• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do I really Need a $400 Mount?

But I'm not going to mount any of that. This will strictly be to hold the scope. I definitely itely wouldn't buy a $50 Chinese knockoff, but something by Aero or Leupold around $100, why not? I'm not opposed to spending $3-400 if I get something for it, ya know? For example, the $2k NF scope has better glass, better erectors and internals, etc. than some pos on Amazon. I understand where the extra money is going. But like I said, I feel the same way about lower receivers on ARs, if they're in spec, I don't see how brand matters.
Aero is a hideous decision. Their AR mounts are finicky when fastening and sacrifice weight in the wrong places. They will break and damage tubes if overtorqued (done by those who find the scope isn't firmly mounted, shifting under recoil). They work for a lot of people and don't for others.

So fuck the Aeros. Aero is universally recognized as doing a lot of things very well and affordable. Their lightweigh mount isn't included in that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neurotic
Since no one has mentioned it yet, I have a MPA mount that I think is great and they sell from MPA for $275. I've seen them for cheaper in the PX.

Since no one has mentioned it yet, I have a MPA mount that I think is great and they sell from MPA for $275. I've seen them for cheaper in the PX.
I'm pretty certain these are made ZRO Delta, who also has a "QD" version that is Trijicon branded. These are nice.