• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DO people remember?

French and Indian War was the just the tactics employed after learning in King Philips War.

Read up on the earlier war.

200px-Colonel_Benjamin_Church.jpg
Shameful to admit, but I'd only heard of this by seeing a piece of a show on tv and had no idea it was a major conflict.

EAGI4Y8l.jpg

cvIXcWJl.jpg

One of these soldiers had been hot in the head by a boy using a hatchet exposing his brains.

When the Brit Patrol came back from the Barret Farm they found there dead comrades and no one else. They assumed that the Americans were "scalping" their dead. From that moment on the war contained hate.

Sadly in the 19th century these guys were dug up and phrenologists studied their skulls. I dont think they were ever reburied with their remains.

EjYRLwml.jpg

t73O3jFl.jpg

V2ze7EBl.jpg

My walk buddy was scared of the tall man.....

s18MbExl.jpg

8Gc3ASCl.jpg

oqI8Y8rl.jpg

His rifle is ready.....Looks like half cocked.

7HKKVLyl.jpg

myTNb3Nl.jpg

at the top of this ridge is a road....

cS9Ktt8l.jpg

The field the minutemen were assembled in is across that road - still a field probably much like it was in 1775.

1OgZjxGl.jpg

This house was there.....The Old Manse

fXW93Nhl.jpg

Yellow coats, they dont belong in that park.......

ND2rOpll.jpg

Captain Parkers Revenge

7EK2h7Yl.jpg

Looking east The Revenge came from the left.

9UzQhMCl.jpg

The column came from the west, a small brook channelized the Brits over a bridge and Capt Parker face shot them.

nlshZkyl.jpg

After renactment picnic.....

rT56lLTl.jpg
Surprised you weren't a part of the Patriot team

“Battle Road“, the path of a British gunpowder raiding party on April 19 1775 from Boston to Concord , Lexington, and then back to Boston, involved several battles and skirmishes there and back.

Often considered the first true conflicts of the revolutionary war prior to the Declaration of Independence , the redcoats (not the British, most people considered themselves part of British culture at the time. Remember, the U.S.A. has not been born yet) attempt to confiscate powder magazines at both Concord and Lexington and instead bring to a boil the simmering resentment of the colonist at the British for a variety offenses they had been doing against the colonist for years.

EDIT ADD 4-17-22**** gunpowder was typically kept in a centrally located magazine as it was considered too dangerous to keep in your home. British gunpowder raids were the equivalent of gun control in colonial times

The large and small battles on this road almost destroyed the British expedition and did result in the British losing the majority of their officer corps due to colonial marksmanship. The heavy losses experienced by the British are what also prompted France to aid the colonist as the colonist were now seen as capable of at least hurting, and maybe winning against the British. It also galvanized the colonist in their convictions against Britain and their resolve for independence, the colonist had finally had enough.

If you attend a ”Project Appleseed“ two day shooting clinic, they will teach you about that day in American history and a few of the smaller individual stories associated with it. It is a fantastic history class with a pretty good basic 3p marksmanship clinic at the same time, well worth every true American’s time to attend and learn. They have several events a year across multiple states, I highly recommend it.
I attended a few appleseed meets a few years ago. IMHO, the marksmanship training was good, but I was blown away by the history lessons they gave during the breaks. It certainly demonstrates the importance of firearm ownership in this country.

Reactions: jrassy
Surprised you weren't a part of the Patriot team

One of those kids is an academy classmate.

They caught my eye because one of the horses either lost its footing or was attempting to roll.

Kind of scary watching a ton of meat start side stepping out of control, the sound of steel on asphalt, crowd of people to one side and vehicles to the other.

The Trooper started punching the horse in the head.

I dont know what doctrine is with a working animal intended for conflict/unrest....unsure if head punches are proper training so I wont question it, regardless it fixed the potentially very bad situation.

Still I am hoping someone made a video of it and the job gets another black eye. It might or might not be unfair to claim abuse but since when does fair matter to them.

Reactions: Nik H
One of those kids is an academy classmate.

They caught my eye because one of the horses either lost its footing or was attempting to roll.

Kind of scary watching a ton of meat start side stepping out of control, the sound of steel on asphalt, crowd of people to one side and vehicles to the other.

The Trooper started punching the horse in the head.

I dont know what doctrine is with a working animal intended for conflict/unrest....unsure if head punches are proper training so I wont question it, regardless it fixed the potentially very bad situation.

Still I am hoping someone made a video of it and the job gets another black eye. It might or might not be unfair to claim abuse but since when does fair matter to them.
Not so sure about how punching a horse in the head would be perceived but I would say in the right hands, it could cause someone some issues.

Not a horse expert but I don't think that is proper protocol

Not so sure about how punching a horse in the head would be perceived but I would say in the right hands, it could cause someone some issues.

Not a horse expert but I don't think that is proper protocol

I'm taking your road.....I won't hazard a guess and leave it up to the guys with bow legs.