• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you have immunity to common diseases? Do you know?

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
Chatting with people about all of the recent outbreaks of Hep and measles... I asked my doctor to run a titer panel

It cost me $40 and I found out that my Hep B shots did not work. I did not have sufficient antibodies in my system.

you might consider asking the office what a titers costs when you schedule your annual exam.

do your research ahead of time as many doctors don’t worry about your immunity and things like tetanus booster...

pronounced Tie- ters

You don't have immunity to "common diseases" because you don't develop immunity to them. Think flu and rhinovirus. The viruses that you mention are not terribly common, in large part because of vaccinations. If they were "common" and you didn't have immunity, you'd contract them...

Reactions: acudaowner
Chatting with people about all of the recent outbreaks of Hep and measles... I asked my doctor to run a titer panel

It cost me $40 and I found out that my Hep B shots did not work. I did not have sufficient antibodies in my system.

you might consider asking the office what a titers costs when you schedule your annual exam.

do your research ahead of time as many doctors don’t worry about your immunity and things like tetanus booster...

pronounced Tie- ters

After my recent episode with the flu which turned out to be pneumonia, I was wondering if there is a medical test that identifies how strong your immune system is

Unless he's cremated, then the crematorium should save money on fuel! ?
1580516436894.png

The crematorium 30 seconds after the box hits the burners!

After my recent episode with the flu which turned out to be pneumonia, I was wondering if there is a medical test that identifies how strong your immune system is
Nik,

I agree 100% that it is all about immune system. Logically speaking, there is no test in existance yet to test everything your immune system can handle. The only way to stay immune to most of the shit is to eat good stuff and hope it will help to make immune system stronger. Good stuff has nothing to do with taking a bunch of overpriced supplements, most of which are totally useless.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I know my Doc at the VA clinic recommended a tetnus booster every 5 years if you work in a high risk environment. I had always heard rusty metal was where you got it. I only know one person who got it, and he got it from picking blackberries.

Nik,

I agree 100% that it is all about immune system. Logically speaking, there is no test in existance yet to test everything your immune system can handle. The only way to stay immune to most of the shit is to eat good stuff and hope it will help to make immune system stronger. Good stuff has nothing to do with taking a bunch of overpriced supplements, most of which are totally useless.

Good advice but not entirely true.

-Eating well, especially organically, with a high fruit/vegetable content is good.

-Taking the right supplements,again, organic herbs and minerals, can do a lot to boost your immune system You dont need to spend a lot, try 'Swanson's Vitamins' on line.

-One of the most important things Ive found is keeping the body slightly alkaline. Google 'alkaline diet.'

Drink your cider vinegar daily. Make sure t contains "the Mother".

Hippocrates was right when he advocated for thinking of anything you intake as medicine.

Donut = Junk Medicine

Brussels Sprout = Good Medicine

Nik I had the flu a few weeks ago. Until you told your story I was loath to admit it cause I never get a flu shot.

I was actually sick for about 3.5 weeks. I got a normal cold, then I got sinus infection and bronchitis....and then....I got the fargin flu. That tamiflu made me sick as hell and my stomach still ain't right. I just wasn't getting better from the bronchitis, and finally went to urgent Care where they tested me for flu. I was literally thinking they might send me to the hospital....I've never been that sick in my life.

Now
I am a turd Wrangler. My immune system stays sharp like a friggin Seal Team.
I'm probably immune to cholera and a few other nasties. It's always fun to get a new operator on my crew. "So....did the bugs say howdy yet?"
Everyone gets the shits within the first two weeks.
We had a guy that was drinking out of the non potable spigots here at work. Guy had a master's degree.....didn't keep his stupid ass from getting Hep A though.

The only sick I ever get is sinusitis and pneumonia or bronchitis. I had pneumonia as a baby and it screwed my lungs up. Plus, I've been dosed with chlorine gas twice in my career, which resulted in chemical pneumonia both times. It liken to have killed me.

I could probably eat and drink things that would kill a buzzard with no I'll effect, but I am terrified of something getting in my lungs.
Yeah, this Kung Flu makes me nervous. If I get that shit in my lungs, the ground hogs will be bringing me my mail shortly.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Nik,

Totally agree...I think a good consistent diet of fresh, unprocessed food with high amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and lean meat are imperative. I also think that a plentiful amount of water is critical.

As @Maggot says...a good multi-vitamin and other supplements help a lot.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Unless you get unlucky and your over developed immune system kicks into overdrive to fight a virus and the massive response winds up killing you.

Kind of like what happened about 100 years ago.

Reactions: clcustom1911
I know what it is but there are people that say they drink it daily....

For what? How much?

Couple tablespoons after a meal was my regimen. It helps with GERD but papaya extract works even better.
If you are over 40, you should be taking papaya. It provides much needed enzymes us old folks have a hard time producing. I actually cured my GERD with papaya enzyme. So did my 85 year old mother.

Reactions: Bradu
Couple tablespoons after a meal was my regimen. It helps with GERD but papaya extract works even better.
If you are over 40, you should be taking papaya. It provides much needed enzymes us old folks have a hard time producing. I actually cured my GERD with papaya enzyme. So did my 85 year old mother.

I will have to look that up. I don't know that I could drink straight vinegar.

Thanks for letting me know

Just put the vinegar in a glass of water and bottoms up.
I did that for years when I was young.

Reactions: Nik H
Just put the vinegar in a glass of water and bottoms up.
I did that for years when I was young.

My Mother In Law swears by this a couple of times a day. She says it is one of the best things you can do. I will have to try it out. If I can put it in water, it is good.

@armorpl8chikn

I didn't know what GERD was but it is acid reflux. I suffer with that if I drink too much. I recently went on a concerted effort to reduce alcohol, cut back on spicy food and it did get better but there was still a lot of soreness. I though I damaged my esophagus permanently. My doctor gave me Prilosec which really fixed me up. However, if there is a natural way, I would like to try it

My Mother In Law swears by this a couple of times a day. She says it is one of the best things you can do. I will have to try it out. If I can put it in water, it is good.

@armorpl8chikn

I didn't know what GERD was but it is acid reflux. I suffer with that if I drink too much. I recently went on a concerted effort to reduce alcohol, cut back on spicy food and it did get better but there was still a lot of soreness. I though I damaged my esophagus permanently. My doctor gave me Prilosec which really fixed me up. However, if there is a natural way, I would like to try it

Another good thing for gut health is organic yogurt or even better, kefir. Just full of probiotics that your stomach needs. As you age your stomach can begin to leak and the body sends white blood sells to fight what it perceives as an infection. Can contribute to arthritis and a host of other maladies. If the taste of the kifer is a bit odd for you not unlike buttermilk) mix it with some sweet fruit juice like grape juice.

If your diet approximates "balanced," the only thing that vitamin supliments accomplish is to lighten your wallet.

That is not incorrect, but I was speaking of things like licorice root extract and curcumin to alleviate arthritis. Unpasteurized local honey is great. Bilberry extract is good for the eyes and helps with night vision.

I know my Doc at the VA clinic recommended a tetnus booster every 5 years if you work in a high risk environment. I had always heard rusty metal was where you got it. I only know one person who got it, and he got it from picking blackberries.
Rusty metal on farms... where animal dung was present. especially around horses. Cut yourself on rusty metal back in the farm days and you got all manner of nasty things. Lockjaw being one of the not nice things. Before penicillin life expectancy was a lot shorter.

Cheers, Sirhr

@armorpl8chikn

Brother...can I tell you true.
You gotta get off Omeprazole. That shit will kill you. I was on it for 2 years. Then, it stopped working. Then it was Nexium....and then....
I go back to the doctor and he says no more Nexium, it's only supposed to be taken a few weeks.

Hmm....ok, well I'll go back on the Prilosec (Omeprazole).
"No, you aren't supposed to take it more than a couple months."
"Cheesus on a pizza doc! You had me on that shit 2 years!"
"You'll have to take Zantac."

Hell Zantac never worked. I had GERD so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I also had ulcers from taking friggin NSAIDs like Meloxicam, ultram, celebrex, for 15 years!
I was in a pickle. Someone on another forum told me to try papaya. I took the American Health papaya complex. It's got a lot of goodies in it.
I literally went through a case of the 360 count bottles, but 6 months of that, and I had NO symptoms. It takes an overdose of the stuff to start. I didn't get results until I was eating 20-30 a day.
3 before a meal, 3 with, 3 after, religiously.

Now I'm not a doctor, but I have taken a helpacritter oath.
My 85 year old mother, did the same thing and it cured her. She is also a heart patient.

Nothing Trump's eating right but....
Everything I can read about it, and I studied it cause I didn't know what to do and my doctor was no help, proton pump inhibitors are bad juju.
They reduce acid, but the catch? The problem isn't too much acid, it's too little. When you overeat, or eat hard to digest stuff, you can't produce enough acid...not like when you were young.

Remember the Zantac ad? "Eat like a kid again."
Wow. Guess what...that almost leads me to believe they KNOW them pills won't cure you....and they won't. The pills treat the symptom.

The papaya and papain from pineapple actually make it possible for you to DIGEST properly.
Your system is really screwed up when GERD is full blown. It takes a lot to reset and balance everything back out. It'll take months of papaya enzyme to reset things, but if you stick with it you CAN cure it. PPIs ain't ever gonna fix it, and will likely leave you worse off than you were.

Lucky vitamin is the cheapest outlet, and I recommend the Papaya Complex over the plain papaya.

Heck my snuff don't even give me indigestion anymore, whiskey either.

Please try it, and get back to me in a couple months. Everyone I know that tried it, and stuck with it, is completely off PPIs.

The vinegar won't cure GERD. The vinegar is an excellent maintenance regimen. Vinegar has been more help to me as an anti inflammatory.

For inflammation and arthritis use cinnamon and honey. Not the dollar store cinnamon. Get "true" or "sweet" cinnamon from a reliable source like wilderness family naturals. Mix 1:1 with honey into a paste. Take a Aggie marble size dollop every morning. It's even delicious.

Diet change (reduced portion size mostly).
Weight loss (30 lbs)
Stop drinking

That cured my GERD...

Reactions: clcustom1911
30 people get tetanus every year. Don’t get a deep puncture wound while playing in feces and you will be fine. Much bigger things to be worried about. Rusty Metal has nothing to do with Tetanus

Brother...can I tell you true.
You gotta get off Omeprazole. That shit will kill you. I was on it for 2 years. Then, it stopped working. Then it was Nexium....and then....
I go back to the doctor and he says no more Nexium, it's only supposed to be taken a few weeks.

Hmm....ok, well I'll go back on the Prilosec (Omeprazole).
"No, you aren't supposed to take it more than a couple months."
"Cheesus on a pizza doc! You had me on that shit 2 years!"
"You'll have to take Zantac."

Hell Zantac never worked. I had GERD so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I also had ulcers from taking friggin NSAIDs like Meloxicam, ultram, celebrex, for 15 years!
I was in a pickle. Someone on another forum told me to try papaya. I took the American Health papaya complex. It's got a lot of goodies in it.
I literally went through a case of the 360 count bottles, but 6 months of that, and I had NO symptoms. It takes an overdose of the stuff to start. I didn't get results until I was eating 20-30 a day.
3 before a meal, 3 with, 3 after, religiously.

Now I'm not a doctor, but I have taken a helpacritter oath.
My 85 year old mother, did the same thing and it cured her. She is also a heart patient.

Nothing Trump's eating right but....
Everything I can read about it, and I studied it cause I didn't know what to do and my doctor was no help, proton pump inhibitors are bad juju.
They reduce acid, but the catch? The problem isn't too much acid, it's too little. When you overeat, or eat hard to digest stuff, you can't produce enough acid...not like when you were young.

Remember the Zantac ad? "Eat like a kid again."
Wow. Guess what...that almost leads me to believe they KNOW them pills won't cure you....and they won't. The pills treat the symptom.

The papaya and papain from pineapple actually make it possible for you to DIGEST properly.
Your system is really screwed up when GERD is full blown. It takes a lot to reset and balance everything back out. It'll take months of papaya enzyme to reset things, but if you stick with it you CAN cure it. PPIs ain't ever gonna fix it, and will likely leave you worse off than you were.

Lucky vitamin is the cheapest outlet, and I recommend the Papaya Complex over the plain papaya.

Heck my snuff don't even give me indigestion anymore, whiskey either.

Please try it, and get back to me in a couple months. Everyone I know that tried it, and stuck with it, is completely off PPIs.

The vinegar won't cure GERD. The vinegar is an excellent maintenance regimen. Vinegar has been more help to me as an anti inflammatory.

For inflammation and arthritis use cinnamon and honey. Not the dollar store cinnamon. Get "true" or "sweet" cinnamon from a reliable source like wilderness family naturals. Mix 1:1 with honey into a paste. Take a Aggie marble size dollop every morning. It's even delicious.

WOW...that is quite a story. I have only taken the Omeprazole for 14 days. It has done wonders. My Doctor told me that it should only be necessary for three weeks.

I'm not sure how severe your reflux was or why it occurred. In my case, I drank too much hard liquor and for a time, I did it 4-5 days a week along with plenty of spicy food. My reflux was bad. It wasn't uncommon to aspirate in my sleep. It got to the point where on one night, I aspirated dried blood. At that point, I cut way back on my drinking and the spicy food. The pain in my throat better but it didn't go away. Some days were better than others. This has dragged on about 8 months now. My doctor said let's try some Omeprazole for three weeks in concert with no drinking and no spicy food. Getting pneumonia at the same time wasn't planned but it helped...LOL. For me it has done wonders to solve the problem you describe. However, I don't want this to be a long term solution as I understand the side effects. That is why I am interested in your idea and intend to try it.

Last edited:
Unless you get unlucky and your over developed immune system kicks into overdrive to fight a virus and the massive response winds up killing you.

Kind of like what happened about 100 years ago.

I wonder if we are prepped for that?

Seems most of the problems kids have these days is in regards to immune systems that over react......epi pens, type 1 diabetes, lupus, PANDAS........probably more.

WOW...that is quite a story. I have only taken the Omeprazole for 14 days. It has done wonders. My Doctor told me that it should only be necessary for three weeks.

I'm not sure how severe your reflux was or why it occurred. In my case, I drank too much hard liquor and for a time, I did it 4-5 days a week along with plenty of spicy food. My reflux was bad. It wasn't uncommon to aspirate in my sleep. It got to the point where on one night, I aspirated dried blood. At that point, I cut way back on my drinking and the spicy food. The pain in my throat better but it didn't go away. Some days were better than others. This has dragged on about 8 months now. My doctor said let's try some Omeprazole for three weeks in concert with no drinking and no spicy food. Getting pneumonia at the same time wasn't planned but it helped...LOL. For me it has done wonders to solve the problem you describe. However, I don't want this to be a long term solution as I understand the side effects. That is why I am interested in your idea and intend to try it.

Also try real papayas. They taste great and are very soothing tot he stomach. Get them really ripe.

What does this mean? I have seen it referenced elsewhere

Within the last year we had a health guru start teaching classes at work.

Some of my new lifestyle (Carb free) is based on what I see happen with my daughters Type 1 diabetes - the bodies reaction to carbs, sugar, illness, ketones.

What I picked up from the health guru was Autophagy, Raw cider vinegar and broccoli sprouts.

Ive adopted these three by two twenty four hour fasts per week, a table spoon of cider vinegar at morning and night (brush your teeth right after to prevent enamel wear) and I eat broccoli sprouts on every salad and eat a salad daily pretty much.

Autophagy occurs when you go without food for a period of 16 hours, better to go longer. Your body jettisons all the garbage in the system as it starts to hunker down. Its not "starvation" and because I eat a fat/protein carb free diet its not even that hard to do - my energy stays good all day, even through workouts. People will think of this as a weight loss tactic but it has nothing to do with weight loss. I don't care about my weight. Sure I have gone from 205 to 180 but that was just a side benefit - not the goal. Autophagy helps the body by jettisoning shit like cancer cells, protein tangles related to alzheimers, and other toxins. I read a study 20 or more years ago about how scientists were baffled because a fruit fly that was allowed to eat its regular diet had a lifespan of about 24 hours but a fruit fly that was forced to fast lasted around two weeks. A Japanese scientist came up with the discovery of Autophagy and won the nobel for it (a real nobel not an Obama nobel). Im sold.

Cider contains a bunch of bacteria and organisms good for the gut. With my carb free diet my gut doesn't get easy food to eat. I figure the cider will benefit all my little intestine creatures and help to create a healthy gut. Interesting the stuff doctors are proposing now regards the immune system and how its related to gut health. I somewhat suspect my daughters Type I is related to frequent prescriptions of antibiotics she took when young and the possibility it upset her immune system and caused her diabetes - ditto m sons PANDAS. We didn't get antibiotics for ear aches/sore throats as a kid. I remember oily ear drops that would stop the pain and in a day or two you would be all set. Last ear ache I had was on Parris Island and that was the exact remedy oily ear drops and I was training in a day or so.

Broccoli sprouts are I learned are one of the few sources of a chemical called Sulphorophane. Apparently it is a super chemical that acts to cleanse the liver. If you believe it its a super anti toxin and there are few sources with broccoli sprouts being one of the best. Something about the act of chewing and damaging the sprouts releases sulphorophane into your system. Swallow them like Debbie does Dallas on a dick I assume you don't get the benefit. Chew em like you are a bovine with three stomachs to get the benefit.

Than the "food is medicine" quote. Just seemed real sage to me. I say it to my kids. Why do you want to put shit in your body that is not good for you? What you eat should be chosen with the thought regarding how will it help you. The two pints of ice cream I ate the other night on my birthday was purely a mental health thing after months of not having any so I guess I ate it with an eye to how it was going to help my mind at the slight harm to my body.

Thing is now being carb limited a sugar load like that really makes me feel like shit after.

Some of my new lifestyle (Carb free) is based on what I see happen with my daughters Type 1 diabetes - the bodies reaction to carbs, sugar, illness, ketones.

What I picked up from the health guru was Autophagy, Raw cider vinegar and broccoli sprouts.

Ive adopted these three by two twenty four hour fasts per week, a table spoon of cider vinegar at morning and night (brush your teeth right after to prevent enamel wear) and I eat broccoli sprouts on every salad and eat a salad daily pretty much.

Autophagy occurs when you go without food for a period of 16 hours, better to go longer. Your body jettisons all the garbage in the system as it starts to hunker down. Its not "starvation" and because I eat a fat/protein carb free diet its not even that hard to do - my energy stays good all day, even through workouts. People will think of this as a weight loss tactic but it has nothing to do with weight loss. I don't care about my weight. Sure I have gone from 205 to 180 but that was just a side benefit - not the goal. Autophagy helps the body by jettisoning shit like cancer cells, protein tangles related to alzheimers, and other toxins. I read a study 20 or more years ago about how scientists were baffled because a fruit fly that was allowed to eat its regular diet had a lifespan of about 24 hours but a fruit fly that was forced to fast lasted around two weeks. A Japanese scientist came up with the discovery of Autophagy and won the nobel for it (a real nobel not an Obama nobel). Im sold.

Cider contains a bunch of bacteria and organisms good for the gut. With my carb free diet my gut doesn't get easy food to eat. I figure the cider will benefit all my little intestine creatures and help to create a healthy gut. Interesting the stuff doctors are proposing now regards the immune system and how its related to gut health. I somewhat suspect my daughters Type I is related to frequent prescriptions of antibiotics she took when young and the possibility it upset her immune system and caused her diabetes - ditto m sons PANDAS. We didn't get antibiotics for ear aches/sore throats as a kid. I remember oily ear drops that would stop the pain and in a day or two you would be all set. Last ear ache I had was on Parris Island and that was the exact remedy oily ear drops and I was training in a day or so.

Broccoli sprouts are I learned are one of the few sources of a chemical called Sulphorophane. Apparently it is a super chemical that acts to cleanse the liver. If you believe it its a super anti toxin and there are few sources with broccoli sprouts being one of the best. Something about the act of chewing and damaging the sprouts releases sulphorophane into your system. Swallow them like Debbie does Dallas on a dick I assume you don't get the benefit. Chew em like you are a bovine with three stomachs to get the benefit.

Than the "food is medicine" quote. Just seemed real sage to me. I say it to my kids. Why do you want to put shit in your body that is not good for you? What you eat should be chosen with the thought regarding how will it help you. The two pints of ice cream I ate the other night on my birthday was purely a mental health thing after months of not having any so I guess I ate it with an eye to how it was going to help my mind at the slight harm to my body.

Thing is now being carb limited a sugar load like that really makes me feel like shit after.

Thanks for the detailed answer....

I already eat a ton of broccoli and brussels sprouts. So I guess I am doing that correctly. I have been a sprouts and salads fan for most of my life.

I can't agree regarding the zero carb thing. I tried that in the 90s when the first carb free craze hit and I just had no energy. I find that limiting carbs to morning and noon and none or very few in the evening works best. It does reduce your chances of type 1 diabetes but putting your body in a keto state really escalates your chances of contracting serious kidney issues. I eat desserts once in a blue moon. I never use refined sugar. I haven't had soda in years. I have no issues with sugar levels so I am not at risk for any diabetic issues according to my doctor. I think the most important thing that many non-carb people focus on is carbs from highly processed grains are items you should avoid. An absence of whole grain food items is crazy to me as humans are omnivores and need a balanced approach to nutrition. Whole grains and fruits are essential in my opinion.

I know a few people that practice the autophagy regimen. They swear by it. I would honestly like to try it but not sure I could go without eating.

Reactions: pmclaine
Thanks for the detailed answer....

I already eat a ton of broccoli and brussels sprouts. So I guess I am doing that correctly. I have been a sprouts and salads fan for most of my life.

I can't agree regarding the zero carb thing. I tried that in the 90s when the first carb free craze hit and I just had no energy. I find that limiting carbs to morning and noon and none or very few in the evening works best. It does reduce your chances of type 1 diabetes but putting your body in a keto state really escalates your chances of contracting serious kidney issues. I eat desserts once in a blue moon. I never use refined sugar. I haven't had soda in years. I have no issues with sugar levels so I am not at risk for any diabetic issues according to my doctor. I think the most important thing that many non-carb people focus on is carbs from highly processed grains are items you should avoid. An absence of whole grain food items is crazy to me as humans are omnivores and need a balanced approach to nutrition. Whole grains and fruits are essential in my opinion.

I know a few people that practice the autophagy regimen. They swear by it. I would honestly like to try it but not sure I could go without eating.

Get broccoli sprouts. Mature plants don't contain as much sulphurophane as the sprouts.

Reasonably cheap at whole foods, $3 for a container. You can grow them by the shit ton even cheaper.

Reactions: Nik H

A lot of sage advice here. Ive been up and down fighting a whole pile of tick borne illnesses the last 3 years. I've done heavy IV antibiotics, injectable antibiotics, handfuls of a half dozen antibiotic pills at insane dosages with each one nastier than the last and they failed to kill what needed killing despite 18 months of nuking my system from orbit. Eventually realized I had to find another way and that most MDs (even Lyme Literate ones) are one trick ponies- if antibiotics dont work they just try more and different antibiotics.

Most diseases grow in acidic environments and in inflammation. Processed sugars and simple carbs cause these conditions. Cutting them out, adding alkalizing foods like heavy greens (I use chlorella algae instead of sprouts but lots of ways to do this), cutting out all processed foods, anything with chemicals and preservatives (I can still have bacon and sausage if its uncured or not nitrites) does wonders for your health. I got a juicing machine and took it to the next level- juicing turmeric, garlic, ginger, and other stuff has proven to be more effective than all the drugs they pumped into me. Its been a real eye opener. Food is absolutely medicine. As more disease become antibiotic resistant I think we are going to have to relearn a lot of old world medicine. There are things that work well like iodine and Liposomal Vitamin C that dont get researched and studied as there is no profit in them, but can be just as effective as antibiotics. I've literally staked my life on that belief after current Western medicine failed. It takes a while to unwire your brain from believing medicine has to come in an orange bottle with a child proof cap.

A lot of sage advice here. Ive been up and down fighting a whole pile of tick borne illnesses the last 3 years. I've done heavy IV antibiotics, injectable antibiotics, handfuls of a half dozen antibiotic pills at insane dosages with each one nastier than the last and they failed to kill what needed killing despite 18 months of nuking my system from orbit. Eventually realized I had to find another way and that most MDs (even Lyme Literate ones) are one trick ponies- if antibiotics dont work they just try more and different antibiotics.

Most diseases grow in acidic environments and in inflammation. Processed sugars and simple carbs cause these conditions. Cutting them out, adding alkalizing foods like heavy greens (I use chlorella algae instead of sprouts but lots of ways to do this), cutting out all processed foods, anything with chemicals and preservatives (I can still have bacon and sausage if its uncured or not nitrites) does wonders for your health. I got a juicing machine and took it to the next level- juicing turmeric, garlic, ginger, and other stuff has proven to be more effective than all the drugs they pumped into me. Its been a real eye opener. Food is absolutely medicine. As more disease become antibiotic resistant I think we are going to have to relearn a lot of old world medicine. There are things that work well like iodine and Liposomal Vitamin C that dont get researched and studied as there is no profit in them, but can be just as effective as antibiotics. I've literally staked my life on that belief after current Western medicine failed. It takes a while to unwire your brain from believing medicine has to come in an orange bottle with a child proof cap.

Forgot to add my eating Tumeric.

Breakfast is likely my most inflammatory meal with that oh so delicious Boars Head bacon I consume.

I grate raw turmeric on my bacon and eggs hoping it will counter act some of that inflammatory goodness.

My kid was diagnosed with PANDAS (look it up). It sucks. Basically its rheumatic fever of the brain. He has been on antibiotics close to two years now. Currnetly augmentin is the bug killer of choice and that is pretty tough stuff.

I don't know if there is something better we can do for him. we have him functional now which is a huge plus cause when it first hit he became a shut in pretty much.

We have what I think are the best Drs in the country for this stuff but he is on meds that scare the crap out of me.

Id wish he would eat better food sthat would treat his issues but he is a typical 12 year old with a limited kid diet.

Just going to have to continue to stumble through this until more is known about the condition.

Breakfast is likely my most inflammatory meal with that oh so delicious Boars Head bacon I consume.

I grate raw turmeric on my bacon and eggs hoping it will counter act some of that inflammatory goodness.

My kid was diagnosed with PANDAS (look it up). It sucks. Basically its rheumatic fever of the brain. He has been on antibiotics close to two years now. Currnetly augmentin is the bug killer of choice and that is pretty tough stuff.

I don't know if there is something better we can do for him. we have him functional now which is a huge plus cause when it first hit he became a shut in pretty much.

We have what I think are the best Drs in the country for this stuff but he is on meds that scare the crap out of me.

Id wish he would eat better food that would treat his issues but he is a typical 12 year old with a limited kid diet.

Just going to have to continue to stumble through this until more is known about the condition.

Im sorry to hear that. Unfortunately Im very familiar with PANDAS, encephalitis and and a variety of brain infections from my own fight. Getting most drugs across the blood brain barrier is tough. The best thing Ive discovered in my quest having gone drug free is hyperbarric ozone (also called 10 pass). The results are simply amazing. Try and find someone in your area that has a machine. LLMDs (lyme literate MDs) are becoming versed in fighting things without antibiotics since they eventually fail so often. Worth finding one- plenty of them in the North East. The tick borne illnesses trigger PANS/PANDAS so they will have experience. Given your location you kid may have a tick borne infection as well- the standard test to determine it suck (been tested many times and always negative on the ones your regular doc gives). You should test him through IgeneX and/or DNA Connexions to get a better idea. if you contact ILADS they should be able to give you an LLMD in the area although the DNA Connexions test you can order yourself.

In Bali they make a drink called Jamu Kunyit they all drink every morning for health. It tumeric juice mostly and its more effective for me as an antiinflammatory/pain killer than alot of the prescription stuff. You can Google a recipe-

Id wish he would eat better food sthat would treat his issues but he is a typical 12 year old with a limited kid diet.

I forgot that as well. Turmeric is something I use quite a bit

I gotta look more into these 'broccoli sprouts'. I/we like and grow our own alfalfa and bean sprouts here, as they are REALLY good when eaten so fresh that they are still screaming from being plucked from their families. ;)

Thanks for this.

Reactions: W54/XM-388