• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does a Leapers 10/22 UTG Commando Tactical Picatinny Quad Rail affect accuracy???

Contact_Front

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2014
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a new Ruger 10/22 with a synthetic stock and I want to make it a little more tactical so I can mount a flashlight, stand, Magpul foregrip and an Aimpoint PRO optic.
Basically it's a lead up to when I buy an M1A/SOCOM as I just want to experiment with tactical mods, attachments etc so I know what to look for when I upgrade to a bigger platform.

Anyway, I've been doing some browsing online and the Leapers UTG 10/22 Commando Tactical Quad Rail seems to pop up as the rail to get to tac' out a Ruger 10/22. However, I'm a little concerned it's too much of a generic fit to really make it worthwhile mounting so I'm having doubts as to how well it sits on the rifle and if it will affect accuracy.
Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear

Can anyone provide any advice on these rails (are there any better makes aside from Leapers?) or an alternative way of mounting tactical accessories?
My original plan was have the foregrip and sight rail separate (such as somehow mounting a UTG Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Quad Rail on the front and a Xtreme Hardcore Gear Tru Level Picatinny-Style Rail for the Aimpoint) or mount rails to side and underside of the foregrip and receiver separately.

Cheers!!!

Everything I've ever bought from UTG Leapers has been total junk: soft metal, bad design, etc. Their forend rails actually damage AK gas tubes, etc.

Actually, considering the cost / lack of availability of .22 rimfire ammo these days, I'd get a good AK instead. MUCH better and more useful platform than a 1022 or a Mini 14. 7.62x39 ammo actually costs less per round than the last batch of .22 WMR I bought and 7.62x39 is a REAL combat, hunting, plinking, do anything round and there's tons of availability out there.

Also, if you get a good AK and want to upgrade to forend rails, scope & red dot mounts, etc., Midwest Industries is very good.

Last edited: