• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you think they will go house to house in Connecticut?

Graham, there is something else you ought to consider. My perception is that you often look down your nose at those with little or no experience, as if by definition they cannot be serious men. That can be a dangerous assumption, causing us to undervalue a teammate or underestimate an enemy. Every man who has ever "been there and done that" at one time or another went there and did that for the first time. He probably even said he was going to do it before he did it. So while respect should be earned, so should derision.

KY, thanks for that: Good points; things for me to consider.

But my nose doesn't matter. The problem with BTDT is that it is only useful as to credibility when it provided an opportunity for learning not available to anyone else. Otherwise it only proves that one was a victim of circumstance.

Graham, there is something else you ought to consider. My perception is that you often look down your nose at those with little or no experience, as if by definition they cannot be serious men. That can be a dangerous assumption, causing us to undervalue a teammate or underestimate an enemy. Every man who has ever "been there and done that" at one time or another went there and did that for the first time. He probably even said he was going to do it before he did it. So while respect should be earned, so should derision.

Ahhhh, good nights rest has me as fresh as the morning dew on a new rose.

A very interesting post, KY, especially the part about under valuing a team mate or under estimating an enemy. The counter point to that would seem to be "grossly over estimating oneself", no?

Ok, guys, I think we all see whats going on here. Im going to drop out of this thread...

Ahhhh, good nights rest has me as fresh as the morning dew on a new rose.

A very interesting post, KY, especially the part about under valuing a team mate or under estimating an enemy. The counter point to that would seem to be "grossly over estimating oneself", no?
Flag: Although there's no board rule against going back on your word, there are prohibitions against trolling and on disrupting threads by persisting in personal attacks, veiled or otherwise.

Last edited:
The problem with BTDT is that it is only useful as to credibility when it provided an opportunity for learning not available to anyone else.
Bullshit,... Everyone has the same opportunity in this country, that's what we are about, but some have even more Opportunity by LAW. Some make excuses as to the why, but the only valid is mental ability or medical. If one whats to step up and be a BTDT, Uncle and others can/could hook you up at any time with opportunity, it's always been there 24/7. There are guys with in our Military combat forces that are not even US citizens, but they came here because we have that opportunity flowing out our ass.

Bullshit,... Everyone has the same opportunity in this country, that's what we are about, but some have even more Opportunity by LAW. Some make excuses as to the why, but the only valid is mental ability or medical. If one whats to step up and be a BTDT, Uncle and others can/could hook you up at any time with opportunity, it's always been there 24/7. There are guys with in our Military combat forces that are not even US citizens, but they came here because we have that opportunity flowing out our ass.
I take your point, but when you call BS it couldn't hurt to have an argument and/or an illustration as to WHY it's BS.

Equality of opportunity is more of an ideal than a reality. The most accurate indicator of what someone will become remains who his parents were.

In a recent study, half of adults making less than $30,000.00 a year claim to have achieved the American dream; and 45% of that half said they were in a higher class as adults than when growing up as children. Is that equality of opportunity? I don't know. You decide.

But despite growing GDP, poverty is growing in our country: in 2004 12% of the population lived in poverty, up roughly 3/10% per year. If what you say was true, then we wouldn't rank third from the bottom of industrialized countries in wealth disparity - ahead of only Mexico and Russia

So, what I do know is that virtue and opportunity don't always dovetail.

Equality of opportunity is more of an ideal than a reality. The most accurate indicator of what someone will become remains who his parents were.

In a recent study, half of adults making less than $30,000.00 a year claim to have achieved the American dream; and 45% of that half said they were in a higher class as adults than when growing up as children. Is that equality of opportunity? I don't know. You decide.

Id be interested in a link to the study you quote. From what I see in personal experience it holds true. Most of my friends whose parents were well educated are, financially at least, far better off than those whose did not.

On the other hand I see little disparity in their ability to have successful relationships, nor their perceived level of overall satisfaction in life.

Gov. Malloy of Conn. in a town hall meeting mentions the Constitution in a off handed remark and a lady in the crowd tells him why don't you read it sometime.

n a recent study, half of adults making less than $30,000.00 a year claim to have achieved the American dream; and 45% of that half said they were in a higher class as adults than when growing up as children. Is that equality of opportunity? I don't know. You decide.

But despite growing GDP, poverty is growing in our country: in 2004 12% of the population lived in poverty, up roughly 3/10% per year. If what you say was true, then we wouldn't rank third from the bottom of industrialized countries in wealth disparity - ahead of only Mexico and Russia

The opportunity for everyone does still exist, however the wealthy who buy politicians give those politicians an agenda to make it very difficult for people to succeed by restricting that opportunity through regulation. They do not want you to become wealthy because if you are, that wealth had to come from somewhere. It comes out of their pocket. You made it by producing something that competes with what they produce. If you are not competing with them, they can control it all.

Poverty in this country is increasing because they want it to. They want people to be dependent on the government. If they are dependent on the government then the government has control over them.

Look how easy it is to get food stamps, disability, section 8 housing, free cell phones, medicaid... Hell, if I was a lazy ass I would find all of that to be a pretty sweet deal. Joining the ranks of poverty is a good deal for the unmotivated.

You can still make it in this country if you are willing to navigate the system. I grew up in a poor household, served my time in the Military, and I am in the top 2% of wage earners in this country. If I can do it, anyone can. But that door is slowly closing.

We all know gun control has nothing to do with public safety. It is all about disarming the populace so they can gain more control and with that control comes more wealth for them.

As you can see by the information you found, they are slowly succeeding in their endeavor but I am sure they want to accelerate it. They want that wealth now and the only way to get it is to disarm the population.

Last edited:
I take your point, but when you call BS it couldn't hurt to have an argument and/or an illustration as to WHY it's BS.

The same opportunity's are forefathers had are still available in this nation. People here have became lazy, and many believe what the power grabbers have been saying sense before Hoover. I like many can't grasp how 2 + 2 = 5 but that kind of college training/thinking is why we have a run away deficit. Now add the fact we pay folks educated beyond their intelligence to lead us, then wonder why the nation is like it is. Good men doing nothing is the reason, with common sense being uncommon. The pendulum is starting to swing back and now the ones fixing to get caught up with,... don't like it, hence the grabbing at straws. Doing the bidding of/for is the same as in many places, and all actions have consequences. Those who though they were or will be immune do to XXX will find, they were wrong.

I think the "opportunity" that Gunfighter spoke of is the opportunity to play on a two-way range with free ammunition. That opportunity has indeed been widely available in the past decade - and indeed even well before then, if the number of calls from recruiters that I received immediately after high-school graduation was any indication.

The opportunity that Graham spoke of is somewhat less obtainable; we can talk about whatever systemic attributes we wish or pretend to be present in our great land, but the numbers don't lie (and before anyone paints me with the pejorative of the hour, simply pointing out facts do not predispose me to any assumption of an alternative solution).

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with confiscation, other than the fact that choices and opportunity have afforded me the ability to pay substantial tax bills over the past several years that will fund all of this bullshit.

There are definitely some good points and some passionate opinions but in regards to a door to door confiscation for me the answer is very simple. And to me it's as simple as, could I live with myself having to look my son in the eye and tell him stories of what freedoms we used to enjoy or would I rather have my wife tell my son about why the freedoms he has and why they are important to protect and at what cost they came? I've been to parts of the world that have known freedom and no longer do. It's a simple answer. To each their own I guess. But it's easy to talk a big game until lead starts zinging by.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

We are not bound to our upbringing. We are a product of it. Some choose to improve their financial quality of life at sacrifice to their leisure time. Others become complacent to their surroundings and choose to perpetuate the cycle. It's all about mindset. I grew up as poor as any kid not on welfare could. I was happy, didn't know any better. I may well have carried on with that way of life if I hadn't been exposed to the nicer things in life.

My desire to attain 1%er items has made me work to have them. Our country has true class-mobility unlike many others. Here we are free to be on welfare, or to work to have nice things while supporting those on welfare.

Ignorance is a just argument. Many people here never heard of GAP or Schmidt & Bender until they started reading on sites like the Hide. Once they realized they wanted these types of products, they put in overtime and earned the money to but these products.

To compare Americans to other countries is to ignore American Exceptionalism. Granted, it is becoming a more distant concept with each generation, but is up to us to pass American ideals on to our children along with the life tools to succeed.

I totally agree. I grew up dirt poor and now spend more money on guns and ammo then some people on minimum wage make in a 6 months. It's a mindset, growing up poor is no excuse. This is one of the few countries you can go from dirt poor to wealthy and no one will stop you.
I had a single mother who refused to take a dime from the government and very easily could have go from far below the poverty level to an ivy league school graduate all while putting my sister and I through high school. Anything is possible in this country if you really want it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I am absolutely certain that anyone who registers is going to be facing a prohibitive tax/fee on "Assault Weapon" ownership.

"The power to tax a thing is the power to destroy a thing."

I am absolutely certain that anyone who registers is going to be facing a prohibitive tax/fee on "Assault Weapon" ownership.

I have said that from day one. I can see that down the road especially in this state that loves to tax everything. That's the reason I only registered what I need to compete with and everything else is out of state. Even a tax will be less than a lawyer's bill to try and defend yourself getting caught with something illegal.

But it's easy to talk a big game until lead starts zinging by.

Let me tell you, the first time it scares the shit out of you. You think you heart is going to jump out of your chest, the adrenaline from your flee or fight instinct goes into overdrive, and you have to force yourself to remember to breathe. Some people can channel that to focus on the fight and the protection of those around them, some want to flee, others become paralyzed.

After a couple of times you don't freak out as much, you just focus on being really really careful and keeping your head and body out of the line of fire.

My point to all that is, Some can talk a big game and maintain. Others cant. Some people really fear death and that fear causes them to surrender or run, others have come to terms with death and those are to ones you need to be the most afraid of. They will be the ones that will fire back.

Look at it like this, a criminal who has nothing to loose and rather fight to the finish than become bubba's bitch in prison are the ones that fight till the last bullet is fired. Others value their life over being locked up and they will surrender. If you value your principles more than death then you are likely the one that will give your guns up bullet first. If holding your kids each day and living in social and economic bondage is a better alternative to death, I'd suggest turning your guns in and not talk any game.

RHunter, fair enough. However, sudden combat and gradual confiscation are different animals. As are imminent death, and the deprivation of property.

Last edited:
In NYC they had gradual confiscation. Register assault weapons, ban this and that, confisacte assault weapons. Ban high capacity magazines, confiscate them. etc.

RHunter, fair enough. However, sudden combat and gradual confiscation are different animals. As are imminent death, and the deprivation of property

Your forgot the protection of rights and ideology.

I will concede that my position is a sum of many things but I honestly do feel there are many who believe the same way, and you are probably right that most people that talk big game will surrender their firearms in a confiscation. I would venture to say 99% of them would be civilians.

But I really do think there is a decent percentage of people like myself that have had more training than the guys that will show up at our door, have been shot at more times than the guys that would show up at our door, don't have kids at home like some of the guys that will show up at our door, and will seriously outgun those that would show up at our door.

There are a lot of pissed off military veterans in this country that were either pissed on when they came home, or were sent to a fight for the good of the country they were sent too only to see everything we worked for, and our friends that were killed there, was a complete waste of time, treasure, sweat, effort and LIFE. For what? So we could come home to have our constitutional rights shit on, medical disability claims denied, or the lack of a decent wheel chair for our buddies who got their legs blown off by an IED?

And now that same government we swore an oath to protect wants to confiscate our guns out of concern for public safety? Lie to us again?

I don't think so.... I would prefer to show my government what they got for that million dollars they spent training me.

Last edited:
Your forgot deprivation of rights and ideology.

I will concede that my position is a sum of many things but I honestly do feel there are many who believe the same way, and you are probably right that most people that talk big game will surrender their firearms in a confiscation. I would venture to say 99% of them would be civilians.

But I really do think there is a decent percentage of people like myself that have had more training than the guys that will show up at our door, have been shot at more times than the guys that would show up at our door, don't have kids at home like some of the guys that will show up at our door, and will seriously outgun those that would show up at our door.

There are a lot of pissed off military veterans in this country that were either pissed on when they came home, or were sent to a fight for the good of the country they were sent too only to see everything we worked for, and our friends that were killed there, was a complete waste of time, treasure, sweat, effort and LIFE. For what? So we could come home to have our constitutional rights shit on, medical claims denied, and a decent wheel chair for our buddies who got their legs blown off by an IED?

And now that same government we swore an oath to protect wants to confiscate our guns out of concern for public safety? Lie to us again?

I don't think so.... I would prefer to show my government what they got for that million dollars they spent training me.

Thanks

Some people really fear death and that fear causes them to surrender or run, others have come to terms with death and those are to ones you need to be the most afraid of. They will be the ones that will fire back.

... I would prefer to show my government what they got for that million dollars they spent training me.

Those two quotes contain more awesome truth than I have heard in a long time.

And this will be the new crime--then "they" will use tax evasion as their excuse to prosecute and indirectly confiscate the guns they were really after to begin with. Caught in possession of a non-tax-paid firearm and you lose the gun but the actual crime is tax evasion and the sheep-at-large buy it through the MSM propaganda machine.

In another scenario an armed revolt within the borders of the US would be the perfect "national emergency" to suspend further elections, seize bank and retirement accounts for the greater good, and firmly establish the dictatorship of the great one. I'm getting too political here so I'll STFU...again.

For those who think it can't happen here,... just read between the lines,....If You Can.

I am very familiar with that story. In fact, there is a good video in you tube about it. I am amazed at how few people know about this. I mentioned it one day on the firing line in a discussion and to my bewilderment, no one know about it.

Found the video: Watch this, it is excellent

RHunter, fair enough. However, sudden combat and gradual confiscation are different animals. As are imminent death, and the deprivation of property.

The moment you unlock your knees, you might as well whip out the kneepads. We all die, but in the moment that you live without fear of physical death your spirit lives forever.

They forwarded such a tax right after Newtown here in CO and other places. It took the form of a "mandatory insurance policy" (that would no doubt be administered by a crony). The idea is out there and like you said it will be applied to those sheep who were naive enough to have registered. If they had announced that they were going to "tax" your guns, nobody would have registered so they have to build the registry first and then legislate the tax once people are in the system.

The moment you unlock your knees, you might as well whip out the kneepads. We all die, but in the moment that you live without fear of physical death your spirit lives forever.

Well said V. A little poem I wrote years ago when I was in English class. The teacher didn't like it but I think you will.

Hot lead
or cold steel
Both a more tasty dish
than heel.

Well we now know who the smartest 250 LEO's are in that state.

I wonder how long they will have their jobs.....

Last edited:
I wonder how long they will have their jobs.....

Probably a long time if everyone with respect for what they are doing (assuming this is a valid story. Not sure if I can give full faith and credit to a news service with links to story about a UFO docked at the space station) gets on the campaign and writes, emails, calls those that hold their jobs in the balance.

CT Sp are resident Troopers. 24 hrs/7 days a week I believe they are available to any resident that needs their services. People may get all puffed up to fire someone they dont know but when they find out its "Bob" the good guy Trooper next door they will question why is this happening and educate themselves.

In this case the first side that shows a heavy hand will lose.

Last edited:
I was too young to be fully aware of the atmosphere when the AWB was on the horizon in the early 90's. I realize the internet wasn't what it is today so that would certainly hamper information exchange...

I was wondering what the feel was during those times? Was it similar to what we are seeing now?

This is a serious question as I am wondering if we have ever as gun supporters faced such a situation, and what the pulse of the gun community was then.

Thanks,
Jethro

Re reading that "news story" all I see noted is "250 law enforcement officers". It is not one agency that has signed on to this. Sure Im sure there is a Trooper or two, hopefully more, but its less impact if its one officer in Podunk separated by miles from another officer in Geedunk and all other officers on the department refused to sign the petition.

Still its positive news maybe they are the 3%.

The weak in a society will always agree with the speakers of progressive socialist thought. The weak will also be the first to say that receiving free things from the government is good. The weak forget one thing. A nation dependent upon it;s government is a nation that is not free. A state that demands arms be turned in or be confiscated is not a state that has to be obeyed. As free men, we demand govenment only do what needs to be done to support a secure infrastructure. We free, we secure our homes, our lives, and our property on our own merit, with our own ways and means.
To be weak is to become subject. We are not weak. We are frontiersmen, we are warriors, we are veterans of wars fought. There is a war upon our national horizon, it is a war of insurrection. It will be a war against states and governments who demand our arms. We will not allow this.
For those of you who will support or allow your neighbor to have his arms taken, you deserve yours to be taken also if you do not do what needs to be done. Your cowardice will be duly noted as a lesson to those of us who will fight

I was wondering what the feel was during those times? Was it similar to what we are seeing now?

That was just a ban on new manufacture. If you had them you got to keep them. No one was going to force you to turn them in.

Mind you, they were not as popular then as they are now and there were not as many makers as there are now. Less people were effected.

Actually in CT it was the same in 93' as it is now. You had to register your rifles with the 2 evil features just like the ban list the Feds pushed through. Now it's one evil feature and magazines. So there was registration 20 years ago as well and those rifles are still registered. Just no internet for people to pontificate on so it was a different feel.