• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you have a bible?

Read it when I was a kid, anything changed?

Face the truth, Jesus been gone a long time, you gotta figure out what God wants from you by talking to god and listening as best you can. The Bible has been rewrote a hundred times by priests trying to explain why we needed to give them all our money and sexual axcess to our children.

I will say this and then I'm outta here.
When it comes to churches they all twist the words to fit the BS they're selling, The Word of God written in the bible will tell you about what's not being followed by the churches and what you need to do to have a good life, the OT is the laws and history and the NT is what is for the days we now live in.
God Bless and straight shooting for all

I have over 30 copies of the Scriptures in various translations, including but not limited to: Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Latin and most all of the English translations - all augmented by dozens of lexicons and copies of the various families of the early manuscripts that were utilized by the various committees that produce the translations in variety of translations that the current peoples of the world read today.

The Book of Books have been the centerpiece of my life in Christ for over 50 years.

Reactions: Centuriator
If God is sovereign, which he is, then he was in total control of the Bible and it’s creation.

people disregard the Bible and whats in it because they don’t want to admit the way they’re living is wrong. They don’t want to be told, that theyre not the wonderful people they thought the were, And they don’t want to be told, there is only 1 way into heaven and that’s through Jesus Christ.

God puts all Kings in place either as a blessing or a curse.....
But that’s what people don’t get, god never intended for Kings to rule over people, humans have no right to rule over other humans. When the people of Israel wanted a king god told them no but they persisted and got Saul, before that they were governed by judges who went by the law. (I know you weren’t saying we need Kings but for some reason people like that idea)

I am a simple man who struggles with things on a daily basis. NIV Study Bible... Recently I have been trying to correlate world events with the book of Revelation. It is a work in progress. I believe that the answers ARE in the Bible, one just needs to take the time to find them.

Last edited:
But that’s what people don’t get, god never intended for Kings to rule over people, humans have no right to rule over other humans. When the people of Israel wanted a king god told them no but they persisted and got Saul, before that they were governed by judges who went by the law. (I know you weren’t saying we need Kings but for some reason people like that idea)

I agree 100%. Israel was special. God was their King, but they wanted to be like every other nation and have a King. so God gave them exactly what they asked for. He gave them Saul. And I think we all know how that turned out...,
A great example is even though Saul was trying to murder David, David refused to raise a hand against him because he was “Gods Anointed King”. And when Saul was killed in battle, David executed the men who killed him for that very reason.

Reactions: JakeM
Religion is mans attempt to get to Heaven...God...etc....

Our church views "religion" as a bad thing because it is not what the Bible prescribes...

The Bible prescribes faith and belief as the only way to get to Heaven.

'Murica'

We dont need no steeeeenking Kings.

:cool:

I think the NIV is one of the best translations for introducing someone to the Bible. It's easy to read and understand at the expense of some precision of translation, but is not so liberated from the original texts as to be an untrustworthy translation.

For in depth study of New Testament doctrine in particular, I like the NKJV as it relies on the Textus Receptus just like the KJV, and does not rely on the corrupted (in the opinion of many) Nestle-Aland translations of the Critical Texts on which basically every other Bible is based. It is not as easy to follow as the NIV, but is far easier to understand than the KJV, while remaining exactly true to the KJV interpretation.

Last edited:
Reactions: HogsLife
I have and study both KJV and NKJV. Both are good to versions to read and it is amazing at how the Holy Spirit has helped me to understand both the truth and wisdom in its pages. I believe absolutely that the Bible from cover to cover is the inspired Word of God. That we are saved by the grace of God through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that Christ will touch the hearts of all those who do not know him and open their heart to accept Him. God bless all.

I have and study both KJV and NKJV. Both are good to versions to read and it is amazing at how the Holy Spirit has helped me to understand both the truth and wisdom in its pages. I believe absolutely that the Bible from cover to cover is the inspired Word of God. That we are saved by the grace of God through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that Christ will touch the hearts of all those who do not know him and open their heart to accept Him. God bless all.

Amen to that! ??

Yup... New and Old... also a Koran, a Book of Mormon, a Talmud, a copy of the Viking Sagas, and a copy of Baghvad Gita. Among others. Pretty sure I have something Inca, too.

They are on my reference shelves.... along with some of the other things like Marx/Engels... I keep around because knowing and understanding them, even if not believing in everything inside... is valuable.

One does not have to be religious to have a respect for religion.

Sirhr

Yup... New and Old... also a Koran, a Book of Mormon, a Talmud, a copy of the Viking Sagas, and a copy of Baghvad Gita. Among others. Pretty sure I have something Inca, too.

They are on my reference shelves.... along with some of the other things like Marx/Engels... I keep around because knowing and understanding them, even if not believing in everything inside... is valuable.

Sirhr

He’ll yeah

Sirhr

Try the Francis Edgarton/Harvard Press translation of the Baghvad Gita. Truly beautiful.

I have one. I just don't understand it.

I'm sure your grandmother is a very strong and capable woman.

Try this out. They do a great job of breaking down each part with essential cultural understanding of the times and context. It’s also an easy to digest way to get started and you can continue to dig deeper on your own. Go down to their videos that there is a section for old and New Testament that takes it book by book.

Those are noteworthy, but I think there's a bit more to it. Like the eternal torture stuff.

You’ll have to find me a verse that says anything about eternal torture. God doesn’t torture people. He is a Holy Being that cannot coincide with sin, which is where Jesus stepped in to cleanse us from sin. You are probably referring to the parts that talk about eternal separation from God which is like an unquenching fire for those who haven’t accepted forgiveness for sin and therefore can’t coincide with God. It’s specific to the pain you would feel from being separated from his presence. Nothing to do with torture.

Last edited:
Reactions: HogsLife
gotta love when people who don’t read / understand or see the Bible as the infallible word of God, cherry pick verses to fit their opinion / argument meanwhile bypassing all the other verses that convict them of the sin in themselves......

here’s one h often, but my struggle makes the following-scripture no less True.....

View attachment 7275786

This scripture is also something I struggled with. Mainly because of all the gun ban talk going on around the country. I personally don't believe this passage speaks of pacifism but of the absolute surrender of your life to the will of God.

Reactions: Gar. and HogsLife
This scripture is also something I struggled with. Mainly because of all the gun ban talk going on around the country. I personally don't believe this passage speaks of pacifism but of the absolute surrender of your life to the will of God.

We should exercise caution about applying a single verse or verses to a situation. We should consider the bible in it's entirity.

Let's take the subject of gun bans, as you brought up. There are plenty of other passages in the bible which permit us to protect our families and loved ones.

When a King's decree or Federal Republic's law conflicts with God's law, then we obey the Almighty rather than men.

I feel completely justified in disobeying the government if it came to a gun ban and/or confiscation because of Christ's commandment at one time for the apostles to carry a sword. I feel completely justified because the Israelites were commanded to use force to establish their kingdom. I feel completely justified in disobeying a gun ban/confiscation law because OUR constitution recognizes the right to keep and bear arms as God given.

Now that I feel completely justified in disobeying a ban (if it ever happens) that doesn't mean I'm going to poke the bear and shout my defiance from the rooftop.

Slaveholders in the antebellum South felt justified owning slaves because of the book of Philemon. They also used the verses from the Pauline epistles which commanded slaves to be obedient to their masters.

What Southern slaveholders didn't realize was that so-called slavery in ancient Rome was a little different than their day. In some situations, a Roman slaveholder had complete power over the slaves including life and death.

On the other hand there were some "slaves" that were under what we would call a labor contract today. In fact, some "slaves" were adopted into Roman families to become a son or daughter to their master.

Some "slaves" were indentured servants that were beholden to their master for several years to pay off a debt or other agreement.

Even in Nero's time there were laws that made sense to maintain peace and order. Murderers were still hunted down and prosecuted. Imagine what it would be like if thieves would go unpunished.

In a somewhat more recent historical setting, imagine yourself living in Nazi Germany. Hitler had complete dictatorial powers.

Had I been alive back then, it would have been difficult living in Germany to speak out against the Fuhrer. I would not have wanted to lose my life back then nor now.

I would have opposed the Nazi's by other means. Would it have been moral to assassinate Hitler? That's easy to answer. He ordered the killing of almost 12-13 million people in concentration camps and caused even more to lose their lives in a world war.

Look at it this way and ask the question when pursuing a course of action that you might think is sinful.

Would the act that I am committing, even though it violates another commandment, cause a greater good or prevent a greater sin?

For example, the Hebrew midwives were ordered to kill all the baby boys by Pharaoh. By lying to Pharaoh about the mothers giving birth to the boys before they could carry out the order, the midwives were saving lives.

It would be the same as lying about Jews in your basement to the Gestapo. There were laws on the books that said a person could not harbor any Jews but a greater law would have been broken by turning them in for a one-way trip to the concentration camp.

Rahab hid the Hebrew spies in Jericho. She even lied to her countrymen on the spies whereabouts. Also keep in mind that she wasn't a Hebrew and had not heard the ten commandments. However, she intrinsically knew that to not lie would not be serving God's cause. By lying, she was serving a greater good. She was honored by being the grandmother to King David and in the lineage of the future Messiah.

Will I obey Romans 13? Yes as it is in context with the rest of the Bible. I will not be subject to the governing authorities when their laws conflict with God's law.

Last edited:
Try this out. They do a great job of breaking down each part with essential cultural understanding of the times and context. It’s also an easy to digest way to get started and you can continue to dig deeper on your own. Go down to their videos that there is a section for old and New Testament that takes it book by book.

You’ll have to find me a verse that says anything about eternal torture. God doesn’t torture people. He is a Holy Being that cannot coincide with sin, which is where Jesus stepped in to cleanse us from sin. You are probably referring to the parts that talk about eternal separation from God which is like an unquenching fire for those who haven’t accepted forgiveness for sin and therefore can’t coincide with God. It’s specific to the pain you would feel from being separated from his presence. Nothing to do with torture.

I might take a look at your link, but you can't find the parts about the lake of fire, weeping and gnashing of teeth, the unquenchable fire, second death, etc? So you don't believe in a literal hell?

We should exercise caution about applying a single verse or verses to a situation. We should consider the bible in it's entirity.

Let's take the subject of gun bans, as you brought up. There are plenty of other passages in the bible which permit us to protect our families and loved ones.

When a King's decree or Federal Republic's law conflicts with God's law, then we obey the Almighty rather than men.

I feel completely justified in disobeying the government if it came to a gun ban and/or confiscation because of Christ's commandment at one time for the apostles to carry a sword. I feel completely justified because the Israelites were commanded to use force to establish their kingdom. I feel completely justified in disobeying a gun ban/confiscation law because OUR constitution recognizes the right to keep and bear arms as God given.

Now that I feel completely justified in disobeying a ban (if it ever happens) that doesn't mean I'm going to poke the bear and shout my defiance from the rooftop.

Slaveholders in the antebellum South felt justified owning slaves because of the book of Philemon. They also used the verses from the Pauline epistles which commanded slaves to be obedient to their masters.

What Southern slaveholders didn't realize was that so-called slavery in ancient Rome was a little different than their day. In some situations, a Roman slaveholder had complete power over the slaves including life and death.

On the other hand there were some "slaves" that were under what we would call a labor contract today. In fact, some "slaves" were adopted into Roman families to become a son or daughter to their master.

Some "slaves" were indentured servants that were beholden to their master for several years to pay off a debt or other agreement.

Even in Nero's time there were laws that made sense to maintain peace and order. Murderers were still hunted down and prosecuted. Imagine what it would be like if thieves would go unpunished.

In a somewhat more recent historical setting, imagine yourself living in Nazi Germany. Hitler had complete dictatorial powers.

Had I been alive back then, it would have been difficult living in Germany to speak out against the Fuhrer. I would not have wanted to lose my life back then nor now.

I would have opposed the Nazi's by other means. Would it have been moral to assassinate Hitler? That's easy to answer. He ordered the killing of almost 12-13 million people in concentration camps and caused even more to lose their lives in a world war.

Look at it this way and ask the question when pursuing a course of action that you might think is sinful.

Would the act that I am committing, even though it violates another commandment, cause a greater good or prevent a greater sin?

For example, the Hebrew midwives were ordered to kill all the baby boys by Pharaoh. By lying to Pharaoh about the mothers giving birth to the boys before they could carry out the order, the midwives were saving lives.

It would be the same as lying about Jews in your basement to the Gestapo. There were laws on the books that said a person could not harbor any Jews but a greater law would have been broken by turning them in for a one-way trip to the concentration camp.

Rahab hid the Hebrew spies in Jericho. She even lied to her countrymen on the spies whereabouts. Also keep in mind that she wasn't a Hebrew and had not heard the ten commandments. However, she intrinsically knew that to not lie would not be serving God's cause. By lying, she was serving a greater good. She was honored by being the grandmother to King David and in the lineage of the future Messiah.

Will I obey Romans 13? Yes as it is in context with the rest of the Bible. I will not be subject to the governing authorities when their laws conflict with God's law.

I agree with you. I personally believe the purpose for romans 13 is for the individual Christian to search his/her own heart. mainly for the reader to decide/realize how strong their relationship with God is. Are you willing to trust God so absolutely you will allow yourself to be martyred? Or do you love you worldly possessions/comforts/rights so much you are not willing to give them up for God. Like the parable in Matthew 19:16-22. The rich young man in the parable wasn't sad because he was rich, but because he wasn't willing to give it all up for God.
I don't believe that Christians should give up their protection because soon after we do they will take away our rights to speak and freedom of religion. Followed quickly by them telling us what to think and do according to what is right by them. America would quickly become George Orwells 1984.

In Luke 22:36 Jesus said " and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one"

I agree with you. I personally believe the purpose for romans 13 is for the individual Christian to search his/her own heart. mainly for the reader to decide/realize how strong their relationship with God is. Are you willing to trust God so absolutely you will allow yourself to be martyred? Or do you love you worldly possessions/comforts/rights so much you are not willing to give them up for God. Like the parable in Matthew 19:16-22. The rich young man in the parable wasn't sad because he was rich, but because he wasn't willing to give it all up for God.
I don't believe that Christians should give up their protection because soon after we do they will take away our rights to speak and freedom of religion. Followed quickly by them telling us what to think and do according to what is right by them. America would quickly become George Orwells 1984.

In Luke 22:36 Jesus said " and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one"

Agreed. We are taught to "turn the other cheek." Jesus was using hyperbole to set a pattern for dealing with personal insults.

Does that mean that we are to permit a bully to strike us and not defend ourselves?

Keep in mind that our bodies are a temple of God. The bible doesn't have a command against smoking. The practice was unheard of in the middle east at that time. Yet, I gave up smoking for my health. I cannot abuse God's temple.

To let a bully smite you in the face would be to let him commit a sin without knowing the consequences.

If you'd look the letters written by the by CXhrist followers after the book of Acts are to the churches and the manner in which it should operate

Agreed. We are taught to "turn the other cheek." Jesus was using hyperbole to set a pattern for dealing with personal insults.

Does that mean that we are to permit a bully to strike us and not defend ourselves?

Keep in mind that our bodies are a temple of God. The bible doesn't have a command against smoking. The practice was unheard of in the middle east at that time. Yet, I gave up smoking for my health. I cannot abuse God's temple.

To let a bully smite you in the face would be to let him commit a sin without knowing the consequences.

Personally I believe weather to strike back or not to depends entirely on the situation. And is up to the Christian to decide which action is justified.

For it is written, As I live, says the lord, Every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then each shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:11-12

If a person strikes you because they know you are a Christian and to they know you aren't supposed to strike back you should walk away.

If a may attacks you to rob and or kill you. You should defend yourself by any means available.

However every man will answer to god for his actions so by all means follow the path that you feel is justified.

I might take a look at your link, but you can't find the parts about the lake of fire, weeping and gnashing of teeth, the unquenchable fire, second death, etc? So you don't believe in a literal hell?

Oh yes, I’m very familiar. To my best understanding (and many scholars although there is some debate) they are metaphorical representations of the pain you would feel being hopelessly separated from God for eternity. It’s an attempt to use something familiar to us in this world to describe something we cannot fathom because it is not of this world.

This has some interesting points and mirrors my view of it

No one will know with 100% certainty until our time comes but the Bible reveals a LOT if you STUDY it and about it. Not just read it.

Seek and you shall find