• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know where to buy a .308 BCG?

Nutro

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
I know they are super hard to find but my dad and I just built our first .308 and we've got everything done and even found 1 PMAG for it but the only piece we are missing is the BCG. I've got one on "Backorder" but who knows when that will ship and we want to shoot the rifle.

Thanks guys

Harris tactical had nickle boron coated bcgs that are set to start shipping in march. I ordered one. I think it was 369 or 349.

Fulton Armory has some for their Titan .308 (DPMS compatible) rifles in both black/phosphate and chromed according to their webiste but their comms are non-existent and there have been reports of things supposedly in stock when ordered that were NOT in stock in reality. If you order from them, you may get it and you may not, but they aren't taking backorders so you really aren't out anything.

If you need it RIGHT NOW and Fulton doesn't help you...your options are limited to: a) GunBroker and GunBroker prices; or 2) BARFCOM's AR-10 EE Subforum (and BARFCOM prices).

BCGs are still one of the most difficult-to-source parts because many mfgs are holding their stock for full builds rather than parting with precious inventory for individual sales of parts. Keep on your backorder, get on the wait list at places like MidwayUSA, Rainier Arms, DSG Arms, 762SASS, etc., etc., and be patient or go for the above now and be spendy.

I have been receiving parts from fulton pretty regularly, a bit longer than normal but they are getting here. M 14 parts though, and one AR 15 20" heavy barrel.

Hmm ok. I didn't see this before. Is everything Milspec? Seem like a good quality?

I don't know if it's milspec (what is even mil spec for 308 bolt carriers?). But it is very well finished, staked properly and seems fine in my LR308 (bolt locks into barrel extension correctly). I say it's a good buy. This guy seems to have quite the supply because as soon as one sells he puts up another one ( search for other products for sale from this seller).

I found one at gunbroker. The seller claims to be the manufacturer. Looks identical to the Harris. Ordered on Tuesday, received yesterday. Nickel boron plated. He has several for 250 with a buy now of 350. Manual cycling was fine. Minor differences between my DPMS and the new one

I backordered a JP Low Mass BCG in December through Brownells. Not in a hurry as this is my second MA-Ten build.

Just received notification my bolt shipped from Midway! I backordered Dec 21 and the delivery date is April 4th. Hopefully this isnt some sad sick April fools joke haha