios QD Ti is the answer imo. Comes with 5/8x24 and 1/2x28 direct thread mounts. If you'd like something different than direct thread the Rearden atlas mounting system is awesome.

You don't have to purchase from silencer shop to use their infrastructure. So for example if you can buy the silencer much cheaper than what silencer shop sells it for + transfer fee I'd do that. If it's negligible I'd just go with silencer shop. See if your dealer will do cash no tax deals as well.

You will probably have to pay an extra transfer fee on a purchase made from another dealer (not silencer shop or your ffl and your ffl will charge this fee, not silencer shop). Dealer does the paperwork. When the shop does the eform 4 paperwork the single shot trust info will be put in, but you need to buy and complete it first any time prior to filling out the paperwork.
Ok this is what I was really hoping someone would answer. A local shop (without a kiosk) told me this afternoon that no dealers around here are using the eform 4. Or Efiling. Also that the silencershop kiosk just prints it out and it's still a Mail in form. Is this correct?

I would pass on the magnus, that length and weight is a huge turn off. At that point you might as well just get the 338 ultra SR and have 338 capabilities.

SR puts the taper in front of the threads which is awesome and works, it’s not a gimmick. That’s my complaint about the CB mount, I have cleaned that fucker a lot and it’s easy for a piece of carbon to get on the shoulder.

I personally won’t buy another rifle can that doesn’t use the omega mount. Dominus or Dominus K with HUB would be the perfect 30 cal can. The Q/Rearden stuff is amazing.

I’m tempted to see if ECCO can convert my Ultra 7 to Omega.

I came in here to say the same thing. I have a Dominus cb and a CGS Helios QD Ti, both great cans but if I could only have one it’d be the Helios. Short, light, hub mount and quieter then bigger cans. The Helios is so versatile it’s great on no matter what host you put it on.

Reactions: Clayman
I would pass on the magnus, that length and weight is a huge turn off. At that point you might as well just get the 338 ultra SR and have 338 capabilities.

SR puts the taper in front of the threads which is awesome and works, it’s not a gimmick. That’s my complaint about the CB mount, I have cleaned that fucker a lot and it’s easy for a piece of carbon to get on the shoulder.

I personally won’t buy another rifle can that doesn’t use the omega mount. Dominus or Dominus K with HUB would be the perfect 30 cal can. The Q/Rearden stuff is amazing.

At least as of last year they didn’t have the capability to weld titanium, I wanted to get my sandman Ti converted after they did my SDN6.

I personally won't get a can that doesn't have a 1.375"x24 thread because it limits you so much on the mounts you can use. I don't know why tbac won't convert everything over to that but it keeps me from buying their cans. I'm a big fan of the Nomad Ti and Nomad. Awesome cans and you can run whatever qd mount (which you are definitely going to want to do for using on multiple guns). That's just me though, and I absolutely love Tbac stuff.

Reactions: Long Range 338
Ok this is what I was really hoping someone would answer. A local shop (without a kiosk) told me this afternoon that no dealers around here are using the eform 4. Or Efiling. Also that the silencershop kiosk just prints it out and it's still a Mail in form. Is this correct?

That’s very wrong and a shop you wanna stay away from. Get ahold of Capitol armory if they can direct ship in your state. Awesome people and they’ll take care of everything once you send a few things in.

Reactions: Mxracer532

I have 2 cans at ecco right now and one of them is getting a 1.375"x24 thread added to it. Ran through it all with Nick yesterday. He said he'd have it back to me in a few weeks so I'd do it if I were you

Yes, yes it is. Do you not like Douglas Fur? LOL. Does the difference of overall length of 51" vs 49" make it a deal breaker? Only you can decide that. Personally I love the flexibility offered by the hub as I use suppressors across quite a variety of rifles. A shorter can may not sound as good, an over the barrel system may not be flexible, etc. It's all a world of compromises but at least you have great options.
I'd rather have a longer barrel and shorter can than the other way around.

I personally won't get a can that doesn't have a 1.375"x24 thread because it limits you so much on the mounts you can use. I don't know why tbac won't convert everything over to that but it keeps me from buying their cans. I'm a big fan of the Nomad Ti and Nomad. Awesome cans and you can run whatever qd mount (which you are definitely going to want to do for using on multiple guns). That's just me though, and I absolutely love Tbac stuff.
I fondled a Nomad Ti today. It's insanely light. Right now it's a toss up between it and the TBac 7 maybe the dominus cb. I just don't know enough about the mounts and what will be the best to swap between my precision rifles and my AR.

The Dominus CB is only $150 and SR $430 more than the Ultra 7. Where are you getting $600 at?

I have 2 cans at ecco right now and one of them is getting a 1.375"x24 thread added to it. Ran through it all with Nick yesterday. He said he'd have it back to me in a few weeks so I'd do it if I were you

I have him do two AAC cans of mine like 2 years ago and they’re awesome. Just not sure if he can do the TBAC or not.

I have lotsa cans but if I was starting over I'd want a tbac ultra 7 for bolt guns and an oss/huxwrx can for gas guns.

I don't like the fat cans as they weigh more and I can see them through the scope.

IMO the flow through is the only way to go on gas guns. I hate tuning guns for cans and getting gassed out.

CGS potentially kills 2 bids at once here if you want to fool with swapping out the front cap. Haven't tried it yet.

No, find another dealer.

Go to silencershops site and locate the nearest kiosk from a store that has a good reputation.

I have a Nomad, I've shot an ultra 7 I think the Helios is quiter than both. The Helios qd ti is more expensive but imo it's the best 7" can available.

Z2SrVtS.jpg

jOWK8H8.jpg

tejD57r.jpg

pg1kXie.jpg

XrFBRbP.jpg

Personally I think the liberty precision machine baby bell brake and Rearden atlas is an awesome set up. Keeps weight and length to a minimum if you don't want to direct thread.

BBHorizontal-scaled.jpg

mini_plus_atlas__38735.1645203271.jpg

But if you don't want to spend that much the Nomad Ti or Diligent defense enticer s ti are both good hub option silencers at a lower price.

No, find another dealer.

Go to silencershops site and locate the nearest kiosk from a store that has a good reputation.

I have a Nomad, I've shot an ultra 7 I think the Helios is quiter than both. The Helios qd ti is more expensive but imo it's the best 7" can available.

Z2SrVtS.jpg

jOWK8H8.jpg

tejD57r.jpg

pg1kXie.jpg

XrFBRbP.jpg

Personally I think the liberty precision machine baby bell brake and Rearden atlas is an awesome set up. Keeps weight and length to a minimum if you don't want to direct thread.

BBHorizontal-scaled.jpg

mini_plus_atlas__38735.1645203271.jpg

But if you don't want to spend that much the Nomad Ti or Diligent defense enticer s ti are both good hub option silencers at a lower price.
Silencershops apparently don't carry the Helios qd ti?

Honestly the Helios qd ti is probably the best can on the market right now - it's pricey but I doubt you'd regret it.

I just went back through my emails, in September 2020 i asked if they could do my sandman Ti and at that time they couldn’t.
He may not be welding my Ti can now that I think about it. He might be threading a new stack to the blast baffle that is Ti and just thr stack is a tubeless done in steel. I didn't really think about that before now

Criteria:

Don’t overlook the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S in that group. It’s right there next to the Nomad-Ti in performance. Has 1.375x24 threads. 7” length. Super light at 9.5 oz. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Damn, I don't know why I couldn't find it. What makes this intriguing to me is the adapters that come with it 5/8x24 and also 1/2×28 that makes it immediately ready to swap from any of my precision rifles or my .224 valkyrie AR.
The Nomad ti I believe I would need an adapter to put on my Valkyrie, also the Ultra or TBac. So the cost might be virtually the same overall.

Any can that has the hub threads should come with at least one direct thread adapter, typically 5/8x24. You can use anybody’s thread adapters to change threads.

What do they run $ wise?
I think Bauer has them on sale for $850, and it comes with their new titanium ZR0-DTA 5/8-24 direct-thread mount. I have 2 of them, both the S and L versions, they’re really good cans. PEW Science has tested them with some pretty impressive results…Only falling 2nd place to the Dead Air Nomads by less than 2 points. 😏👍🏼

Also, this can sounds amazing on all the short-action cartridges and AR's that I've tested it on...Especially my 22" .260 Rem (similar to 6.5 CM) and 22" .308 Win bolt guns.

I also have one of these, and it's right there with my Nomad-LT, as well... Both weight, and performance. It's amazing on my 22.5" 7mm RemMag and my 24" .280 Ackley.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with the liberty anthem s? It's a little heavier than the others mentioned, but I've read some good reviews on it. And the price seems very reasonable.

Honestly the Helios qd ti is probably the best can on the market right now - it's pricey but I doubt you'd regret it
Watching sound test videos the Dead air Nomad Ti is on average 139. Something dbs. It also looks as if the helios is virtually the same. Infact all the cans appear to be in that 139-140dbs with 6.5creeds.
It's like splitting hairs for dbs. The tones maybe different?

Also is there a BEST PLACE to purchase? Has sales or maybe even a black Friday deal?